add my logo

Guest Andrew23

Hi,

I've gone into the skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds directory and replaced topHeader.jpg with my own. The casing is exactly as specified in earlier tutorials.

My logo never showed up, so I got a little bit curious. I deleted a few of the image files (after backing them up first!) and no matter what I did the page images didn't change a bit!

Can anyone help me out as to how I can get my logo to work?

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skiptown

I've gone into the skins/typeskin/styleImages/backgrounds directory and replaced contentBg with my own. The casing is exactly as specified in earlier tutorials. This is a skin from Grassmeyer designs. the 2 column one in the free skins section.

My logo didnt change. I deleted a few of the image files. That didnt change anything nor did the colors change when I changed them in the css files. So I figure I am doing something wrong if the logo won't change and the color won't change. I am using filezilla.

Can anyone help me out as to how I can get my logo to work and change the colors. I have read this sight top to bottom and have learned so much. This is the first thing I can not figure out myself.

http://www.glass2art.com/upload/index.php

Guest skiptown

Instructions for Installing skins:

1. Within this folder is a folder with the title of the skin that you purchased. Upload that entire folder to the skins directory of your cube cart.

2. Log into the admin area for your cart.

3. Open up General Settings and choose the skin from the skins menu.

4. Enjoy! If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]

This is what came with the skin. I will email her. I am sure it is something so simple. I am not experienced at this so even the simple stuff can trip me up a bit.

Guest jorvani

someone tell me were to go to add my logo please and god bless

And how I save topHead.gif in this folder

skins\Legend\styleImages\backgrounds

always is the cube cart logo. please help.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Corran

:) thanks i did it .. if its jpg just copy and pase it in the paint program or in photo editor and then save it this time as gif

thank for the assistants . this forum help me out real fast :w00t:

HI,

I'm going to come across as a real twat, but thats what I am when it comes to web design. I am NOT a programmer and know the bare minimum. I use programs like Golive in order to make my site because its drag and drop... anyway, what this means is the following language meant nothing to me:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 116px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

padding-right: 9px;

padding-top: 0px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg);

border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;

To make thigns worse, I'm on Mac (OS 10.3).

So, talking to me like I'm a three year old, if I'm sitting in front of my terminal... what do i do to change this logo.... what program do I need to be in... my web page or the cube cart admin page.... where do i upload the image to, and how...

Thanks for teh help.

Oh, one more thing, To change the copyright splurb at the top of the store (I've bought the licence), how would I do that - again remember I'm the web ewquivelent of a three year old.

Thanks so much

Corran

Firstly, what theme/skin are you using? Secondly, do you have a graphic already made?

Feel free to PM me for assistance to your questions.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to figure out how to add my wifes logo to the top header also. I found the header in the directory but I do not understand how to change anything. Please help. Thanks. Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jltools

Okay, i want to add an additonal image as the logo?

Seperate to the back ground (for layout reasons)

I understand altering the image by renaming an image to overwrite the current file, but i want a back ground image and a logo

For example, www.jltools.co.uk/shop - you see a cubecart style back ground (no cubecart logo) but i want clients company logo above the search box, is there a way to add a logo above this box?

• 1 month later...
Guest Laura323

hi, i have done exactly what has been said to change your logo on the 1st page, and mine has just disappeared. i cant even get the cubecart one back.

any one know how to fix it? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Anthony Chiarello

My major bad, i will change the spelling mistake asap...

I changed my logo to topHeader.gif and all i get is a blank anyone have any idea's

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iamintrouble

Hello Gang, I do need your help.........hundred hours i don't wanna loose.

I changed my header (logo) exactly the way i read here. Everything went perfect. I could easily modify it again and again.

Then, i tried to enlarge it a little more. I've put 940 pixel as the width of my logo...uploaded it.....then pouf.....my header disapeared and i can't get it back, i can't get nothing back there. I then tried with a smaller sample.......i just cant get nothing there.

Can anyone help me please..........i dont wanna loose all the work done! I'd rather spend that time skining my site using all your postings and knowledges.........

Thank you very much.

If ever it could help: Killer skin

• 3 months later...
Guest starchest

Hello i been raeding all of this and i cant fiqure out how to change color or change logo. wher e do i find these roots folder you are talking about. thanks

btw using skin .legend

www.starchest.com

Guest spryte22

I tried to change my logo doing what you said and it didn't work. The only difference is that when I resave the file, the only option, to save as for the .gif extension, that it is giving me is .GIF all caps. Does this matter? and if so, how do I change it?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest topdotter

First rename your logo to

topheader.gif

now save to this folder

skins\Legend\styleImages\backgrounds

The part in red is the name of the skin u r using eg classic/legend or killer

thats it

hth

Does anyone have or know where I can find an image file "topheader.gif" for each of the standard skins that removes the CubeCart logo without adding my logo? I.E. continues the CC design but removes the logo? I want to start modifying my site to my look but don't yet have my own logo. Hope this makes sense, but I think it should.

Thanks!

Guest Wombots

Ive just started my shopping cart and use my host providers control panel and the admin of cube cart to adjust mysettings.

I do have dreamweaver but im so worried that if i follow any of this I will stuff it up. Ive made my logo for my site and I saved the file as topheader.gif and its on my *d* drive ....can anyone assist this technology challenge womble how to load her logo without crashing her whole site?

I did this to my zen cart and I was so sick of that program and all the fiddles that I went with Cube cart...i do find it user friendly and this is my second question... Ive nearly finished too!! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest innerwisdom

Hi I am also trying to get my topheader working so far thiers nothing I can't get my image to 756x 116x iphoto won't let me or any other program? Any help?