carey

Hoping you can help! I changed the user "title" (i.e. Mr, Mrs, etc..) to accomadate me better. I renamed that spot "home room teacher" in the text only and made it a required field. is there any way I can add that (user_title) on the email template that comes to me every time I get notified of an order?

this is what my template looks like:

{$DATA.first_name} {$DATA.last_name}  {if !empty({$BILLING.company_name})}({$BILLING.company_name}){/if} just placed order number {$DATA.cart_order_id} on {$DATA.order_date}.

This order can be managed online by following the link below.

{$DATA.link}

I was hoping for something like:

{$DATA.first_name} {$DATA.last_name}  {if !empty({$BILLING.company_name})}({$BILLING.company_name}){/if} just placed order number {$DATA.cart_order_id} on {$DATA.order_date}.

Home room teacher name - (macros code for 'user_title')

This order can be managed online by following the link below.

{$DATA.link}

does anyone know how to do this?

"I changed the user "title" (i.e. Mr, Mrs, etc..)."

We would need to exactly what, where, and how you changed this.

If what you changed did not affect the database column name where this information is recorded, then I think the macro you may want to use is {$DATA.title}.

the only thing i changed was the text (title to 'homeroom teacher', the code stayed the same)

i tried '{$DATA.user_title}'

and it didnt work

I'll try {$DATA.title}

just to clarify...

http://www.heritagespiritwear.com/mystore/

any product - then checkout - the first field is 'home room teacher title' (which is mandatory)

I was trying to get that field to show up on the admin receipt so I could see which order goes to what home room.

If {$DATA.title} isn't precisely what you want, then use {$DATA.title_d} which is the title of the person who is to receive the delivery at the delivery point -- as opposed to the address where the billing invoice is to be sent.

This works if the "customer" has made separate billing and delivery addresses for the order.

{$DATA.title}

worked perfectly for me because there is no individual shipping (we ship all orders to one school, just needed the home room teacher to sort it out). for someone else they might need that. thank you again so much!!!