Order Products

Guest suss

Hi,

I hope someone can tell me how I can get my products set in alphabethical order.

I want them to go from A-Z not after when I set them up.

Thanks!

You can do this easily from PHPMyAdmin.  Go into your CC database and open cubecart inventory.  Next, check all boxes and then click on 'Browse'  Next, click on the 'name' value and it will automatically sort.

Thanks for your help but I want the products under each category to be in alphabetical order. I tried to do as you told me but it only put them in A-Z in the database not in admin or in the shop.

I've got a mod written now that lets users put their categories in any order they choose, I've had a request or two to write an additional mod to arrange products in any order.

My idea is to let admin select: Alphabetical, by Price, by Item Number and Custom. The first 3 would of course be ascending or descending.

Any thoughts on letting users select their own sort methods? Nearly all the big shopping sites do this.

Ok, I was bored tonight so I wrote this part too. My new and improved mod will let you:

• Sort your products by Price, Name or ItemID either Ascending or Descending
  • Specify the specific order you want all your categories and sub-categories listed.

I just have to finish the language settings, but so far it's working like a charm. I even used CC3's built-in config settings functions to store the new sort preferences. All in all, there are very few changes needed to incorporate this mod. One database change, a new file and a few modified files. Very easy indeed.

I'll want this addition tested. I know my current tester is up for it, but I'd like a couple more who will indeed get the full mod at no charge to use indefinitely.

Well, right now, I'm making the files available to people one at a time for testing. I'm undecided as to whether to make this mod free or charge a small fee for it. My initial thought was $10 for people with registered versions of CubeCart and $20 for those who have NOT paid brooky/Devellion for registration.

So far the testers love it and have found no problems. I'm still working on an install script or instructions. But as simple as it really is, I can't imagine anybody would have problems unless they have other hacks or mods installed that change the same files I change.

Quick heads up for modders

when producing mods the easiest way is to include files you simply upload to server which is fine however...

with so many people using modded stores it is necessary to include install instructions in text format as well like

find this line 100

after add this

kinda setup for those with modded stores or you will be banged with emails

i installed your mod and now this doesnt work can you fix it

Guest spence

And please put the CubeCart Version number in big letters ... whether it's for CC2 or CC3 ... whether it's in the read me or in posts here.

And maybe some day soon brooky will create a forum for only CC3 mods :blink:

Thanks for replying, Sir William.

spence

if you check at the top of the posts beneath navagation bar its says

CubeCart Forums -> CubeCartâ„¢ Version 3 -> CubeCartâ„¢ General Support -> Order Products

Guest spence

Hello Evilhomer!

Actually, I was referring to if/when this hack is posted in the hacks forum ... which doesn't have a separate "CC3 Hacks" forum.

Or am I missing something?

Yeah Homer, I've already thought of that. To that end, I've commented my additions very well so they'll be easy to pick out if one so chooses or to insert from a text file. I've been programming for 23 years now total. I'm starting to get the hang of it. ;)

As I built this mod, I kept track of what files got changed and where. Due to the modularity of CC3, I was able to keep the modified file count to a minimum. The mod only edits 6 files and adds one additional. Some are simple one line additions or changes, but none are complex.

I guess I need to setup a new store to sell my mods. I have 2 or 3 more in mind already. Good thing I own my own server. :D

So far the testing has all come back perfect. I'm working on a store now to let users purchase their own copy. (CC3 based of course) I'll release the URL shortly. Then I'll have to gather up all the other handy scripts and applications I've written over the years and see what else is worth offering up.

Guest estelle

Is anyone concerned that modders may be making more money around here than brooky?? $10 - $20 just to be able to order their categories?? :w00t:

Nobody is making anything at the moment as I haven't sold anything yet. But the idea is to encourage people to pay for what they use when it benefits them. Just because you can use it for free does NOT mean you should not help out the creator by paying and registering your copy.

Before my main store goes live, it WILL be registered.

• 3 weeks later...

Id be all for buying the software once I get everything setup and know its going to work. I too could really use a way to sort my products. Im still in the test and figure out stage of my store so if I can get this mod, let me know.

I think donations would be nicer than fee only use. If it comes down to it, ill keep trying different programs until something works (ive tried oscommerce, hate it). So far this is nice but not being able to change their order is really kicking me in the ass at the moment.

The post looking for testers was nearly a month ago now. It's been tested thouroughly and works like a charm. It's already been through two upgrades since then. I have the mod for sale on my site, and all my customers have been very happy thus far.

But thanks for volunteering anyway. :(