Admin Problem

Guest jeff29754

Guest jeff29754

Hi Guys, i'm very new to CubeCart, altho the installation went smoothly, on logging into admin, there are no options showing onscreen, almost as if the text was the same color as the background. The store's homepage is the same way, can do no more without help.

Please see the screen capture to see what I mean, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

ADMIN PAGE:

AdminView.jpg

STORE HOME PAGE:

ShopView.jpg

Edited by jeff29754

Guest Tomppa

I have same issue before beta 3.0.

Today i try delete all files my server and all mysql database and then i install fresh 3.0.4 version, and still same issue.

I hope some coders can fix this issue.

Is"t sql or php version too old or wrong version?

Guest estelle

This isn't anything to do with your version of MySQL or PHP.

Start by checking that your language files have been properly installed. Specifically check that language/en/lang.inc.php exists and is *not empty*.

Guest jeff29754

Start by checking that your language files have been properly installed. Specifically check that language/en/lang.inc.php exists and is *not empty*.

Thanks for your reply, my language/en/lang.inc.php exists and is *not empty*.

HELP !

Jeff B)

Guest estelle

Okay, then there might be something wrong with the default language setting, as stored in the database.

Try loading this page XXX/admin/settings/, and tell me if any of the drop down boxes say "English" (should be around the 14th input/dropdown box). Take a screenshot.

Also, download and install this tool http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?download=179, and tell me what it says for $config['defaultLang'].

Guest jeff29754

Hi Estelle, when I point the browser at [myurl]/admin/settings/ English is mentioned just once, above the theme name.

I downloaded and FTP'd the editconfig file to the cart root.

The current and new data for $config['defaultLang'] entry are both en

Jeff

Guest sunshine

Hi Jeff29754,

My guess, is it might not be the 'Language' folder; however haphazard, you've got a portion of yet in English. However, what you don't have, are the modules, gateways, etc. within the on the admin panel.

What you should do, is either compare, or if this is a brand new cart, simply upload all folder and files within the main 'Admin' folder. The is a good size folder by way of content and sometimes something can go amiss or corrupt during the transfer process.

Try that and let us know what happens.

Guest jeff29754

Estelle, if only my screen was seeing the same as yours LOL, but it is'nt ! .. i re-uploaded all the files in the ADMIN directory individually, my store looks nothing like your screenshot and when i try logging in to admin, i get the following ...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /hsphere/local/home/jeff2975/beachboysworld.com/cubecart/admin/index.php on line 144

Wonder why you get a normal view when i don't ?

Jeff

PS: I also tried viewing with Firefox, in case there was a problem with IE6.

Guest jeff29754

What you should do, is either compare, or if this is a brand new cart, simply upload all folder and files within the main 'Admin' folder. The is a good size folder by way of content and sometimes something can go amiss or corrupt during the transfer process.

Try that and let us know what happens.

I tried it and now it's even worse with SQL errors all over the place B)

Jeff

Guest estelle

B)

Okay, well that error message shows that includes/ini.inc.php contains whitespace or a newline character outside of the <?php and ?> tags. Did you modify this file in any way... even just opening and resaving?

Personally, I would delete everything and start over. And perhaps try switching FTP client. I use SmartFTP, no problems yet, and its certainly an improvement over Filezilla.

Guest jeff29754

I had a feeling you girls would say that, so I already deleted all the files in the cubecart folder. I use the Bulletproof FTP client, beleive me i've tried 'em all and bulletproof has proved to be the most reliable yet.

But --- as a precaution, maybe i'll get the latest SmartFTP and use that, i'll let you know how it goes later this evening.

Thanks for your help so far girls. B)

Jeff

Guest estelle

Just a quick tip with SmartFTP - when uploading, drag files or folders onto the global queue at the bottom of the window, and then drag from here onto the remote server window. This way if a file fails to be uploaded, it will be retried until successful, or something like that...

Guest Tomppa

http://www.turkiat.com/eshop/

That is my Cubecart test page, and there missing lot of text.

When i use cubecart 3.0 beta then everything working very well, but all next releases coming same error, missing text.

I try find what code is chance so much wht can make this issue but dont find.

I hope brooker can check what is wrong, i can give brooker my admin password if that help fixing this problem.

Guest sunshine

HI Tomppa,

I'm on IE6 here and did a click through your shop. It looks fine with no missing text. Are you still having problems on your end?

Guest Tomppa

Can you take screenshot my test shop? I use too ie 6 and norton internet security if that is something matter.

Here is screenshot my shop today 4.10.2005 Time 19.52.

No text.

Guest estelle

Works for me. In both FF and IE 6.

turkiat.jpg

:)

I think Brooky is going to have to have a look at this. I can't think of any reason why me and sunshine could be seeing a completely different webpage... because all the processing for the text is done server side. Strange.

Guest estelle

Jeff - database error.

An Error OccurredUnable to connect to the database.

Check $dbhost, $dbuser, and $dbpasswd in config.php.

Jeff. In regards to the disappearing text, I've really got no idea. I'm trying to figure out why your website could possibly be failing in this way, but for you only. It seems to indicate that it must be something to do with your local computer or your browser. Try clearing your browser cache. (Perhaps one of the CC cookies stored on your machine is somehow it is causing the weird issue you're experiencing). Or even try restarting your machine. (I'm clutching at straws here..)

Guest jeff29754

The error was because the hosts Mysql server was down. I tried all the things yuo suggested, i've decided to install version 2.7, as that seems to be the last stable version.

More later !

Jeff

Guest sunshine

Hi Jeff,

I just went to your website and got a text message error. It almost looks input rather than a webhost error.

An Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to connect to the database.

Check $dbhost, $dbuser, and $dbpasswd in config.php.