PayPal Pro - can't get customer's Optional account creation t

Dirty Butter

I contacted PP, and they say everything on their end is set up correctly for allowing the customer to pay on PayPal with a credit/debit card without having to open a PP account.

Guest checkout needs to be enabled both on our end, and for your web host. Please contact your web developer to ensure that these settings are enabled on your website's end.

At the time I contacted PP I did not have ghost customers on CC enabled, but I have tested the checkout process with it enabled, and I still can't get Guest Checkout ON PP to work.

I am using the Blueprint skin on our plushcatalog site with CC 5.2.13.

I have tried it with commented out Guest Checkout choice, and with type as hidden in content.checkout.simple.php and content.checkout.progressive.php, and I have also tried it with Guest Checkout as a visible choice. None of these works correctly on PP.

By way of testing, I also tried allowing guest checkout  with PayPal Pro plugin on our v5.2.12 Kurouto skin estates site. The Option to pay on PP without creating an account is not available there, either.

Is there some other place I may have disabled guest checkout on CC that I have forgotten about? Has anyone else experienced this?