Better SEO and Site Titles

kinetic

Guest sunshine

Ive updated the find replace code on the previous page for this hack for 3.0.3...

viewCat.inc.php bit...

Hi Kinetic,

I plan to reinstall Rukiman SEO mod. Do you have a suggested update to a particular code.

BTW I like your website..cool music too */*

rukimans mod is all inclusive

and my hack was just his jumping off point for his mod

follow his directions carefully that are included with his mod

and you should be ok

to those who dont get rukimans cool seo mod and want to use my hack

the code listed on the first page of this thread first post is for 3.0.3

Kinetic

Guest cntgifts

whats the difference in this and this one

Search engine friendly URLs with PHP session killer and Meta tags Mod for CubeCart 3

Version 4.1

should i install both of them or just one??////

The search engine friendly mod add page titles to the pages, metas per page and converts the urls. You won't be able to install both...it won't make sense to anyway.

Guest sunshine

Hi Kinetic,

I made the 4 changes for the SEO but my URL is still showing

act=viewProd&productId=1
;)

Should it still show like this?

Thank you

my hack does not make search engine friendly URLs it never claimed to what it does is change your title bar in the browser

if you want search engine friendly URLS then get rukimans search engine friendly URLS module

people should READ....

whats the URL to your shop sunshine?

and/or where is it messed up?

Ill take a look and see if I can determine where it went wrong

several others have used my hack with great success and NOT rukimans mod the 2 are incomaptible one or the other not both. as rukimans is an advanced module that does what my hack does and then some.

the hack is a pretty simple thing to put the category names into the title bar of the browser

Guest sunshine

Hi Kinetic,

It's modernblu.com. Your SEO installed fine, that was'nt the problem whatsoever. Long story short, a few days ago, I realized my webhost account also included info of other accounts. It has since been rectified but because I also noticed MySQL db had access assigned to an address that wasn't me, :) I deleted everything and re-installed with new passwords. So you may not find much there just yet. I need to reinstall my mods including your SEO. BTW I did the robor simulator test while your mod was installed and it pulled up my nav bar content :)

Guest virginia10thk

Hi kinetic

Does this work for 3.0.4 or does it need more tweaking?

Have done it for 3.0.3 and it's working beautifully.

Have changed my hosting and the fantastico script has installed version 3.0.4 of cubecart so would like to be able to do this for this site too.

• 10 months later...

The search engine friendly mod add page titles to the pages, metas per page and converts the urls. You won't be able to install both...it won't make sense to anyway.

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but....I have your SEO Mod and cannot get it to work. I am NOT upset at the small cost. I was just optimistic that I'd be able to have the Title Bar display exactly what I wanted and every page would have exactly the meta descriptions and meta keywords that I wanted. It ain't happening, as of today.

I did email you, too, and because of the time differential, I have no doubt you'll respond, as soon as you get the email.

• 2 years later...
Guest seogray

As we all know today one of the most important things for better search engine friendliness and searching is unique site titles. Google experts tell us a unique page identifier such as a unique and descriptive page title will help immensly in getting better search results. CubeCart3 is lacking in this It DOES have a Site Tile option in Admin and a meta description and meta keywords field in admin but this is reallyonly for the home page. when viewing a product CC3 DOES swap out the meta description however this is only half the deal we need. In CC2.0.7 there was an excellent SEO Fix mod that gave site owners the ability to set the meta keywords and meta description for EACH PRODUCT absolutely lovely mod wish I could remember who made it...

but it still did not address titles in the title bar and specifically did not address Site document titles and for some of us this IS the other half of our stores and without unique page titles for these site docs google will have a time cacheing them if at all and users will not have a unique identifier when they BOOK MARK the site doc.

My client at http://www.usahaircare.com wanted their site docs to get the same treatment that categorys and product pages were getting Page Titles

I first tweaked the viewCatinc.php and viewProdinc.php located in includes/content/

to display the category and subcategory names as a page title as well upgraded the product page to not only display the Product title in the title bar but the immediate category it was in.

now for site docs...

once I was able to get my category sub category and product titles to display properly in the title bar I turned my attention to the forgotton step children called site docs.

IM happy to say that now any page you visit at http://www.usahaircare.com has a Unique and descriptive Page title which will go along way to making this site more search engine friendly.

Once I get my notes and edits together I WILL post the changes I made here for all to take advantage of.

this lack of actual SEO in CubeCart 3 is a slap in the face to all site owners or developers who have chosen to use Cube Cart 3 for without a search engine friendly website we will not get traffic and without traffic we cannot sell our products and if we cannot sell our products then CubeCart 3 is useless. dont get me wrong CubeCart 3 is a wonderful product and has had its share of growing pangs. but this is an area where llittle has been taken into account. :(

Hello kinetic

I am totally new to Cube cart i saw your site i liked it very much the way you make it SEO friendly.I also have a site built in cube cart.But didn't know how to add unique meta data to each page.From your post i get to know that it is done with the help of seo mod.Please tell what it this?My CC version is 3.0.17 can i use that seo feature,if yes then how?

I will highly appreciate your help.

Seogray

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itisme

SEOGRAY, RUKIMAN SELLS THE SEO MOD, I RECENTLY PUCHASED IT WITH INSTALLATION.

CURRENTLY WAITING FOR HIM TO UPLOAD.

FOR MORE INFO GOOGLE RUKISPOT.

WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK ONCE MY SEO IS UP AND RUNNING