PayPal PRO Order Failed

Guest ColeFlournoy

Guest topdeadcenter

Thank you. Did that and it works except I now get order failed with a try again option.

This may be a newbie question but does the credit card have to be attached to a pay pal account in order for it to work?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ColeFlournoy

No, infact I could not get my credit card that is attached to my paypal account to work -- I think they restrict you from using your own paypal credit card (because that means you have a paypal account, and they make more money if you trasfer the money through their system, rather than visa).

Guest topdeadcenter

Checked my tmp folder error log:

***2005-11-08T02:22:50ZFailurefe3340dac4114Unsupported Currency.The currency code submitted is not supported. Check the currency code and try again.10526Error1.0000001.0006

I'm using Canadian dollar as my default. Pay Pal says they support CAD and US dollar. What gives? :wacko:

Guest topdeadcenter

Ok. Just got off the phone with Pay Pal. I'm a Canadian customer and as such Pay Pal Pro is not (yet) available to me. My business account allows me to generate an API Certificate (instantly) but this is for something entirely different. This is where I was getting confused.

They suggested that I use Standard Web Payment for now until PP Pro is available to Canucks!

Bottom line: I assumed my acount was a "Pay Pal Pro" account because it's a Merchant account and I could generate the API Certificate as per the instructions. So that's what I get for assuming. 4 or 5 hours wasted and long distance phone call that I could have avoided.

Guest theorbo

Ouch.... y'know, I think I saw some stuff about this on the paypal site a week or so back, but I just spent an HOUR looking and can't now find it. It's too bad things are so buried that the "innocent bystander" gets shunted off without help....

This has been confusing me for a long time aswell with the UK side, i have a uk business account and it allows me to create a API but fails at all costs...

ok for all of you who can't get the state to show the state the customers has in there profile

change the line on line 163 from /Directpayment/form.inc.php

from

$isoLookup = $db->select("SELECT abbrev FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_iso_counties WHERE name LIKE '".$ccUserData[0]['county']."');

to

$isoLookup = $db->select("SELECT abbrev FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_iso_counties WHERE name LIKE '".$ccUserData[0]['county']."' or abbrev LIKE '".$ccUserData[0]['county']."'");

If a customer uses a state abbrev as there stare like AR for Arkansas it will pull it now with the change

I have followed all the steps above and I'm still having problems.

Only thing is.... I have never gotten an error message. I don't get that far. When at the checkout and you choose either paypal or credit card and click continue....... nothing happens. The postal order form works just great.

I'm at a loss and don't know what to do next..........

Ok I got a little further. I can put in my credit card info and all that but when I click Go Now! nothing happens.......

What else can I do??????

So im also having a HUGE problem getting Paypal Pro Direct Payment to work... i found a log file in pear/tmp/20051121.paypal.log and i noticed the error message "curl_exec error 58 unable to set certificate file (wrong password?)".

Now this really confuses me... How can the certificate password be wrong? i have quadruple checked it... i have even deleted my existing certificates and created new ones with different passwords just to verify that i got the password right... after i upload the new cert to the pear dir, i go to my cc admin gateway section and input the new cert id and the new cert password i created and run another test... low and behold another "your order has failed message" and then i look in the log file and its the same wrong password message.

Someone please please help. Im desperate, i have followed the paypal pro tutorial to the T. Still no luck.

P.S. ssl is not enabled as my webhost does not currently offer it. They will, but at the moment they do not. I read that ssl is not required to implement Direct Payment.

it is not required but credit cards will be send over the internet with out be encrypted. big no,no

I never got the sandbox to work but the live mode works just fine after following the above try the live mode on your site if you are not.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest talbottsw

The admin control panel in CubeCart states the API Certificate needs to be in /pear/cert_key_pem.txt. You're saying it should be in /pear/tmp/...?

• 2 weeks later...

that would be worth $30 from me for that feature to show the Long Error Message thats in the logs.

If you look at the code, there are some commented out lines that look like they'd display the error message. Tried uncommenting but didn't see a change.

• 3 weeks later...

The error 35 is related to the certificate you installing.

The reports of the system working in Live mode but not in Sandbox are the clue.

