create thank you page

:D Something This what you are looking for?????

http://www.crystalfigurines.net/thankyou.php

Did this for a client. IM me I will create anyone who wants one a template for $5

Once you have the template you simply edit where marked in your html editor, save as and upload to your site.

Hey presto extra pages that do not appear in site docs but look like the rest of your site.

This is very simple and does not include the dynamic content but they can still search or log in, or click Home when they finish reading.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest estelle

I created a "Contact Us" form for my site, which is fully integrated into CubeCart, and when posted it returns the user to the Contact Us page with a message at the top:

"Thankyou. Your email has been sent successfully"

Or "Sorry but your email could not be sent. Please contact us via another method"

All the messages are setup in the language file, and easy to modify. And the form can be setup on any site document that you wish. It also can display the contents of the email, so that if the sender made a mistake, e.g. with their email address, they can send another email to correct their mistake.

And just remembering now... it also deals with special characters such as apostrophes, double quotes, and html tags! :w00t: (Normally html tags could stuff up the display on the page, and normally apostrophes and double quotes would be emailed with backslashes, like so: \' \")

You can try it out here: Contact Us Form and if anyone is interested I can put write up some instructions for this.

Hi estelle

I saw ur contact us page it looks cool.... but I pressed "send it !" button without filling anything in the field, and it took me to the Thank you page! I am sure you must have received a blank email. I suggest make the field compulsory to fill.

and yes it would be appreciated if u can put a write up instructions for this. :w00t:

Kind Regards

Guest estelle

Yeah I know. Perhaps I'll do some more development on it now.

Which fields should be required and which fields should be optional? I'm thinking maybe just the Name and Enquiry should be required.

Guest sunshine

Hi Estelle,

Terrific email mod there! Like the layout. I sent an email and it appeared to work smoothly, leaving the results at the top of the page.

Is it a PHP script or HTML? Also, is our email address in the background? That's my only concern with emails really, is that I don't get inundated with spam.

Guest estelle

Sunshine,

Its both a PHP script and HTML. It uses a HTML form (POST) to collect the four fields, and then this info is sent back to the same page and the PHP processes it, sends the email, and outputs the error/success message and email contents before the usual page content.

It can go on any site document, and the email address is hidden within the PHP code (unless you display your email address on the page like i did! lol)

It took me a long time to develop. And I had to spend time on some things that you wouldn't notice very often, either. E.g. The special characters < and > are converted to special html characters before they displayed, and ' and " are dealt with before the email is sent (otherwise they would be shown as \' and \")

@estelle

Very neet and clean work, integrated with CC, i like it very much :wacko:

Where can we get it from?

PS: suggestion: under "Returns & Exchanges" at the end "If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to contact us." Hyperlink it back to the online form :blink: For some strange reason i only saw that and by passed the other. :w00t:

Guest estelle

vrakas,

I'm going to add it to my mod site when i'm done. I'm just trying to put in the changes to make particular fields required, but its not working how I want because I can't put PHP code into the site document using the FCK editor. So right now if a required field isn't completed, the customer will get an error message, and the form will be empty again! (Bugger, i'll have to do this with javascript...)

Thanks for the suggestion about the hyperlink :w00t:

Guest sunshine

Hi Estelle,

lol the backend stuff. :w00t: I sooo know what your talking about. Mind you, I'm less experienced than you are. Imagine that it takes me twice as long.

Are you going to be offering your email? drum roll

Guest estelle

Okay, I've finished... I'm considering calling it the "Email Contact Form Mod" :w00t: I guess that will do, unless anyone has any better ideas?

I'm going to be asking for a very small fee for this mod (considering how many hours (and hours) I've put into it!)

One last improvement that could go into it. Would anyone like the email to be CC'ed to the customer? Speak up quick if you want this extra functionality!

Anyway, you can test it in my mod shop.

Estelle.

• 11 months later...
Guest SwishEmporium

Thank you so much to tbladecki and Ben Logan, trying to download anything at cubecart.org at the moment is a bit hard so looking back in this forum it was great to find the 'contact us' mod here.

Works perfectly and its free.

