BLUEHOST SUCKS!

Once again, my domain is totally down. I contacted support by e-mail which responding about 20 minutes later saying there is nothing wrong with the server so check my end.

Over 2 hours now and my domain is still totally down. No more responses from support (If you can call it that from them!) ... Obviously my connection is fine since I can go onto a few different forums and bash that butt-holes and their extremely poor customer service. :D

Guest Brivtech

Sorry to hear about your problems with Bluehost. I have 6 domains with them and don't have problems I can't fix with a phone call to support. Give them a call (888) 401-4678. It's the fastest way.

Email support can take a couple of days at worst (Unless like some of the payment gateway companies they are not interested in responding, so don't bother!), and they usually work on limited information, and are highly scripted. Telephone support is always better, and you can usually get an answer to your problem then and there. if your host is in a different country, and you need to dial overseas to contact them, consider using a Voice Over IP (VOIP) product like Skype. It'll only cost you a few pennies, and get a good result.

This is typical of most of the larger domain and hosting providers. They lack the personal touch, although generally provide good tools.

Well the problem found was that my IP address suddenly was blocked by the server firewall. The only thing I was doing at the time was using the image manager function of CubeCart 3 for about 5 minutes or so...then suddenly the door slammed shut on me.

I will take Robans and Brivtechs advice and just use the phone method for now on since Bluehost's e-mail tech response time and accuracy is very bad. At leat on the phone I can make sure they understand what the problem I am having is.

:D