Suggestions What CC needs to be better

Guest cntgifts

Guest sunshine

Hi Megagente,

Maybe you should post that under the suggestions for 3.0.3. from waht they say, it should be coming out anytime now.

Hi CNT Gifts,

Don't tell me you go it free :blink: With the text editor i've used it for html but we already know how long that takes. Plus, I got spoiled doing and seeing at the same time. So far, I've been reading up and playing with the Fireworks-it's cool-just press export and it goes staraight to Dreamweaver. Alos Dreamweaver has nice drag and drop. Now if I can only get the ideas in my head on paper, I'd be all set :wacko:

Guest megagente

yup Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 free of charge lol :wacko: ssssssshh :blink:

Dreamweaver 8? There was 3.0 and then 4.0 ultradev and maybe the MX is the 5th or 6th, wow!

I am looking for the following:

1. Minimum Subtotal of produts to buy.

2. Sorting products for the customers like in admin

3. The refresh before payment in the subtotal + tax + shipping section is not adding. Customers may click to CONTINUE without the proper values.

4. Maybe if possible and I know this is a hard one. Customer dont signup in the shopping cart. Take a look at this site:

ccgarmory.com they sale what I am going to sale and you dont need to register. I even resently received an order from them with printed receipt.

Problems I solved:

The customer confirmation email when signup first time.

Guest sunshine

CNTGifts, After the money I spent :innocent:

Megagente,

I notice how they indicate secure ordering on each product. Some members here are also looking for some of the adjustments you mention. I really want for the customers to have the option of registering. Pretty sure this is being worked on now for 3.03.

But, have you checked the Hacks/Mods section? I believe either Goober or Sir William has a sorting mod. Personally, I was waiting for 3.03 to come out before I did some major changes for fear of being caught in a script turmoil that I'm trying to udnerstand, but really can't wait much longer. Also, how did you configure a confirm email? Nice idea.

Guest megagente

1. The email confirmation hack is on the downloads, dont know exactly. If you are using many languages be careful, because you have to ovewrite the language file. You have add some lines to the file you need to modify. The script comes with some 6 files and one readme file.

2. About the product sorting did not work. I already have some product up and I was not able to sort them check:

http://www.megagente.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=17

as you can see these products are not sorting, but if you pay attention to the categories they are sorted

3. I use to have a store with Oscommerce from 7dana version on covalto.com in spanish, but I noticed I had like 80 visits a day and nobody was even registering. Someone from Estonia registered, but did not gave the complete real information. Thats the reason I find registering a customer a bad idea thanks to the experience I had before.

Guest sunshine

Hey Megagente,

Sound like I'll to wait on that email confirm. Do you you want sort alphabetically, is that it? I think everyone is just waiting for the 3.03 to come out. Including the modders. Once some of the kinks are out from 3.02 then they will have better footing for creating the mods; particulary because it will probably decrease the necessity for revision. Plus this xhtml/css validation is new to alot of people.

I see you didn't try the Friendly URL mod? Granted, I only have a test site now, but it reformats the URL making it more search friendly. Also I believe it improves security to some degree.

Guest megagente

I was talking to other members of the forum and there is a way to sort product by editing a file, but I was not able to sort the products yet. I am close to it.

Guest sunshine

yup  Macromedia Dreamweaver 8  free of charge  lol :)  ssssssshh :ninja:

Yeah Devellion had to pay £700 for Macromedia Studio 8.

But... it's fantastic!

B) Devellion Can Afford It :)

Guest megagente

the sort order is on the viewcat.inc.php file this is better when you upload products without alphabetical order at any moment and helps the customer to find what he or she needs.

E.g. To order product listings so that the most expensive item is shown at the top, modify the third (search listing), fourth (sale items listing) and fifth (all other prod listings) SQL SELECT queries in viewCat.inc.php. I.e. For the fifth SQL SELECT query:

$productListQuery = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId, productCode, quantity, description, image, price, name, popularity, sale_price, stock_level, useStockLevel FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId WHERE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId']) ." ORDER BY price DESC";

The last line shall be if you want by name:

".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId']) ." ORDER BY name ASC";

Thanks to estelle