• 1 month later...
Guest NorthernWC

ok, i have worked out how to do what you all want. it is quite simple really.

Do this

1. Open 'index.php' Around line 142 there should be 'break;'

Just below it paste this code:

case "cnThanks":

include("includes/content/cnThanks.inc.php");

$body->assign("PAGE_CONTENT",$page_content);

break;

2. Create a new document in the site documents editr. Call it 'Contact Us' or whatever.

3. Click the soure button, and paste ALL this code below. Then save it.

<!--P

/*

*						   CONTACT US MOD INFO

*		File info  : sitedocform.php

*		Purpose	: Let your customers leave a message via mailing from

your website instead of opening their mail program

*		Author	 : Thomas Bladecki is the original author

*					 http://www.desertcoralaquatics.com

*			 ***   Edited by Ben Logan to keep everything neat and tidy. ***

*		Last update: 9/26/2005

*	   Version Info: Ver. 1.0

*	  Special note : ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE ADDING ANY MODS !!

*/

<-->Please use the form below to submit an email to us, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.<br/>

<br/>

<p style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">

<form action="index.php?act=cnThanks" method="post">

Your Name: <input size="42" name="name"/><br/>

<br/>

Your Email address: <input size="35" tpye="text" name="email"/><br/>

<br/>

Please Select a topic: <select size="1" name="topic">

<option selected="selected">Please Select one....</option>

<option>Question about item</option>

<option>Question regarding shipping</option>

<option>Question about an order</option>

<option>General question</option>

<option>other</option>

</select><br/>

<br/>

<textarea name="message" rows="8" cols="45"></textarea><br/>

<br/>

<input type="submit" value="Send Email"/> <input type="reset" value="Clear"/>

</form>

</p>

4. Open up notepad, or wordpad. Create new file. Then copy and pase the following code into this new file.

<?php

/*

cnThanks.inc.php

Created by Ben Logan

*/

if(!isset($config)){

echo "<html>\r\n<head>\r\n<title>Forbidden 403</title>\r\n</head>\r\n<body><h3>Forbidden 403</h3>\r\nThe document you are requesting is forbidden.\r\n</body>\r\n</html>";

exit;

}

$no_ship = new XTemplate ("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/content/noShip.tpl");

$no_ship->assign("LANG_SORRY",'Thank You');

$no_ship->assign("LANG_DESC",'You message has been sent to the store owner.');

// Build Mail string

$msg = "Name: $_POST[name]\n";

$msg .="Email: $_POST[email]\n";

$msg .="Topic: $_POST[topic]\n";

$msg .="Message: $_POST[message]\n";

//Setup the mail format

$recipient = "ENTER_YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS";

$subject = "$_POST[topic]";

$mailheaders .= "From: $_POST[name]";

$mailheaders .= "Reply-To: $_POST[email]";

//Send the contact form

mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $mailheaders);

$no_ship->parse("no_ship");

$page_content = $no_ship->text("no_ship");

?>

3. Now save this file as 'cnThanks.inc.php', and place it in

/ROOT_DIR/includes/content

Now you site contact form is done. To edit your thankyou messsage find this line:

$no_ship->assign("LANG_DESC",'Your message has been sent to the store owner.');

It is obvious what piece you must edit.

I have included all the files necessary.

Contact me if you have any problems.

Hi,

I just wanted to say:

It's just AWESOME how simple it was to set this up!

I FINALLY got a contact form & a thank you page that worked as supposed to!

The BIGGEST thank you you can possibly imagine! :D

NorthernWC :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have thankyou.php resident in the main site root folder. I used a simple form setup provided by my host, and use this to provide a redirect to the "outside cc resident" thank you page: <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://mydomain.com/thankyou.php"/>

Caveat: my host provides a reasonably secure version of a form to mail setup. Your host may NOT provide anything of this nature, or if your host does provide this sort of form it may NOT be secure. I can't be responsible for security measures not taken by you or your host with this particular system. MY setup is relatively secure due to measures taken by MY host. YMMV....

Hi,

don't mean to interrupt but wanted to ask you a question ?

on your web site you have a drop down menu that lists by manufacturer,can you please explaint to me how that's done ?