Gaming Graveyard

Guest jeromas

This site is best viewed with Netscape or Firefox, as I couldn't get the CSS-driven popout menu to work in IE. The WORST browser to view it in is IE 5.2 for Mac, though it will display ok.

Suggestions and criticisms are very welcome. I am currently working on pre-loading images and fixing the issue with the line items displaying slightly outside of the box when you're in the shopping cart. As well, I'm working on editing the view categories to show only in-stock items, unless the user chooses to see everything.

Gaming Graveyard

Thank you for the feedback. Things like that are what will help my site look and function better, and too often the customers just leave your site without ever saying anything.

Anyways, I've fixed the issues you mentioned below. Thanks again for your input!

Guest tbladecki

there is problems on your UPS Shipping calculator.... the window is not sizing correctly. I have mine set to 1024X764 and the right hand column is under the shipping calculator, I belive that you are missing a <div> somewhere and it is not parsing properly to the screen, I also noticed that when you click on the "join" button, only in the shipping calc, you are directed back to the UPS calculator.

I like the layout of the footer.. did you include an option to "track shippment" within the customer profile when they view there order? If not it just a thought....

I am using IE 6.0.2 and every page that i load I get "error on page" message, when I open the error it is saying that there is an "object" error. Looks like line 82 on the index page for the products, or at least that is what I am coming up with.

I tried to change the langage but it only changes a few fields and does not change the product info and such, I would suggest either updateing it to fully change the site, also if you accept other currancies cool, otherwise I would remove the box entirely... Just my 5 cents.

PS I would be intrested in how you merged UPS into your site, I have been trying to do the same thing only I really, really need FedEx and I have nto bene having much luck, althought I am relativly new to programming and this is more then likly why I can not figure it out LOL, and good looking site. I also like the "write a review" option that you offer and the "Customers who bought 'product" also bought:" these are feature that I would be intrested in if you are willing to share with me, I am willing to pay you for them as well... I know that you are asking for reviews on the site I have not seen these features on any other CC site and I am really impressed.. I did not think that it would be possiable.

Tbladecki -- thanks for the inputs! I'm going to print these fixes everyone is noting and work on getting those up to par.

Regarding the integration of UPS into my site, I have an account with UPS and also a developer's key, both of which are really easy to get -- basically you sign up on their site and then are able to get the tools needed to integrate the tracking and calculator on your own site. These two tools are really nothing more than a basic html page (you can format it how you want, so long as the form variables still get sent to UPS) that calls a script hosted by UPS and returns the results to you on your own site.

As for the 'Write A Review' on my product pages, that is a pretty extensive hack and includes modding a few files as well as creating a new table within the cubecart database. I'll take a look later tonight at what it might take to integrate that into a cohesive mod, and if enough people are interested, I'll put something together, though it may take a little time. That is a mod I would probably charge a nominal fee for, something along the lines of $15 or so, but it could be less or more depending on the actual work involved and how people actually thought it was worth.

As for you being new to programming, don't let that fool you -- you can do more than you might imagine with PHP and a mySQL backend.

Guest tbladecki

Thanks for looking into the reviews, that is fair I dont have a problem paying for peoples time, I knwo the feeling... I would really like it though as I sell saltwater corals and marine life so the customer feedback in the quality is really important.

As for the UPS thing I do have an account already, so I will check on their site, I do not have a developer key, but i am sure that that can not be a big deal. I will look into it and see what it takes to intergrate, maybe I can swicth to UPS instead, although I personally prefer FedEx for shipping live animals. but no the less I will take a look at it.

PS, it seems as though there is several problems with your images, there seems to be quite a few missing or bad links.