The certificate you get given in the Paypal account is a Live certificate and not a Sandbox certificate.

To obtain a Sandbox certificate you must register at:

https://developer.paypal.com/

Hope this helps.

In addition, just to confirm for the non-USD chaps. Although UK, EU, CA and US Paypal account holders can use the API: it only accepts USD payments in Live mode at this time.

It looks like it might accept Sandbox transactions in CND, EUR and GBP.

Note: This is only applicable to Direct Payments, not Express Checkout which works fine with all currencies as far as I can see.

Edited by xomy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest krypton1

I finally got this working! I'm a very technical person so the instructions were easy to follow, but what took me so long was I forgot to actually sign up for website payments pro! This seems obvious in hind sight, and I'm sort of embarassed to admit this, but I thought it might help some others so:

1. Don't forget, you actually need to go to your paypal account and apply for website payments pro which takes a few days to be approved. Unless you do this, it will appear to be working, but you will just get back esoteric error messages.

2. More importantly, after you are approved, you need to agree to the website payment pro "billing agreement". It is stated in the email that paypal sends you (upon being approved) that you just need to login and click "my account" and a link will be there. Well I never saw this, and so I assumed it was something I'd already agreed to. Not the case. The only place i ended up finding it was hidden away in the right hand column of this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...pro-integration

Hope this helps.

Brian

Also, I plan on creating some code in the next few weeks to pull better error messages out of the pear/tmp directory. This is a badly needed feature that I'm sure is costing store owners a small fortune in lost sales!

For example, if the customer puts in the expiration year on their credit card as a two digit year instead of a four digit year, the order fails with no explanation why. Thats not good!

Stay tuned.

Also, I plan on creating some code in the next few weeks to pull better error messages out of the pear/tmp directory. This is a badly needed feature that I'm sure is costing store owners a small fortune in lost sales!

For example, if the customer puts in the expiration year on their credit card as a two digit year instead of a four digit year, the order fails with no explanation why. Thats not good!

Stay tuned.

let me know when you have the error message script done. I am willing to pay for that as well as I asume others are. I answer two to three emails a day and have to look up the error messages for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keschrich

First off, thank you Cole for clearing up a lot of my questions regarding PayPal. It's quite confusing for someone who's never really dealt with it before, as there are many different ways of referring to the same service (i.e. Web Payments Standard=IPN, Pro=API).

I do have one question regarding the operation of Payments Pro. I've heard it several times that this is only available to people in the US. Does this mean to say that I, as the merchant, must be located in the US, or that I can only serve customers residing in the US who use a US based credit card? If the latter is true, how would you recommend that I cater to international users?

Also, if I may ask a question regarding SSL, since you appear to be knowledgeable: I use SiteGround as my web hosting provider. Included with my account is what they refer to as a shared certificate. For an extra charge I can get my own private certificate. To quote the website: "A Free Shared SSL certificate is included in the SiteGround hosting plan. You can also add a private certificate to your account from your user's area." What are the ramifications of using this shared certificate? Is there much of a difference in security? Would my users even notice?

Shared Certficates are Hard to control, will show a URL other than yours and are very buggy...

I would personaly recomend if you can get a dedicated SSL certificate for a decent price then do so...

Just an added note i really think shared SSL are pointless as the idea of a SSL is to confirm the ownership of the domain name is a reputable company and not just to encript web transmition...

Just my 2 cents and i know the question wasn't aimed at me and my opinion may be unwelcome but that is all that i know...

Guest ColeFlournoy

Shared Certficates are Hard to control, will show a URL other than yours and are very buggy...

I would personaly recomend if you can get a dedicated SSL certificate for a decent price then do so...

Just an added note i really think shared SSL are pointless as the idea of a SSL is to confirm the ownership of the domain name is a reputable company and not just to encript web transmition...

Just my 2 cents and i know the question wasn't aimed at me and my opinion may be unwelcome but that is all that i know...

Very good response -- Basicly, you can get shared SSL to work but it commenly causes problems and just doesn't look very legit. If I was going to buy a product and I was redirected away from the site for a shared SSL cert, I would consider that more sketchy than a plain old site without SSL at all.