Error loading "../fckstyles.xml"

Guest theorbo

The fck editor was working fine in 3.0.2. Now that I've done the upgrade, I get this error: Error loading "../fckstyles.xml" whenever I attempt to access any page in the admin section EXCEPT for the admin index page.

It's not a problem for ME really, since I edit on my local install then transfer stuff. And it all works perfectly on my local install. It's just an oddity, and hopefully NOT indicative of anything else wrong that might be a larger concern....

If anyone has a clue as to how to "fix" whatever's wrong here, please let me know.

Server info:

PHP version 4.4.0

GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

MySql Client API version 4.0.25

PHP is run as CGI on this particular server, if that makes a difference, and register_globals is set "on".

The fck editor was working fine in 3.0.2. Now that I've done the upgrade, I get this error: Error loading "../fckstyles.xml" whenever I attempt to access any page in the admin section EXCEPT for the admin index page.

It's not a problem for ME really, since I edit on my local install then transfer stuff. And it all works perfectly on my local install. It's just an oddity, and hopefully NOT indicative of anything else wrong that might be a larger concern....

If anyone has a clue as to how to "fix" whatever's wrong here, please let me know.

Server info:

PHP version 4.4.0

GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

MySql Client API version 4.0.25

PHP is run as CGI on this particular server, if that makes a difference, and register_globals is set "on".

Yeah, that's weird, I got that too. But then it stopped after about 5 minutes and I haven't seen it again.

sorry, i am no help on this one :on2long:

Guest tbladecki

Did you install Goober's "fckeditor mod" if so just from you stating that the error is on all pages execpt the main admin page, which his MOD does not change, it would lead me to belive that there is a problem "bug" between the two that needs to be addressed.... Just a thought, but that is where i woudl start.

Good Luck, I will look at mine and see if I can see a probelm, if so I will get it posted.

No. No mods. Just my own mod'ed template. I'm in process now of installing on a different domain, on a totally different server, vanilla install from fantastico then the upgrade. I'm not going to upload the mod'ed template. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Okay. The new install is working perfectly after the upgrade, including fckeditor.

Tracking back: between when I installed cubecart (3.0.2 using fantastico) on the original domain, and when I applied the upgrade, I had my host place the php.ini file in the domain root folder (a problem with register_globals being "on", and some dreck in WordPress due to same). I had forgotten this probably salient point when I first posted.

I will simply move the domain to the other server to avoid the constant error dialogs, which is the only real problem with it. The missing editor functionality isn't a problem as I posted previously since I do all editing on my local server anyway. The error dialogs popping up all the time ARE fairly annoying however.

So this is most likely NOT a problem of any sort within CubeCart itself.

At this point I'd also like to thank Brooky for this great software. It's SO refreshing to find standards-complaint apps like this one, which use tables as they're supposed to be used and doesn't depend on them for layout. I also find the templating system easy to use and tweak. Great job!

Well, it wasn't the fantastico installs that were causing the problems, after all. I use fantastico in preference to uploading a TON of stuff on dialup most of the time, then upgrade whatever WinMerge shows needs to be done.

Those of you who have broadband apparently don't remember how long uploads of 7.5 MB can take at 26.4 - I have to do whatever I can to minimize the time-damage. I'd love to have broadband - but we will never have it here: 40 families full-time, crap 30 year old analog phone lines which will never be upgraded - it's not a big enough market.... we're lucky to have 911 service!