My site, well, my daughter's

Guest Jon_Toner

Guest Jon_Toner

Our store isn't really meant as a money-maker.

My daughter (10) has a condition called RSD which is very painful and keeps her awake until 2 and 3 in the morning.

To keep her occupied, we had her do some craft projects. After months of this, we have BOXES of stuff which we intended to sell at a craft fair, but we decided to start a website as well.

We'd love a visit - she LIVES to see the hit counter go up. And if you'd like to sign her guestbook, well that's even cooler.

Very impressive software! I can't believe how easy running this will be.

Rosebudcrafts.com

One thing I would suggest, just to get you going, would be to make up a logo and replace it with the current cubecart logo. A rosebud would seem appropriate ;)

(Yes - changing the logo is allowed without purchasing a license. Removing the copyright information and Powered by information is not allowed without a license :) )

Your prices...............are WAY too cheap!

I'd double 'em.

:)

I'd like to congratulate you on having such a brave and talented daughter.

What a great idea, both to get her invloved with the crafts, which are top notch, and then to start a website to sell them!

I hope she does very very well with them, and wish her, and you, all the luck in the world.

She looks like a great kid!

;)

I'd like to offer you a possible header image for you to use, in line with bookers comment about replacing the default cc logo.

Just one suggestion.......

topHeader.jpg

If you like it and want to use it, just right click it, save it and upload it to her store into the skins\Killer\styleImages\backgrounds folder...keeping the same name.

Guest Jon_Toner

Wow! Thanks everyone for the encouraging words!

I intend to modify the look of the site at some point. For now, I went with something simple to get the site moving.

Booker: Thanks, I think I'll be usingTwisted's logo up for now. I can't wait to get a little time to really dig in there and come up with something cool.

Roban: Thank you so much!

Twisted: Thanks for the logo. I'll get it online soon. My daughter will absolutely LOVE IT!

As for the prices - absolutely they are cheap. We are pricing things to move, not for profit. She absolutely explodes with joy with every sale.

She is still making a little money, and that is fine - it keeps her up to her eyeballs in crafting supplies, and more importantly, allows us to get the stuff out of the house! I have boxes and boxes of her stuff.

Thanks again everyone!

Hi

Wot a brave girl and the prices are way to cheap

If you would like it I would like to donate my pink themed skin to ur little girl and sort out the logo area as its not showing correct with the search box at the moment. You can see the pink skin here if she would like it let me know and ill send it over via email (free of charge).

Keep on smiling ;)

Guest Jon_Toner

evilhomer: That would be wonderful! Thank you so much. You can email me at [email protected]. Please don't be offended if my daughter decides she wants to tweak things a bit. It seems I've unleashed a creative monster. :innocent:

ripon43: Very cool. Thanks for the link and your encouragement!

sunshine: Everyone certainly IS fantastic here. Thanks for your order! Go Sox!

Cute story behind her picture with the World Series trophy...

When the Red Sox brought the World Series trophy to every city and town in the state of Massachusetts (brilliant PR move, btw), we went. We got there 30 minutes early and the line was already out the building. Once the doors opened, there was another 45 minute wait.

Excited, she says to me, "Daddy, I wish they'd hurry, we've waited over an hour!"

I laughed and said, "Daddy's been waiting more than 30 years, and some folks have been waiting the whole 86."

Please don't be offended if my daughter decides she wants to tweak things a bit. It seems I've unleashed a creative monster.

:whistle: Look out guys we have new competition :on2long:

I will get the skin sent over asap and dont forget to let me know when she has finished modding her site so we can all take a look.

Guest cntgifts

thats cool

but nice people here

i think you really need to charge more

supplies can cost alot of money for stuff like that

anythign extra you could make can go to a savings account for college or something

Guest Jon_Toner

evilhomer: I've installed the skin. My daughter says, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" :)

cntgifts: Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, it is really more about just moving stuff out of my living room. :)

Guest cntgifts

yyeah but eventually that stuff will run out and you will need more :)

i would recommend removing the currency box if your only gonna have 1 currency

Guest tbladecki

I looked at your (daughters) site, it looks good and she is very talented. I wish her and your family the best.. If you ever need somthing and just acnt seem to make it work please dont hesitate to drop me an IM at [email protected] and i will be more than happy to to what ever I can.

I would put somthing on the site so that potential customers know what type of payment you accept, it will save them a little time, and by not having it mayu cause some to leave. Just a thought.

Good luck and best wishes from my family to yours :)

Guest Jon_Toner

cntgifts: Thanks for the tip. I removed the currency and languages box.

tbladecki: Thanks for the offer and advice. I've been learning how the system works. I just added a credit card icon at the bottom of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest megagente

Nice job, I am handicap too and I know how difficult is sometimes.

About the products, it will be a good idea to rise up the prices the double or even more.

I noticed some of the product images are blurry and others are too dark. Ok a tip, if you took the pictures? I use to have the same problem. Try to avoid the yellow lights, use a fluorescent light if possible on top of the object. Another tip, using the fluorescent light sometimes the flash is not necessary. The flash creates some unwanted shadows.

It took me a lot of time to learn a few photo tricks. I use to take pictures for my old 80s GI JOE and Transformers store.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well . love the site

love the stuff . spent 15 minutes stocking up on gifts for the family

register

start checkout process . *bang

WE DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS TO YOUR COUNTRY (UK)

:rolleyes:

oh well . good luck anyway . your daughter is cracking with the craft

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jon_Toner

well . love the site

love the stuff . spent 15 minutes stocking up on gifts for the family

register

start checkout process . *bang

WE DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS TO YOUR COUNTRY (UK)

;)

oh well . good luck anyway . your daughter is cracking with the craft

I'm sorry for the problem. I think I've corrected the problem.

Thanks for your kind words!

- Jon (Rosebud's Dad)

• Tony locked this topic