Finally! Beadberry.com v1.0 Beta is up for testing

Guest estelle

Guest estelle

:angry: Finally got a beta version of my site up, ready for feedback and testing. Pleeease provide me with any pos/neg feedback you can. Just a few points i want to make:

- Its a *very* girlie site, and its meant to be, so any complaints about the pink colours will be ignored :D:(

- It just fits in 800 wide, although some product descriptions start to get a bit squished. I've tested it at both 800 wide and 1280 wide, and personally i think it works okay in both... which is hard for a site which takes up 100% of the browser width!

- I'm thinking of changing the "beadberry*com" text in top left corner to a different font.... but i was just trying to find something interesting/different and perhaps slightly feminine. Any opinions on this?

http://www.ehostone.net/~estelle

Estelle.

[edit: fixed link]

It seems pretty basic, which isn't always a bad thing.

The logo looks fine to me, as does the color and background in the header.

But the pictures tend to be slow loading, and I've got a pretty decent connection...

One thing, which I personally prefer... My screen is pretty big, and everything fits nicely on the full screen with no scrolling. BUT... the page footer is right in the middle of the page when viewing like this. I prefer to see a footer and the links in it, down at the bottom of the page, kind of out of my way when looking at the products. I wonder if there is any way you can move the footer to the bottom of the page in CC3...?

Guest estelle

Thanks booker! :angry:

Cool, yeah i know it the design is simple (even if it took me ages, argh), but hopefully i'm not the only one who thinks its nice and consistent with well matching colours...

I also noticed that the pictures are quite slow. My web server has a terrible connection speed. But, the uptime has been perfect, and considering i paid $27 for a full year of hosting, it actually works pretty darn well!! :D

Thanks for the tip about the footer. That's actually something that i've done on previous sites. I'm not sure how easy it can be done with CSS (without the problem of the footer sometimes overlapping the content), but i know it can be done easily with tables.

Ta! :(