Image Uploading Error - Error: Already Exist

This is a fresh install. I went to upload a new item picture for the test item. and recieved the following error.

"Error: already exists please rename the file you are attempting to upload or browse for this file instead."

cubecarterror.jpg

I have yet to upload any pictures, I have tried several differant images to upload. Any Ideas?

Marc

Thankies Ahead of Time

This is on a Redhat Fedora Server-

I havent uploaded any files yet. I have tried several pictures with differant names and still get the same error.

Any other ideas?

marc

Guest hennaboy

Check your images/upload folder see if there is any images that have been uploaded. You may be getting the error but the images are being uploaded.

OK .. I have re-installed 3 times now, and I get the same problem. I explored a work around, and this is what I have come up with so far.

I uploaded a image to the upload directory via FTP.

It shows up as a thumbnail when I view Products.

It does not show me the thumbnail on the Store Home Page.

When I click on item it shows me the full photo.

Now I am really confused. Any other suggestions?

WorkAround Possibility?

(How do I manually add the thumbnails? I see the thumbs directory, but when I put a copy of my photo there it still doesnt display on Store Home Page.)

marc

Guest hennaboy

try uploading an image by ftp and see if you can view it anyway. if not then it may be a problem with the file/folder permissions.

what is the current permissions for the store folder and your images folder?

Also your on fedora - yes. It could be... when your uploading through the web that the image is being set as the user nobody or apache. If your webhost is running the server with very tight permissions then it may not show due to the file requires your username.

You could ask your webhost to check.

The thumbnail is created as part of the upload process. I'm working at doing batch thumbnail creation as part of my CSV Import module. I'll have a better idea of what to tell you to do in another couple days.

In the meantime, you can always create your own thumbs and FTP them to the server. There are several free or shareware thumb creators out there -- several have been mentioned in various threads here. Search is your friend. :(

Yes I can upload it via FTP, yes it shows in the item view.

Permissions are set to 777 for both upload and image directory

I am my own webhost.

I wouldnt mind just uploading via FTP or NFS, but it does not display the thumbnails. I have uploaded the same picture as a thumbnail to the thumbs directory, but that doesnt work. Is there a preamble in the filename? ie thumb_item1.jpg?

i can always do a batch script in gimp for my thumbs.

marc

You've probably tried this already but this is what I have to do to upload photo's:

1. Try uploading images in normal manner, I then receive the error you get.

2. Try again to upload the image but this time while browsing to the file I right click on the images file name in the browse window and remame it before I select it for upload.

3. Hey Presto! the image uploads and the thumbnail is created.

Don't ask me why this is as I'm a non-techie!! have only got to reskining level with cubecart, you can view my atempt at http://www.forever-products.co.uk

whoops .. typo beforehand

i have 777 for both the upload directory and the thumb directory

yes, im sure its not a permission problem

does anyone know what the criteria is to recieve the first posted error message? what conditions have to be met to recieve that particular one?

marc

ok .. i asked earlier about thumb files. i did a search but couldnt find the answer to it, so i thought i would include it here for anyone else with the same issues.

if you want to upload the thumbnails manually via FTP of NFS. just resize them (i used 125x125 pixel size) and upload them to the thumbs directory. the thumbnail must be named with the prefix thumb_

sometimes it still doesnt show and i have to re-associate it with the item and re-up it a few times. i dont know why that is yet. if i learn more ill post the results.

marc-

My Store

• 2 months later...
Guest construct6computers

I have this SAME exact problem,

NEW INSTALL (like 5 times) of Version 3

Windows XP Server 2003

Can anyone help? i want to be able to upload images via the add product from admin and NOT ftp...

thanks!

Guest construct6computers

also, when manualing adding a jpg to the upload folder and then selecting browse existing images, when i select the image it shows a broke image link in the preview pane, and also when i go back to the add product page it shows a broken link, what do i have set wrong??

With the widows server problem thats server based i belive...

In regard to what cases it to come up with that error im sure it is only a simple query of wether the image exsists... as PHP has that comand built in...

Thumbnails are created each time you update the product and not when you upload only i found this out as i was upload diffrent thumbnails but every time i updated that product i was losing my custom thumbnails...

• 1 month later...
Guest mrtwice99

What PHP version are you using?

I had this problem and it is because I was using PHP 5 and had the php.ini setting:

register_long_arrays

set to off. Does that help any?

Guest JABevan

I'm just tagging along on this posting. I'm running FC4 PHP5 and am running into the exact same issues, including config, permissions, etc.

BTW, my register_long_arrays is set to Off.

JAB*

Guest JABevan

I uploaded a test image to the images/uploads directory. It seemed to show up ok so I tried applying it to a product, seemed to show up ok there too, so I clicked Edit Product and got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ImageCreateFromJPEG() in /home/domain/public_html/classes/gd.inc.php on line 47

I tried doing a search on this but only came across a Windows Installation issue... I'm running FC4. Has anyone seen this? Any ideas why I (/we) can't upload images, and why I would be getting this error?

Hope someone can lend a hand...

Thanks,

JAB*

• 1 month later...
Guest marstoni

Wow, it seems many people are having this problem. I'm currently creating a e-commerce site for a client and just ran into this problem. Permissions are set fine and I've re-installed many times over. This really is an issue that should be fixed, is there any updates on the cause of this issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mrtwice99

The problem is that you are using PHP 5 and register_long_arrays is set to "OFF." It needs to be set to ON.

If you are running Apache, you can put this in a .htaccess file in the root directory of your store:

php_flag register_long_arrays on

Otherwise, if you are using IIS or some other server, you will need to set it in php.ini:

register_long_arrays = Off