CubeCart unregistered purchasing options?

cruspeed

I'm deciding between 2 different eCommerce carts and have a few questions before I decide.  Does CC allow unregistered sales?  If I use the PayPal payment gateweay, will PayPal show me what was ordered if an unregistered customer makes a purchase and pays with paypal?  I don't want to set up a paypal "buy it now" site because all my items are unique and I want to reflect that in the item descriptions easily

I'm trying to reduce the number of steps a customer has to take before the purchase is made.  I'm selling my hand blown glass and trying to get away from the big online auction sites.

Thank you.

Hi! Thanks for your post and questions...

Does CC allow unregistered sales?

Yes it does indeed. Registration is optional on checkout. 

If I use the PayPal payment gateweay, will PayPal show me what was ordered if an unregistered customer makes a purchase and pays with paypal?

Yes if you enable Express Checkout it will do this. You'll also get a PayPal button on the basket page so they can literally login with PayPal and click "Make Payment" and all is done so its very swift. 

I don't want to set up a paypal "buy it now" site because all my items are unique and I want to reflect that in the item descriptions easily

Please to hear that because CubeCart doesn't support buy now buttons. Instead it builds your products and categories for you to build a catalog and managed this all for you with "add to basket" buttons. 

I'm trying to reduce the number of steps a customer has to take before the purchase is made.  I'm selling my hand blown glass and trying to get away from the big online auction sites.

With express checkout the process is really quick. They add to basket, click PayPal, login then click "Make Payment" on the confirmation page.  

Please do reply back if you have any further questions or email [email protected]

Thank you for the thorough reply!  I have installed the free version of CC v5 for the time being to give it a trial run.  I purchased v2 years ago and it worked well, nice to see it has a lot of new features while the price has remained very competitive.