Classic Skin: Full Screen Display - TEST

markscarts

B)

For the next few days, I'm leaving this modified Classic skin at this site . . .

The skin should be a true full screen display that works right on screens from 800x600 to 1280x1024 resolutions. PLEASE report to me here or by PM or email if this does not display properly in your browser, and include the browser type and version you're using.

Thanks for testing this :)

Mark

Test URL:

http://leather-furniture-repair.com/sales/index.php

looks very good but when you resize the browser to ridiculously small widths things start to go messy especially the viewcart. Perphaps you can give it a minimum width so this won't happen.

FF deerpark 1.5 beta 1 - looks fine from 800x600 up to 1600x1200.

As noted previously, the right column boxes jump out of the container in narrowed browser windows, all resolutions.

<_<

looks very good but when you resize the browser to ridiculously small widths things start to go messy especially the viewcart. Perphaps you can give it a minimum width so this won't happen.

As noted previously, the right column boxes jump out of the container in narrowed browser windows, all resolutions.

I've checked this problem, and believe it is a non-issue . . . the window has to be pretty small to get distortion. My concern here is cross-browser compatibility at resolution from 800X600 and higher.

So far, it seems that the full-screen modification is successful B)

I can offer the files for newbies who find it difficult to alter such things. ClassicFulScr will be free to licensed CC3 users, and 99 cents to anybody else who wants it.

I also have the Legend in full screen . . . I'm going to change the skin to the Legend soon, to run the same test in a separate thread.

Thanks to jeroenz19, rukiman, roban, evilhomer, and theorbo for checking this out. Your help is appreciated! If you can look at the Legend when I put it up, too, well then . . . thanks a bunch :)

The only thing i noticed is the left column is smaller than the right one. :)

I managed to do also in full screen but the middle changes according to the photo in it. Dont know if this is good or bad but i couldnt fix it <_<

Yes, it is often difficult to make something a static minimum size, and fully flexible otherwise.

I know of a quick, klunky workaround to make sure your center column doesn't shrink with smaller images, Vrakas, it would require coding in an invisible GIF of the minimum width you desire. The box would prolly not try to shrink smaller than that.

If you have a problem with a larger image ballooning the box . . . the answer to that is to size your images to the maximum width that works with your store. I size them optimally for the store with a batch editor on my PC before uploading to the web. Saves a few headaches relating to display issues <_<

Idara wrote:

Hi, I just tested the Classic at my cc3.biz store (the skin is on there now, Monday Morning, 8:53 Central Time USA) for a few minutes, and it is showing four prods in latest prods.

This is set in your ACP, on the General Settings page, just below where you choose the skin . . .

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply, yes u r right no problem with clasic skin, it shows 4 product in a row, but still there r some errors in display , the gap between two rows (when the product name is in 2 line) both in IE & FF. you can see my Test store with clasic skin

Legend skin still showing 3 products in FF, fine in IE with 4 products.

The gap between two product line is fine even if the product name is in 1 or 2 line the gap is maintaining in FF but not in IE. you can see My Test store with Legend skin

latest product setting in Legend & Clasic skin still need modifications.

looking forward for the update.

Kind reagrds

Mark wrote back:

Hi Idara,

The problems you mention are latent in the stock skins themselves; my full-screen modifications have not caused these problems.

I do know a way to solve the "alignment" problem, but I did not do it in my skins, because the point was to provide a stock skin with full-screen capabilities, not solve all the inherent problems with these skins. Also, I have noticed that others in the forums have solved the problem and offer mods and fixes; there may be a better fix than the one I use personally. I do not know, because I had already fixed the problems in my sites before noticing other posts. You can always do a search on this problem.

Here is my fix:

The trick is to specify a static height setting for the image elements, so that the height will be the same whether they contain one or two lines of text, or even if one image is larger than the rest in height. Then, they will all line up properly. The height you specify should be equal to or greater than the the length of the cell required for your longest image with the most lines of text. You might have to experiment with this setting to get it perfect for your site.

In /your_skin/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

FIND:

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px;">

CHANGE TO:

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px; height: xxxpx;">

Where "height:xxxpx" = the ideal number in pixels for the height of these elements for your site.

The number xxx will vary, depending on the size you've set for these pics or for your thumbnails, the size of your original images, and the amount of text appearing in the elements. For one of my sites, the best height was 250. Experiment with this number until your site looks just right.

Note that {{VAL_WIDTH} which stands for "width value" refers to the value you have set for thumnail size in ACP. This is a variable setting, and will change when you change the tumbnail creation size in ACP. Again, the trick is to add a static height value that will be equal to or greater than the maximum height of these elements when containing your largest image in height and the most lines of text.

HTH