Ioncube Loader Stopped Working Overnight - Shop Unaccessible

Guest wonderworks

Guest wonderworks

Yesterday evening my shop was running fine, as it has been the last months.

But this morning I was greeted with this message:

Site error: the file /home/flapjack/domains/flapjack.nl/public_html/shop/index_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Nothing has been changed an all ioncube files are where they should be.

Please help, support is offline till mondaymorning :P

EDIT ******** - Switched to zendencoding in global and everything is working again. Still no clue whu ioncube flaked out

Guest wonderworks

All I can offer is it could have been a server upgrade. Clueless otherwise.

Yes you are right.

A minute after I solved it myself by switching to zendencoding I got a reply from my webhost that they had upgraded my php and forgot to enable ioncube in php.ini, they fixed that so now I can use both.

• 1 month later...
Guest JodieR

I've tried ALL these things... and still have had no luck... I'm so devastated that my site has been down for over 24hrs now... words can't describe!

I'm with godaddy hosting, and i can't find anything on there site which even says anything about their upgrade, no solutions.

Although it does say that my hosting is compatible with Zend... but not to use with PHP5.2 be it might not work etc. So... what the blazes do I do. I will submit a support request through to the host... but in the mean time... The stress and loss of sales builds.

I did try changing the global.inc file to zend... but that didn't appear to do anything. Not sure if my zend file is right?

I also tried my hand at creating a php.ini file..... but not sure I did that right????

I created a php.ini.php file and in it, it only has the ?>[tag] zend_extension = /jodiear/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so [/end tag] (sorry i'm too tired to double check... it's the standard tag.

http://www.alluringfashions.com

Site error: the file /home/content/j/o/d/jodiear/html/index_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

this tells me what to do... which I have attempted:

http://www.alluringfashions.com/ioncube/io...ader-helper.php

and I've tried every variation of the same you can think of.

I just wunna cry! But I know that's not going to solve anything......... I feel so lost!

btw from what I can gather my site went down around 6am Aussie time yesterday.

any advice would be so greatly appreciated...

Guest JodieR

this is what is says about zend (from my host):

Using Zend Optimizerâ„¢

Print this Article

Comment on this Article

Last Updated: February 19, 2007 9:17 AM

Product Support

Tell us what you think!

Email*:

Reason*:

Suggestion*:

Hide

Zend Optimizerâ„¢ is a free application that runs the files encoded by the Zend Guard, while enhancing the performance of PHP applications.

Zend Optimizer is installed on all Linux Shared Hosting accounts for PHP4. Customers can upload newer versions of Zend Optimizer (and other PHP modules) and reference the path to their files.

CAUTION: This will not work with PHP5. If you attempt to use the installed version of Zend Optimizer with PHP5, it will cause problems.

If you want to use your own php.ini and Zend Optimizer, add the following to your php.ini:

[Zend]

zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15

zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.5.7

zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2.5.7

zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so

zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

mind you that was updated a year ago???

It has no mention ioncube on the help site... but that is what I've been using????

Guest JodieR

i created a php.ini file that fixed this, i got some good assistance from the ioncube forum too.

I didn't realise that a php.ini file was suppose to be a text file (and not a php file) Could have saved myself a lot of pain and anguish. Some things are so simple sometimes... yet it took me a while to figure it out *insert embarrassed emoticon*

Guest johnnyN

I also have this problem as godaddy have done something to the shared server i am on.

I am on version 4 of cubecart so I first tried support at cubecart. they tried a few things

like enable zend (which godaddy does not support) and they left it enabled

they deleted all the other loader files to make sure that was not the problem, unfortunately they also deleted the helper file which I had to upload again.

they did not mention my php.ini file and

then they gave up and said it is godaddys fault.

what I did find out is that you need to make a php.ini file but if you use php 5 then you should name it php5.ini

then add the zend_extension line to that file (see above).

if you want to check that you php5.ini file is working run phpinfo.php from the root

there is a line that tells you what configuration file is being loaded, it also has the path

unfortunately just renaming the php.ini to php5.ini did not work for me.

when I run the ioncube-loader-helper.php file to test it, the ioncube loader is found correctly, which to me means that the php5.ini file seems to be doing it's job, but the message from the helper is that

"Run-time loading is not currently possible."

why? what is the error?

the purpose of the runtime loader is for instances when you don't have full access to the hosts server, so why does this not work.

this had me stumped, it also had cubecart support stumped.

as a stab in the dark I deleted the loader file ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

i downloaded it again from ioncube's website and uploaded it.

that fixed it

so now it is all fixed.

I do have some other complaints about cubecart support, but I think it is clear that they don't go the extra mile.

having said that, their support is much better than any other I have used for online software (which is that they reply to support questions and try to help - to me this is standard support but these days it is comparitively exceptional).

^THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have been struggling with this issue the better part of the day. I had a php5.ini and I used the instructions in the ioncube-loader-helper.php but had just zend_extension = user/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so in the php5.ini as they suggested.

As soon as I changed it to zend_extension = /home/content/t/e/r/terralucida/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so The ioncube loaders were found and the store worked again!

I too use GoDaddy. I am glad they upgraded to php5.2, but I am not yet ready to do an upgrade to the latest version of Cubecart so I really needed the store to function right away and this fixed it.

I will toast to all of your healths this St. Paddy's eve!!!

Ahhh...I worked on a GoDaddy site for a while and never found about the php5.ini. I tried php.ini and a few other things. Thanks for the tip. Even we in support learn some things from time to time. ;)

:dizzy:

Guest Brivtech

Ahhh...I worked on a GoDaddy site for a while and never found about the php5.ini. I tried php.ini and a few other things. Thanks for the tip. Even we in support learn some things from time to time. ;)

:dizzy:

Indeed, they are in the process of rolling out upgrades to all their hosting accounts at the moment (about time to), which are affecting their control panel, as well as certain features of their hosting. Everything can be made to work, but it all requires some tweaking, which unfortunately, they are economical on providing specific information for.