Adding a counter

amciotola

One of my friends, whom I've skined cube cart for, would like a counter to be displayed on the front page. While I've tried to talk her out of it, she really wants one.

Any suggestions on how I can add one.

I've tried adding a php based text counter. The only place I can get it to show is under the cubecart/devellion copyright.

http://www.laurachristian.com/shop/index.php

Hi there,

By the front page, I meant the homepage. I guess I'm not putting the code in the correct file.

I also thought that maybe I need to add another content box just for the counter.

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Annette

Guest vrakas

Look at template styleTemplates/global/index.tpl under your prefered skin folder, open it and modify, add code below after {CATEGORIES}

<div class="boxTitleRight">Counter</div>

<div class="boxContentRight">

Add you script for the counter here

</div>

<div class="boxFootRight">&nbsp;</div>

Hope this works :whistle:

Guest woodbtreasures

Look at template styleTemplates/global/index.tpl under your prefered skin folder, open it and modify, add code below after {CATEGORIES}

</div>

Hope this works  :w00t:

Works Like a charm :wacko:

I put mine on the right side, but you got me to the right place!

Thanks

woodbtreasures, cam you please show me your code for the counter, im not a programmer & i wishh to add a counter to my cart. hoppe cn help me with this, Thnaks

Guest woodbtreasures

woodbtreasures,  cam you please  show me your code for  the counter, im not a programmer  & i  wishh to add a counter to my cart.  hoppe cn help me with this, Thnaks

Well the script that I'm using for my counter is offered through my webhost, so it won't reallly work for you.

However if you go to http://www.sitemeter.com/ and sign up for one of their free accounts then it would work great. Just follow the insrtuctions provided above and you should be in good shape! :w00t:

</div>

Hope this works  :)

vrakas, you are realy success with this piece of code :(

moderator? wow, cong. ;) since ....... ?

amciotola

it does not show up
because php code inside tpl is NOT parsed.

Generally - any script 'inserted' by include or require is running in folder where father script file resides - that means, if inserted sript resides in different folder than father script, relative paths within both directs to different place.

Finnaly - *.tpl isnt default extension for php parser (parse tpl with php parser is NOT recomended), template is html like, with template variables. if you want to display final counter, you have to write your own code, parsing your counter into template {VARAIBLE}.

@convict

vrakas, you are realy success with this piece of code.

moderator? wow, cong.

I have good Proffesors (only the best and they are in this forum) :(

Thanks for the cong :)