Before I Upgrade

markscarts

The only real problem I'm having with CubeCart (shipping charges) hasn't been fixed yet (evidently will be with 3.0.3). I am assuming I still should upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 anyway?

Well, I have a few more silly questions, because I just don't want to assume anything else: 3.0.2 contains two readmes's for upgrading: "3.0.0 to 3.0.1" and "3.0.1 to 3.0.2"

Since I am going directly from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2, I would assume I should use the latter instructions, is this correct?

Anything else I should know about or be wary of?

Besides making my own skin which lives in its own folder, I have made few small changes to calc.php, index.php, lang.inc.php and orderForm.tpl.

Thanks,

Mark

This applies to both versions of cubecart 2 and 3

when upgrading you have to go thru everypart not jump,ship,miss or anything.

so for example to go from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2

u need to go from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 then to 3.0.2

The instructions included may already have the 3.0.1 insructions as well.

The safest and easiest way is do every upgrade as it comes out, there is a reason it was released which will benefit you in some way be it security issues or bug fixes. ;)

Well, Homey (I mean it in a good way ;) ), the reason I haven't done them as they come out is that I installed the cart through fantastico in cpanel, and 3.0.0 is what my provider has there :lol:

Seriously, I did not know whether I had to go through multiple upgrades, that's why I asked, so I really appreciate the info. I'm off to read the posts at Vrakas' link now, but before I go, I have to say the questions that come to mind now are, since I downloaded the 3.0.3 files (and yes, upgrade to 3.0.1 instructions are there), I am wondering do I have all the right files to upgrade first to 0.1 then to 0.2. Hopefully I'll find the answers at Vrakas' link.

Thanks again, guys :on2long: