Good website host company?

I'm looking for a new website hosting company. My current one (MIDPHASE) is really annoying me with going down at least once a week... Sometimes it's only for a few minutes but other times it might be for a good hour or two. Is this normal?

Another reason why I want to change would be just the fact then we you contact the customer service; you can never get an apology out of them. The best thing you'll get is a Please be patience...Aggravating.

Can anyone recommend a hosting company, which also has the features to support Cubecart of course. Thanks!

I host sites. but my prices are higher then most. But thats cuse you get 3x more with us.. but is you are small time there are alot of place you can go.. a good one is supremeservers.com ( resellers panel ) if you sign you to be a reseller you can get hosting for about 52.00 per year..

Hmmm... What I'm actually looking for is an answer from just a regular Cubecart user that actually doesnt have their own hosting services or get a referral bonus from one.

Guest hobbyofkings

Im with www.siteground.com I get no benifit from talking about them but I have found their service to be excellent. They respond to tickets usually within 5-10 minutes, Never been kept waiting (at least for an initial reply) more than about 12mins.

They guarantee their uptime but It is yet to be an issue.

I'm pretty happy with them

Guest OskMedia

hands down if you want good hosting BLUEHOST is best by FAR. Phone Support just the best I have ever used / needed i have had over 10 host through my day, just my 2 sense

Guest sunshine

Hi tim,

There' such a variety out there. It really depends on what it is your looking for besides of course, reliable hosting. I'm with HostingZoom now and love them! FAST, excellent pricing, good control over my account, cpanel, forum and 24hr cs. They also offer dedicated IP addressess if that is of matter to you. AND they come equipped with CubeCart on some packages :innocent: Though, think it might be the 3.0.0 version. I installed 3.0.2 as a straight upload. You can check their website out for the full details. They also do reseller accounts.

HostingZoom

I have my own servers and sell any kind of hosting solutions in US, but the do go down every so offten :innocent:

The best one i am using for a client of mine which is not my server but it is in the UK, the only problem it does not have any Fantastico etc packages on it and the CP is not so big and friendly.

If you want more info send me a PM and i will give you a contact email. B)

I own my own server and have it collocated in Chicago. I have unmetered dedicated bandwidth and of course 100% control. I can put anything I could ever want on it and change my mind on a whim. I realize it's a bit much for most people, but it works well for me. :innocent:

I guess you can say that the uptime is pretty decent as well . . .

12:06AM  up 560 days, 23:10, 1 user, load averages: 0.22, 0.32, 0.29

B)

I use hosting-unlimited based in the uk

they have 99.9% uptime

fantastico

and loads more

I host more than 20 sites thru them for my clients and have had one complaint so far plus you can get basic package for £22.95 a year!!! ($50/year)

which is what i use for the majority of my clients sites.

Wow thanks for all the responses so far. I suppose to I would like to control multiple domains through the webhost as well. I only have one now but planning on opening up another shortly. So multiple domain control, fast and reliable, customer service that doesn't treat their customers like dirt (ie. Midphase blah), plus CPANEL and of course support Cubecart (Up to date PHP, etc).

I'll be checking out those hosts you've all listed so far.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benlogan

WEll, this host caters for CubeCarters, and any other script. They install i for free as well.

SiteGround

all this below is $5 a month

Free Domain Name 

100 GB monthly traffic

5000 MB space

10 MySQL/Postgre DBs

CPanel & Fantastico

100 FREE subdomains

Auto responders

Forwarding

Web-based email

SPAM protection

1000 FREE email accounts

Shopping Cart

SSL Certificates

5 parked domains

Custom error page

Site traffic stats              

PHP, Perl, Python

CGI scripts

FrontPage ext

Traffic stats

Unlimited FTP access

I have Bluehost as my hosting company, and I think they are just okay as far as hosting companies go, but then maybe I expect to much for my $$. Page requests sometimes seem to hang forever, and lately there have been some real issues with the mySQL servers and log-in servers preventing me from doing any work on my site. They do have good customer service however, and any issues I've had have been resolved pretty quickly. So maybe a little better than okay, at $6.95/mo. for basic shared hosting.

Guest sheriff_bob

I've been with http://www.pro-net-hosting.com/ for about 3 years now and have never had any problem. They allow you to pay on a monthly basis, and they dont restrict things like email adresses or parked domains. Quick live service and always reall helpfull. And they are really good about just leaving you alone and letting you do your thing.

Heres is there hostsearch.com review

http://www.hostsearch.com/review/pro-net-h...gcom_review.asp

Guest megagente

I am using webhostingbuzz, it falls sometimes, but comes back quickly. I use multiple domains. covalto.com and megagente.com

I am using their cheapest plan $36 a year. They even have a server page status.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dantebuub

Contact me. 50 dlls a year with domian included. Control Panel X, add as many subdomains as you want. UNLIMITED EVERYTHING!!!! and I mean EVERYTHING!!!

:w00t:

50 dlls a year with domian included

I want a .com name can i get that?

UNLIMITED EVERYTHING!!!! and I mean EVERYTHING!!!

my site is currently 200 gig in size and my bandwidth is around 1000 gig/month can you handle that?

wots ur guarantee on uptime?

:lol:

Guest Dantebuub

I guarantee 99.9% uptime. No prob with size, .com no problem either, servers are physically located in Denver, Colorado, state of the art. The price is because my wife works as a Database Administrator, so she can host anything she wants for 40.00, I would just roll 10 bucks extra for us. Just give details and pymt, and you would recieve everything in 24 hrs max (2 - 3 hours normally). Since the account would be active, you do get 24 hrs techincal support via email or phone. Anything else you would like to know, just ask.

One key note: Size does not really matter, even thou you do have a pretty big thing going, obvioulsy hosting unlimited is a give and recieve, you would probably be 1 in 1000 to use more than 1GB, so it is really not a problem at all. So what about it? You Game?