How to test Paypal

Guest toppair

Guest jtripp

This was an easy one...

Simply select to make payment without a paypal account, follow all of the payment instructions, then simply use another e-mail address that you have on file.

Jonathan

Do you need to test a PayPal account or test your Cart for PayPal?... if you want to test transactions through your cart, you can use PayPal's Sandbox.

https://developer.paypal.com/

i just created an account at paypal developer but not quite know how to test it. Could you please help me out?

Appreciate a lot.

Guest netgroup

Hi,

1. Login to your sandbox area.

2. Create a 'test account' using any email address. (I believe it can be ANY email address because it doesn't send/require a confirmation to be sent to it.

3. Then once you've created the account, go to your Gateways in cubecart. Ensure you have the Paypal Test Account set to YES. (This simply changes the url that cubecart refers you to on paypal).

3b. Ensure you have IPN enabled and the IPN url return address for your cubecart specified in your paypal merchant account. (The return url is listed on the Gateways page in cubecart)

It will probably be something like:

www.yourdomain.com/cubecart/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

4. Create a test product worth 0.01 (it must be worth something...0.00 will not work).

Tip: if you place some money in your paypal account, you will avoid cc fees and once you're done testing you can refund the fees to yourself, meaning no charges whatsoever for testing. :-)

5. Go to your shopping cart front end. Select the test product.

6. Select paypal as your payment method.

7. At the paypal page, enter the test account email address and password that you created at point 2 above.

8. Complete the order process in paypal.

9. Click on the CONTINUE button at the end of the paypal process. This should

a: bring you to the confirmed page on your site

b: lower your stock levels (if you are using them)

c: move your order from pending to processing

d: send the customer a confirmation email from your cubecart

Hope this helps.

netgroup

Hi,

1. Login to your sandbox area.

2. Create a 'test account' using any email address. (I believe it can be ANY email address because it doesn't send/require a confirmation to be sent to it.

3. Then once you've created the account, go to your Gateways in cubecart. Ensure you have the Paypal Test Account set to YES. (This simply changes the url that cubecart refers you to on paypal).

3b. Ensure you have IPN enabled and the IPN url return address for your cubecart specified in your paypal merchant account. (The return url is listed on the Gateways page in cubecart)

It will probably be something like:

www.yourdomain.com/cubecart/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

4. Create a test product worth 0.01 (it must be worth something...0.00 will not work).

Tip: if you place some money in your paypal account, you will avoid cc fees and once you're done testing you can refund the fees to yourself, meaning no charges whatsoever for testing. :-)

5. Go to your shopping cart front end. Select the test product.

6. Select paypal as your payment method.

7. At the paypal page, enter the test account email address and password that you created at point 2 above.

8. Complete the order process in paypal.

b: lower your stock levels (if you are using them)

c: move your order from pending to processing

d: send the customer a confirmation email from your cubecart

Hope this helps.

netgroup

very details netgroup :wacko:

When i click Pay, it brought me to the paypal status, so that mean my paypal's working properly? I've seen some store has the comfirm order but don't know where/how to make it.

2nd question: How does palpay pay us? they're gonna send us the check or we have to give them our bank account?

in my main paypal, it says status: unverified ??

i've learned something new from this forum.

thanks all

Guest netgroup

Hi,

you don't need to set up any confirmation page....(except if you want to customise it to your particular wording). Look in the language files for this.

My understanding is: Paypal don't exactly 'pay you'.

What you have to do is add a bank account (one of yours) to your paypal account. They will then lodge a couple of small amounts into your account with code numbers.....you then see these code numbers on your bank statement....go back to paypal and verify your bank account by confirming what those numbers are.

Then as your paypal account gathers money....you simply transfer it to your verified bank account. :-)

Don't take all of this as 'gospel' and accurate....its l'il ol me telling you after all...not paypal.

You probably would be best reading up on all of the docs and extensive help files on paypal to see exactly how paypal works. ;-) I'm sure you'll have a lot more question re that end of things that would be best investigated on the paypal site.

netgroup

• 1 month later...

Don't I have to tell Paypal what the "Confirmed" page url is?

What do I tell paypal?

The PayPal issue and what page to direct PayPal to in the Auto Return is supposed to be all fixed in 3.0.3 which is due out in less than 24 hours now.

Rather than go to the hassle of the sandbox account, I simply used my other PP account to buy a product on my site for a penny ($0.01). PayPal keeps the penny, but it's a cheap way to test.

As for how they deal with money, they have an account for you online. They will hold your money there until you request that it be transferred into your bank account. I just use them as if they were an additional bank account. I usually have anywhere from $500-$5000 in my online account. I earn 3.3% interest on that money and 1.5% back on all purchases with my PayPal Debit Card. That's better than my bank gives me on my checking account, so why not. ;) Over the years, I've moved $70,000+ through PayPal with never once a problem.

The PayPal issue and what page to direct PayPal to in the Auto Return is supposed to be all fixed in 3.0.3 which is due out in less than 24 hours now.

I did not know that. I will not sweat this problem until the upgrade then. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fuchsiashock

I've just tried these methods but cant get paypal to allow me to test.

I went through sandbox stuff and set it all up but on 'paying' through the cart, i have to enter a credit card then couldnt do that cos its already in use on my actual paypal account.

Then I couldnt log in with my sandbox email test paypal account id just created (unavailable at this time) and other things so been going round and round....

Shall I just leave it and assume it works? Its for digital downloading....

Guest estelle

With sandbox you can create as many test accounts as you want. None of them exist outside of sandbox. So you need to create a new account with a different credit card number. Surely you have two credit cards? :D

Or perhaps you use the account with the credit card number to make the payment, and setup a new test account (with no cc number) for simply receiving the funds (and you'd have to change your PayPal setting in CubeCart).

If you have trouble with sandbox, just use the live PayPal and create test products worth 1 cent, and enable free shipping.

Guest MASsIVE

If a payment comes back as "Completed" how can I set all downloads to precoessing but no download link is available till I set the processign to Completed in the orders section... any ideas guys?