PayPal and VAT

Robsta

I've read with interest the articles relating to setting up PayPal with CC.

I have one issue which I haven't so far found a solution. I have followed this thread, but does not seem to have an affect.

My problem is this. I have setup CC with Tax class set to the VAT 17.5%, and in the General Settings, 'Include Tax In Prices' set to now. I have set up shipping as 'Royal Mail', with the weight/price from their website (using Kg).

PayPal gateway was setup to use the PayPal IPN Sandbox.

The problem I have is that in the checkout, VAT is calculated from the cost of the item. Then shipping is added afterwards. Shipping does not include VAT as Royal Mail is not VATable.

The checkout then takes the page to PayPal. After logging in, VAT is then charged again on the total sum.

I am confused in that I am not sure why PayPal is doing this. Is the incorrect information being passed to PayPal from CC? Have I incorrectly set up CC or the Business PayPal account?

Thank you in advance.

I'm still having this issue. To recap...

In the cart prior to PayPal using example figures...

Sub: £65.98

VAT: £11.55

Shipping £5.60

Cart Total: 83.13

In PayPal, is ends up as:

Amount: £77.53 GBP

Postage & Packing: £5.60 GBP

VAT: £14.55 GBP (17.500% in United Kingdom)

Total Amount: £97.68 GBP

VAT is added to the total amount again.

I am not sure if it's PayPal not configured correctly, or an error with CubeCart passing on the information incorrectly. ;)

Thanks.