Admin Problem

Guest jeff29754

Guest sunshine

when you plugged your db info into CC, are you sure you input it correctly as it is returning errors on all the input. Did you add your webhost extension name to those bits of info?

Guest sunshine

Guessing but

$dbhost

Confirm with your webhost, this is usually 'localhost'

$dbuser

This is usually your signon name plus your db name so it would look like this

jeffsignonname_dbusername

$dbpasswd

This would be the same as above. User nae with dbpasswd

jeffsignonname_psswrd

config.php

Guest Tomppa

still that issue my computer, no i think that issue is my computer or my ADSL modem Zyxel 660hw?

But i try set low security and same issue, my friend computer shows my eshop correct.

Guest Tomppa

Okey now i have do many checks and not help.

I have 3 computers here home, all have windows xp and latest updates.

And Norton internet security 2005 all computers.

My children computers all my testshop look right, but my own computer and my laptop text missing.

i check explorer security settings my children computers and my laptop and correct what is"t different.

I try also whitout norton internet security and same missing text issue.

My laptop have too firefox but same missin text is that too.

What i can check next?

Guest theboylard

I'll have a side bet on it being Norton that's causing your problems Tomppa :rolleyes:

Personally I hate it, if I ever come across it on a customer system I'll uninstall it and put one of the free ones on!! Or get them to buy a decent AV like NOD32.

Norton Internet Security (it's the firewall part, not the AV part) interprets web pages in a very strange way, which is one of the reasons why I dislike it so, basically you're not seeing the page as the designer intended, but as Norton interprets it.

Just prove it to yourself by using a friends/neighbours'/work system without Norton (and don't say McAfee either, just as bad!!) and you'll see all the same bits that we all see.

2c

Andy.

Guest sunshine

Hi Tommpa,

Sorry I can't help you. I doubt it's a webhost problem as much as I doubt the problem coming from the cart only because there are a good number of people that can actually see your results. It's seems to be an interpertational issue somewhere but being that your site shows in the browser - wait - have you checked your advance browser settings? Maybe something is off there for security purposes. In either case, whatever you do here, I don't think it should be necessary for you to diminish your security settings. That wouldn't be safe.

The only suggestions I have left to offer, are to check your advanced settings in IE

and set to have your cookies and cache clear everytime you close windows.

Good Luck

Guest estelle

It just looks like he has a zero sized file for en/lang.inc.php, hey? But Jeff confirmed that this is not the case. Jeff had english setup by default. And "English" is being displayed in the language selection box in the second pic in this thread. I recently thought maybe the language setting was stuffed up in the session info, but then "English" probably wouldn't show in the language selection box.

Here are Jeff's posts:

Hi Estelle, when I point the browser at [myurl]/admin/settings/ English is mentioned just once, above the theme name.

I downloaded and FTP'd the editconfig file to the cart root.

The current and new data for $config['defaultLang'] entry are both en

Jeff

Thanks for your reply, my language/en/lang.inc.php exists and is *not empty*.

HELP !

Jeff :D

Guest jeff29754

Well folks, since I last posted, I took version 3.0.4 off the webhost and installed 2.7, still had the same problems i'm afraid, so I took that off as well and installed OsCommerce, which I hate but hey, it works.

I got an email saying that V3.0.5 had been released so i'm going to install that over the weekend and let you helpful people know the results. I REALLY REALLY want a working version of cubecart and can't wait to take OsCommerce off my site.

In response to an earlier post saying that "it's usually localhost" ... localhost only applies when a site is hosted on someones own computer, also running apache and mysql.

Anyways, i'll keep you guys and gals up to speed with this weekends progress.

Jeff

:)

Guest estelle

I tried really hard to figure it out! Bummer that you had to move to osC.

In response to an earlier post saying that "it's usually localhost" ... localhost only applies when a site is hosted on someones own computer, also running apache and mysql.

FYI - I use localhost for the database connection settings on my local machine, and on my web server as well (which certainly wasn't setup by me :))

Guest jeff29754

Hi Estelle, OK on the localhost thing.

Well, i'm happy to report that the installation of V3.0.5 went very well and everything is in plain view, both homepage and admin. One thing I did before installing, and after reading various other related posts, is that I deleted all cookies and temporary internet files before starting the install. I can't explain why but i'm sure this had something to do with it.

Another tip for 1st time installers wanting to change the content of the stores homepage ... assuming you got your store setup for english, change the file attributes of languages\en\home.inc.php to 777 ... otherwise your changes won't be made.

Now I need help on the paypal API certificate, ie; what is it and how do i get it. I already have a paypal account to use and i've seen this API mentioned a lot lately.

Thanks for all your help Estelle, it's really appreciated.

Jeff

http://beachboysworld.com/cubecart/index.php

PS: Bye Bye OsCommerce :)