New {SESSION} var?

Guest TrueCHoJiN

Guest TrueCHoJiN

I would like to move the {SESSION} var from ../global/index.tpl to ../boxes/categories.tpl, is it possible???

I tried adding the code:

include("includes/boxes/session.inc.php");

$body->assign("SESSION",$box_content);

from index.php to categories.inc.php, but I get the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\millerdavis\includes\boxes\categories.inc.php on line 62

I'm sure it's not exatly right, but I have to be close. ;)

I'm thinking something in this area needs to be changed:

$body->assign("SESSION",$box_content);

to somethin like..??

$box_content->assign("SESSION",$?????_html);

Hi, I had seen this yesterday, but no time to reply as you are not quite on the right track. If everyone who wants me to respond to their post sends a PM, I'll have so many PM's I may not care to visit the forums ;):D

I can add sessions into a category menu by editing skin files, and no need to get into the core files . . .

But if I wanted to do this, I would move the code from session.inc.php to categories.inc.php and have it parsed in boxes/categories.tpl

Guest TrueCHoJiN

If everyone who wants me to respond to their post sends a PM, I'll have so many PM's I may not care to visit the forums :):D

Sorry 'bout that :rolleyes: got overly anxious, and I DO appreciate the help :D

I've copied the code from boxes/session.inc.php:

if($ccUserData[0]['customer_id']>0){

$box_content->assign("LANG_WELCOME_BACK",$lang['front']['boxes']['welcome_back']);

$box_content->assign("TXT_USERNAME",$ccUserData[0]['firstName']." ".$ccUserData[0]['lastName']);

$box_content->assign("LANG_LOGOUT",$lang['front']['boxes']['logout']);

$box_content->assign("LANG_YOUR_ACCOUNT",$lang['front']['boxes']['your_account']);

$box_content->parse("session.session_true");

} else {

$box_content->assign("LANG_WELCOME_GUEST",$lang['front']['boxes']['welcome_guest']);

$box_content->assign("VAL_SELF",base64_encode(currentPage()));

$box_content->assign("LANG_LOGIN",$lang['front']['boxes']['login']);

$box_content->assign("LANG_REGISTER",$lang['front']['boxes']['register']);

$box_content->parse("session.session_false");

}

to boxes/categories.inc.php:

Yet I'm still trying to place {SESSION} inside categories.tpl and/or place the entire code from session.tpl into categories.tpl. After that and moving the include code, neither produce anything remarkable :D

The whole deal of just making some new LANG assignments shouldn't be a big deal, it is just the TRUE and FALSE feature of the session.tpl file that I'm trying to keep is what's tripping me up. That is why I was just trying to move the {SESSION} var over, just trying to keep things simple and clean, while retaining session.tpl's functionality. But now I see you can't just move it over because the main var's are different from the box var's? So I guess I still don't know why when I moved the code (minus the "new" & "parse") from session.inc.php to categories.inc.php, it still wouldn't work?

SIDE NOTE: (I'm using CC 3.0.11)

includes/session.inc.php - (inside the file it says):

| session.php

| ========================================

| Core Session Management

includes/boxes/session.inc.php - (inside the file it says):

| session.inc.php

| ========================================

| Session Links & Welcome Text

Is the first one a typo, or a wrongly named file?