Urgent! Price calculation problem

KSD_Nico

Hey guys,

I am facing a very strange pricing problem after I updated the shop to 5.2.10, prices are not added up correctly.

For example:

1x Product 72.99 €

sub-total 72.00 €

Shippin costs 9.76 €

total 82.00 €

I tried different browsers and IPs just to find out, that this only problem only occurs when the browser cache is deleted or a customer visits my shop and buys something for the first time. I placed a 2nd test order after I got the wrong pricing and suddenly everything is fine again...

As a side note, I made a back-up before upgrading and also tried to get my credit card processing running. For that I had to change my default shop currency to USD instead of EUR, and had to adapt prices accordingly. The cc processing failed due to other problems, I changed shop currency back to EUR and also changed prices back to EUR again. Not sure if this might be related to the above mentioned problem...

Looking forward to receiving helpful advices on how to fix this issue!

Thanks in advance

Nico

Edit:

The SQL protocol looks fine but the shop system still shows me the wrong numbers...

'total_price_each' => '39.92'
'tax_each' => false
'weight' => '0,200'
'discount' => '0,00'
'subtotal' => '39,92'           (but the subtotal in the shop system says 39.00)
'total_tax' => '0,00'
'total' => '49,68'                 (but the total in the shop system says 49.00)
'shipping' =>
'offset' => 1
'name' => 'Express Versand (2-4 Arbeitstage)'
'value' => '9.76'
'tax_id' => 2
'min_shipping_set' => true

Once a customer has a 'session', and CubeCart determines the correct currency for that customer, CubeCart remembers that currency for that customer. Until then, CubeCart uses the default currency.

In the edit above, it looks like you copied from the Debug list. In that list, in the SESSION, __client area, note the currency being used.

It is strange that the difference seems to be the loss of the decimal portion of the value.

When you changed the default currency, did you also visit the Currencies admin page and set the new default currency's exchange rate to 1.0000?

My point was that CubeCart does not 'lose' (intentionally) the decimal part of a value.

When you changed the default currency, did you also visit the Currencies admin page and set the new default currency's exchange rate to 1.0000?

When I first changed the default currency due to cc processing, I of course changed the exchange rate... After I found out that the cc processing won`t work I reverted all changes. Right now, it's all the very same settings as before, before I tried cc processing or even updated to 5.2.10.

Right now I am very disappointed with this shop system... every update seems to make things worse for me, from this calculation error to blank screens for customers who dont use default shop language etc etc. I thought I purchased an easy-to-handle system, but with that many errors and without deeper IT knowledge, I wonder how the average shop owner handles his business... after all they are merchants and not IT experts.

If you are still willing to check on this issue, feel free to do so, but I most probably gonna change to another shop system anyway... I want to concentrate on doing business and taking care of my customers instead of of looking for bug fixes as a paying beta tester.