Custom Field for Item Email Address

Guest cucciajm

Guest cucciajm

Hello,

Before I venture off into the third party forum, I wanted to check whether this was an existing feature or possibility under the hood.

Our installation of CubeCart is used as a school store. Various school groups and teams have items their students need listed in the store (like football equipment, club fees, etc).

There's one manager in charge of the store, listing items and forwarding receipts to those who are affected by a purchase (i.e. to a club moderator to confirm a student who has paid the club fees).

My question is, is there a custom field or a way we can associate an email address with an item, such that if that item is purchased a copy of the receipt (no matter what other items the person buys) is additionally sent to that address connected with the item?

Use of cubecart has been so successful that the volume has really gone up, so we're looking for some ways to save time and make things efficient based on how we use it.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

JMC

I see two approaches off the top of my head: Affiliate Trackers, and Manufacturers. I have no idea how Affiliate Trackers work. Affiliate Trackers are module-based, so if the concept is amenable to a "per-product" analysis, a custom module could be built.

With Manufacturers, each product has a company assigned to it. When an order is made, a "hook" can be used so that when CubeCart iterates through the inventory (such as updating stock levels or aggregating digital download links), an email can be sent to each respective product's 'manufacturer'.

Same as above, except with using Chuggy's "Additional Product Fields" (always a nice mod to have - google for it).