Killer Skin Tabs Addon

roban

I wanted to add a hover feature to the category tabs and also when you click on tabs they would seem to magnify. I used a hover text in red but you can change to any color you like. Add this to the bottom of style.css:

}

.txtCat:hover {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

font-weight: normal;

color: #FF0000;

text-decoration: none;

}

You can see it work http://www.teeshirtmart.com

Rob, Interesting idea, but the red on the orange is hard to read. Also, you've got funky gaps around the links. It just doesn't mesh at all really. You've also got some problems on the ends of the category bar where the graphics don't quite fit together well. I've checked this both in IE and Firefox. Both exhibit the same inconsistencies.

I (temporarily) did the same type of thing on mine. You can see it here:

http://shop.teahousecandles.com/

Since I use an all-CSS layout, things move a bit more fluidly and fit together better (IMHO).

I may keep the shift to yellow (or some other color) on mine, but will NOT keep the text size change. I dont' feel that it fits well with my overall theme.

Oh, BTW, when you change a CSS style, you don't have to duplicate the existing style, just change the parts you want changed. You should just do this:

.txtCat {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

font-weight: bold;

color: #000000;

text-decoration: none;

}

.txtCat:hover {

font-size: 12px;

font-weight: normal;

color: #FF0000;

}

See how the only things stated are the things you changed? The txtCat:hover will inherit ALL settings from txtCat. So you only need to specify what you want to change.

While this is only a few lines, I'm from the old school where we designed EVERYTHING as if it would be viewed by people with 28.8k modems. Every character you save is one they don't have to download.

Just helpful food for thought. :)