[Resolved] SSL Issues

lefrog

Hi all

I have a fresh install of CC5 installed on a server with 123-reg and have purchased my own SSL certificate, however I when I enable SSL in the admin panel I am unable to login or register and chrome state that "this web page has a redirect loop". I had a look around the forum, but nothing I could find seems to work.

The certificate was installed by their support, who have added a new A record to point the www subdomain to another IP and told me that just entering "/" into the SSL root path should suffice. I've tried all sorts of URL's in the admin panel to try and get the SSL enabled but keep ending up with same result. I've also cleared all cookies and tried with two other browsers (IE and FF) but still have the same issue.

Can anyone help me out please or point me in the direction of a possible fix? I stupidly said to the wife I'd have the site live by Sunday night... lol

Hi

Unfortunately 123-reg dont know (and probably dont really care too much) how CubeCart works. You have a mismatch somewhere between what CubeCart is doing when switching from secure to non secure pages (your CubeCart settings) and whatever 123-reg have done either via the A records or maybe what is in the .htaccess file. Settings are conflicting and it is looping because of that

Ian

Hi Ian

Many thanks for your reply. 

I've asked them to check the settings their end are correct again. Not sure if my .htaccess file is correct but have added below - 

## File Security

<FilesMatch ".(htaccess)$">

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from all

</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(.[a-z]+)?(?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]

######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico

RewriteRule ^(.*).html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]

</IfModule>