USPS V4 Issues - HELP!

Dirty Butter

I'm on 5.2.13 on our plushcatalog store.

Another issue with the new USPS API has just surfaced for us. Most of our toys ship in padded envelopes, but they should go as First Class Parcels. They tend to be "lumpy". But we just had an order for a doll that was incorrectly processed as a Large Envelope, because there is no way in CC to show that it does not qualify as an envelope. See this link to the USPS section that should be in CC, but is not:

http://postcalc.usps.com/LargeEnvelopeProperties.aspx?m=2&p=0&o=10&dz=15022&oz=35178&pob=0&MailingDate=10/1/2014&MailingTime=8:00%20AM&rgt=0&live=0&dop=0&hzm=0

Relevant section of Request Log - note both have CLASSID="0"

<Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Parcel</MailService><Rate>3.76</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Large Envelope</MailService><Rate>3.08</Rate></Postage>

I have unchecked Machinable, just in case that will fix it.

I've had time to double check my settings, and making our packages NON Machinable in the Shipping Module does effectively eliminate the First-Class Mail Large Envelope choice for our customers.

I did change the module.definitions.xml setting from First Class to

<string name="service_first"><![CDATA[First-Class Mail Package]]></string>

That way the customer sees accurate shipping terminology.

Hope that helps someone else. If anything else needs to be done, I look forward to your advice.