TAS is Here & Kicking

Guest TopAuctionScript

Guest TopAuctionScript

Thanks to CubeCart we were able to save a lot of time with getting off the ground.

TAS is up and running and doing well and hope to be using CC for a long time to come.

Stop by and visit and let us know your thoughts: TAS Webpage

TAS has the best robust auction and classifieds packages on the web!

Our packages comes packed full of options that is sure to please and installs within an hour.

Get your auction or classifieds up and running with tas scripts!

Guest TopAuctionScript

Why should we mess with something that works and looks great.

If it were the first version we had that had the mods put in as people made them we wouldn't have a lot of what is available now due to problems from the mods.

As far as look changes I like the fact that this look (stock) loads a lot faster than others that have added so many graphics that those that are on dialups get tired of waiting.

I guess you could say we are showing off the designers stock script and isn't a good one? :w00t: Thanks CubeCart!!

By the way, this topic is Show Off which is what we are doing. Showing off CC and TAS!! :wacko:

Blow your horn all you want, but without a good demo or at the very LEAST lots of screen shots, I don't see you selling that many. Good luck to ya though. :w00t:

Edit: I stand corrected. You do indeed have demos. But for touting the concept of less images and faster loading, your scripts are sure image heavy.

Also, you don't indicate what language they're written in. If I'm going to buy something, I want to know that I can tweak it as I see fit. I see a .cgi extension. Am I to assume Perl? I'd think PHP would give you a broader audience. But what do I know.

Guest twisted

I'm not sure if this thread should be in show-off............or shamelss promotions.

By the way, this topic is Show Off which is what we are doing. Showing off CC and TAS!!

Actually.......this forum is for showing off your cubecart site...not promoting the products it sells.........thats what shameless promotions is for.

Guest sunshine

Hi TopAuctionScript,

I can tell from your logo up front, that you've got something to do with auctions. But I have to say is was a bit difficult to tell EXACTLY what you have to do with auctions. From an unbiased view as soming browsing the web, I would have probably clicked out had it not been because you posted here. What i think will make a bid difference is if you capture them right away with a strong keyword focus. A short fast 'make you win' sentence. This will take " " to another level. Sorry I left there still not knowing what you had. Mayve change the pic icons to imminate whatever it is binary code maybe (bases on Sir William quote). Those thumbnails just remind me of primitive MS icons.

EDIT: Please don't take offense, it's only one opinion.

@sunshine

+1=2 opinions :w00t:

@TopAuctionScript

Good luck, whatever you are doing there. :)

PS: @sunshine

EDIT: Please don't take offense, it's only one opinion.

One your opinion + 1 of mine = 2 opinions :lol:

Guest TopAuctionScript

I'm not sure if this thread should be in show-off............or shamelss promotions.

By the way, this topic is Show Off which is what we are doing. Showing off CC and TAS!!

Actually.......this forum is for showing off your cubecart site...not promoting the products it sells.........thats what shameless promotions is for.

Funny all the ones showing off are showing off both. Unless you leave it empty there is no way around it.

How about that :P

Guest TopAuctionScript

I want to thank everyone for their opinion's.

If information isn't there for you it can be found in our forum.

Thank god we are doing something right because they are selling very well.

The comment about v2 I still haven't figured out.

There are some I have found in the cc forums that all they ever do is cut rather than offer up advise if they have it.

Can't get much more direct with what we have to do with than the name TopAuctionScript other than now that we released the classifieds we aren't going to rename the whole thing.

We don't take offense when someone like sunshine says things or when others do in what ever manner they pick to say them.

Twisted is correvt in part. We should be posting in both threads not just this one as it like all the rest is showing off both. Sorry twisted, can't help but do it and neither can the others that post here unless they leave them empty and if they do that why even have CubeCart?

The demo just shows some of what can be done. As far as images you can put them in or not.

For those that like to do a whole lot more work php is good. For those that don't but can still make all the changes they want this is much better and not heavy on using up resources, and yes perl. PHP has been worked around to where a lot of people are looking around.

As long as the people that buy are happy and we make some money we are happy, everything is fine.

You folks have a great day

Guest sunshine

Hi TopAuctionScripts,

You know, your absolutely right. If your doing well, more power to you and that's all that really matters. I can imagine and hope your are not hurt or offended by some of the feedback-including mine. When I first went to college, majored in Graphic Design. We had to do shows and we had critiqueing constantly. I shuddered in the beginning and never could sleep during those times. But then, hey, you know it teaches you a different way, even if you don't go that way, you might see your own in a better light. That alone, can bring YOU a better perspective on what you need. :P

Good Luck

Guest TopAuctionScript

Hi TopAuctionScripts,

You know, your absolutely right. If your doing well, more power to you and that's all that really matters. I can imagine and hope your are not hurt or offended by some of the feedback-including mine. When I first went to college, majored in Graphic Design. We had to do shows and we had critiqueing constantly. I shuddered in the beginning and never could sleep during those times. But then, hey, you know it teaches you a different way, even if you don't go that way, you might see your own in a better light. That alone, can bring YOU a better perspective on what you need. :P

Good Luck

Ha SunShine,

Critiqueing I like. Live and always learn. Attacks just for the fun of attacking is a different animal though.

I thank you for your comments and as always am looking for more ways.

If someone only captures one market and doesn't try to get the others than they are loosing money and are to dumb to know any better.

Thanks again. :)

Guest TopAuctionScript

In reality some of the boxes are designed similar to cc which got them from ecommerce. That is as far as it goes.

That sounds like ebay that started after yahoo's auctions. The scripts are not the same nor are the graphics exactly alike (boxes). When building the scripts we liked the way cc and ecommerce had done their boxes but all are not exactly the same as far as code.

As far as all that goes just like other scripts auction or otherwise the one that buys can change it up for the look and feel that they want. A lot kept doing it like php auctions for a long time and not long ago started trying to change it up some. For the most part all of our scripts are Perl as well not php. I feel php has it's place and works good for some things where cgi works better for other things one of which is auction scripts.

Thank you for pointing out what it was you were talking about though.

• 1 month later...

"snip"

Sometimes it seems, and i hope this is just a mis-conception, that the longer someone has been in this forum, the more posts they have, the more blunt and rude their comments become and because of their rank or post count, it's overlooked.

Look I know this is a forum, and we can all express our opinions, but constantly expressing negative opinions and one can seem to come across jaded/jilted etc.

Look, we all have something were trying to sell. The key is that we not intentionally post in the wrong place, etc. I don't think Top Auction meant to post in the wrong place. And actually their post could be seen as either.

So IMHO.. which is the way I always shoot it (straight from the hip), were all "SELLING SOMETHING", but if your contributing more than your "tooting your horn" it helps the medicine go down better. Also, as cliche as it is... "Beaty is truly in the eye of the beholder". Look at Google... do they have some unbelievable design? NO, their search engine is at the top of the web site rankings though. It works, and everyone uses it. So look Top Auction, take some comments with a grain of salt.

One thing... I wish I could see your site, for some reason I am pulling up a 404 page.

• 1 month later...
Guest TopAuctionScript

Ha all. TAS was sold a while back. They bought the rights to the script but not the name. The last I heard they were coming up with a new name but have heard nothing since.

Happy Holidays to all and those that don't mind Merry Christmas.