Jump to content

Bill in Kansas City

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. If it works, don't fix it, right? Some general info you might find useful: Windows servers don't use .htaccess. Instead, all meta data regarding your site's behavior (including URL rewrites/redirects) are contained in web.config (as you've already noted.) The syntax is similar: a rule written for .htaccess can be used in web.config by just plugging in the values in the right spots, e.g. RewriteRule ^$ /index.php [L,R=301] equals <rule name="home"> <match url="^$" /> <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false" /> <action type
  2. HEY Stevebo - wanted to post, let you know I see your question. I'll answer in full when I'm not putting out a fire for a client. - Bill in KCMO
  3. I'm on a Windows server, so it uses IIS' URLRewrite module. Adding in the two rewrite conditions fixed the issue. I went through the products and made sure that ".html" is present on all of them, and that is now the default setting. For those who might need it, the rule looks like this: <rule name="generic rewrite" enabled="true" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^(.*?)$" /> <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false"> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsF
  4. The change completely breaks the website, because if I put that rule in, the link to EVERYTHING else - stylesheets, javascript, images - stops working. My regex-fu isn't great enough to create a rule that works around THAT, and the "add html" doesn't appear to work either (unless that's only for new products.) ...and as long as we're here, the category links have stopped working as well. Time for a different cart, I guess. This is wayyy too much trouble.
  5. CubeCart 6.4.2, Windows 2016. CC is creating URLs that look like this: mysite.com/category and mysite.com/category/product I can't find anywhere that describes what my URL rewrite rules should be. What do I need to do to make those links work? I've got the rule for .HTML files, but I'm not getting URLs like that. I've got a really pissed off client. Thanks for any help.
  6. To be completely honest with all present, something I was doing was incorrect. With some help and inspiration from bsmithers I was able to get the log file created to trace program flow, even confirmed that the method I was using before would have worked. I don't know exactly what my mistake was, but it's all on me. Can we just forget this thread ever happend? p.s. Although I should have been able to create PHP errors and never did. I've still got no explanation for that.
  7. CubeCart 6 Debugging: on Caching: off Cloudflare cache: off Browser cache: off Web server: display all errors Since the documentation for writing plug-ins in lacking for anything much beyond "hello world", I've resorted to brute force, line-by-line tracing. I'm working through the visitor stats sample plugin, I'm trying to trace program flow. In every PHP file in the plug-in, I've tried: inserting an echo statement with the filename using echo to insert a script tag to log the filename to the console writing the filename to a log file in a writ
  8. Well, it was too good to be true. Changing the datatype may work on the Register page, but on the new customer checkout page it causes the email validation to fail because the success method doesn't understand the response. So we're back to adding the complete method in order to decrement the validation stack. Do the developers have anything to add? Surely I'm not the only person to encounter this issue? Is there a real fix for it?
  9. With more research, I was able to address this issue like so: $.ajax( $.extend( true, { mode: "abort", port: "validate" + element.name, dataType: "text", // << CHANGE THIS VALUE FROM json TO text data: data, context: validator.currentForm, success: function( response ) { ... In this way, the success method is called correctly. (NOTE: the complete method is no longer needed.)
  10. Yes, I mean ver. 1.19. Tried both in Chrome and Firefox, both updated to their latest versions. It is only after the complete method is added that the function works as it should. $.ajax( $.extend( true, { mode: "abort", port: "validate" + element.name, dataType: "json", data: data, context: validator.currentForm, /***** THIS LINE RIGHT HERE ****/ complete: function(response){if(typeof response.responseText != 'undefined'){validator.stopRequest( element, (response.responseText == 'true') )};}, /***** ^^^ THIS LINE RIGHT HERE ^^^^ ****/ success: function( response ) { var v
  11. Latest download, new install. When filling out the registration form, when clicking the "Register" button (or the "Secure Checkout" button, on page 2 of the checkout process), nothing happens. Nothing at all. In Developer Tools, there's no network activity, no errors or notices in the console. I input $("#registration_form").trigger('submit'); into the console, but the form doesn't submit I just get back a jQuery reference _.fn.init [form#registration_form, context: document, selector: "#registration_form"] which makes me wonder if there's some jQuery override happening o
  • Create New...