Can someone PLEASE answer this!?

Guest benkenobi

Guest benkenobi

Website Payments Pro Business Rules

Website Payments Pro must be integrated on your website in the following ways. You must:

1. Present the PayPal Express Checkout button and associated messaging before requesting

shipping address, billing address, and financial information. PayPal account holders should

not be required enter any of this information on your website, because the information is

available from their PayPal accounts. See “Placement of the Express Checkout Button†on

page 41.

2. Display PayPal as an option along side other payment methods, wherever other payment

methods are offered. See “Placement of PayPal With Other Payment Methods†on page 44.

3. Give PayPal users the option to checkout without logging into your store account.

4. Present the PayPal mark graphic wherever other payment marks are displayed.

On my test install, I was forced to either log in or register and was never given the paypal express option. I need to determine if I'm doing something wrong, or if CubeCart just doesn't work that way..

I'd REALLY like to start developing my store and SELLING things.. and I'd REALLY like to use CubeCart .. So any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Guest benkenobi

28 views and NO ONE could tell me "I've been using Paypal direct/express for _____ months and they haven't given me any hassle" or "My install displays the express checkout button before a login/registration page" ...

?

Guest Brivtech

It's a little confusing as to what the problem is at first glance.

You're saying that with Website Payment Pros, they have rules as to the order payments are supposed to be processed... ... OK

Add a paypal option to CubeCart... ... But you weren't given the Paypal Express option - have you added it in and configured it as a payment gateway option in the Admin area?

Cubecart requires customers to register (or login) before being able to continue through the checkout. At some stage when time permits, I may re-write this if CubeCart don't.

As far as checkout out without logging in, I'm not sure how that would be able to work. There is a checkout MOD for free items (Like downloads) that bypasses registration, perhaps that could be adapted in your case. But otherwise, how are you to capture your customer's details to send them to PayPal?

Perhaps someone else with more experience of this could better answer your topic. I'd suggest looking at other payment gateways and seeing if you can improve on what you're being offered.

Guest AllOut

Have you enabled Pay Pal in your admin/gateways? Have you gone to your account at Pay Pal to configure your merchant options?

what do I do to configure my merchant options with paypal?

Guest benkenobi

Hmm.. now that I look at it, my description of the problem is a bit ambiguous...

Basically, the rules state that a user should not be required to enter information or log in to your website if they choose to pay via Paypal Express Checkout...

If you look at osCommerce (screenshot below).. This page is when I add something to the cart or when I view my cart ... I'm given the option to go to PayPal for checkout ... I'm assuming that the contact/shipping info gets shot back to the site via IPN (the same way the site knows something has been paid for via paypal) ..

I'm guessing that according to PayPal's rules, that is how it is supposed to work ... There's no login required if you use PayPal..

screen12or.th.jpg

When I had CubeCart installed, everything worked correctly.. I was able to pay via PayPal Express and via Credit Card (using Web Payments Pro) .. the only catch was that I was required to login/register before being given the option to do Express Checkout.. Which, according to paypal's rules, is a no-no..

I guess I'll simply never understand why people want to use PayPal Pro. Why pay for what you can get for FREE? People don't care how they do it. If you accept PayPal in any way, shape or form, they're fine with that. The PayPal IPN/PDT option works perfectly and has no extraneous charges. The Express/Direct option requires SSL on your site and you pay an extra $25 per month for the privilege. I just don't get it.

And yes, CubeCart doesn't follow PayPal's rules properly. The checkout method was written before PayPal Express/Direct was considered (my educated guess that is)

:)

Guest benkenobi

Hey, I don't make the business decisions.. Partner does.. I just implement them :w00t: .. If it were 100% up to me, I'd just force everyone to pay via Paypal and NOT Credit Card...

So what's my solution for using CubeCart and complying to PayPal's rules?

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Did anyone come up with a solution for this? PayPal just raised my transaction fee by 1% because of my side not abiding to the rules. i.e. users not having to register to make a purchase etc.:

Express Checkout must be integrated on your website as per the Website Payments Pro terms and conditions. Once you have integrated the service your fees will reduce again.

Express Checkout is the flow buyers experience when they checkout with PayPal. The experience is described below:

• Once the buyer is ready to checkout, buyer finds the familiar

'Checkout with PayPal' button

• Buyer clicks on the button and is then transferred to PayPal site to

login

• Buyer logs in securely to review their payment, shipping and contact

information

• Buyer continues and is returned to your site to approve the order

The process is quick and easy for buyers as they have all their information already stored in PayPal. They don't need to re-enter their information every time they shop.

The flow works seamlessly with your site as orders are confirmed on your site. You decide when to charge the buyer, and you can present any pre- or post-sales messaging to your customers the way you want it. There is also no need for separate reconciliation.

Thanks in advance

Sachie