SSL ANYONE???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest archvish

Actually I uninstalled Cubecart as I was unable to access admin page.I reinstalled again.I used your settings but after udating that page when I click other links like shipping ,then I am unable to access it.

the link which comes when I click shipping is http://enticingproducts.co.uk/Store/admin/modules/shipping/

I think this http is creating problem.I don't understand what to do.

Thanks

Guest internetpilot

First, if you're going to enable SSL when you're not positive it's going to work, then you'll need this tool:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?dlcategory=31

This allows you to disable SSL, which will allow you to get access to your admin again so you can make necessary changes to the SSL configuration. This tool may have been included in the v3.0.5 install. I found it in my store root folder renamed to "editcon.fphp". If you find the same thing, just use your FTP program to rename it to "editconf.php", load it in your browser, and you can then disable SSL when you lock up your store again. It's definitely better than reinstalling.

My story with shared SSL is HERE and HERE. You may find something that will help you in those threads.

I never did get it working, despite some much appreciated, special attention from Brooky. The SSL part seems to be working okay now, but I now suffer from empty shopping cart syndrome where there's something not working right with cookies, sessions, whatever. If I disable SSL, the empty shopping cart issue goes away.

Please don't get me wrong -- you may be able to get it working, but it highly depends on your host provider, their shared SSL configuration, etc. To date I have yet to hear from anyone who has CubeCart working in virtual hosting with a shared SSL, so I'm not entirely sure that it can be done. If you really want to get CubeCart up and working quickly, you're probably better off with a dedicated IP# and a dedicated SSL cert. Otherwise, you'll be walking in uncharted territory where you won't be able to get much help.

Good luck and please let us know if you ever do get it working and how, etc.

-- Chris

Guest archvish

My shared SSL is working now but now I am also having the same problem-empty cart.I don't know what to do.I have started a thread for it.Lets see if anyone can help

Guest edgeways

I'm now live and still cannot keep my store on https. My homepage links take the customer to HTTPS mysite/store/url but when the customer logs in they are redirected to HTTP mysite/store/url. I installed CC 3.0.3 with no SSL and then when I upgraded to 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 I enabled the SSL in General Admin.

I thought maybe if I changed the url in Includes/globalinc.php that maybe it would bring things update. (Don't try this at home kids) I was not able to access my store at all after that. Is it possible that I may need to change something in a file(s) that was not changed with upgrade but did not reconfigure after the SSL enable.

I do have a private SSL and a dedicated IP, so the shared thing is not the issue for me.

Guest sunshine

Hi Edgeways,

After the customer logs in via SSL when does it not become secure?

EDIT: I should add, even if a customer is logged in, if they are browsing, it would be normal but the cart would be secure; otherwise shopping through your site in SSL mode will slow it down some.

Guest internetpilot

Edgeways, it sounds to me like you don't have your directories/URLs configured correctly in the SSL section of your General settings. What do you have on those three fields? I've noticed that the only lingering SSL problems seem to be associated with a shared SSL -- you should be working.

-- Chris

Guest edgeways

Sunshine, You have brightened my day.

All of the "Vital" pages are secure and the shoppin pages are not. The only exception is the "Print Order" form. Sorry for the trouble, I'm still very wet behind the ears and as a new business owner, I'm scared to death of scaring my customers away.

My host provider has been misleading. We were told that everything we link to would be secure. Naturally, we thought something was screwy.

-Heather

As for replacing the logo, we like the look of the CC Logo and don't mind promoting CubeCart free of charge. My next battle is to figure out how to add my logo next to the CC Logo.

Guest EverythingWeb

Heather,

Your host saying that everything you link to would be secure: by this they mean that anything under your https:// address *can* be secure.

However, the reason its not doing so, is the CubeCart software is not permitting it to be.

Your host are in essence, correct, in that your whole domain is accessible under the Secure (https) protocol, however they probably don't know the ins-and-outs of CubeCart.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Cheers.

Guest edgeways

It does, thankyou. If the ssl on my shopping pages will slow down my site, I appreciate that CC is set up to only secure what is necessary. This is my first site (very exciting) and I have learned a lot thanks to y'all in the CC forums. Your words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

-Heather

Guest revolvere

Hey,

I've entered in the settings for SSL, but I either must have entered in the wrong settings, or my host hasn't installed the SSL certificate yet. Either way, I now can't log into my admin interface to turn it off. I read in this forum that there was a file I could get off brooky to help me with this? edit.config.php? Should I email brooky and ask for this, or can I download/find it somewhere?

Many thanks for your help guys.

Guest limkimpoh

i have done all the below mentioned and the web seems ok, but there is one big problem, my customers cannot register nor login now !

any advice please ? urgent ....

go to http://www.baoyanbirdnest.com/upload and test what i meant.

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: (Include Trailing Slash) /upload/

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://www.baoyanbirdnest.com/upload

Server SECURE Root Directory:/home/baoyan/public_html/upload

Enable SSL: Yes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gunther3d

Hi all,

I'm kind of at newbie at all this and after reading all these posts I'm absolutely terrified of touching my SSL settings on my own. I just found out that my hosting service only offers shared SSL.

Am I completely screwed??

Is there anyone out there who can walk me thru this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

Guest internetpilot

All you have to do is make sure that you have the editconf.php file available to turn off SSL should you encounter any problems.

Other than that, you may or may not be "screwed" when it comes to shared SSL. I've only seen one person here who reportedly has shared SSL working, and I suspect that he is a host provider so he was able to tweak some things on the host end. No one else has reported successfully running shared SSL with CubeCart. Now, that's not saying there isn't anyone, but they're definitely not hanging out here in the forums to help out us poor people who cannot get CubeCart working on shared SSL! :P

Give it a go. If it breaks the site, use editconf.php to turn SSL off, and you'll be back to square one.

-- Chris

PS - I'm not sure if the shared SSL fixes that are in the freshly released CubeCart v3.0.6 are for shared SSL or not, but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to v3.0.6 anyway.

Just installed CubeCart for the first time. Having the same problems with shared-SSL setup (seems to work once I figured out the correct settings, but shopping carts are always empty, etc.).

On first blush it appears to me that the problem is that this info is stored in a PHP session, and since the shared SSL connection is made on a different machine that session doesn't carry over. I think the usual fix for this situation in other shopping cart apps is to store the cart (and other persistent info) in a cookie file or database table (mimicking the session function in the database via an id in the URL). I haven't really looked into this with CubeCart yet, but it seems as if something like that would be necessary to resolve this situation.

Anyway... I was only messing with shared SSL to see if it worked with CubeCart. We'll be ordering a "real" SSL certificate for this site, so I probably won't bang my head against this particular wall. But I'd be interested to know if I'm on the right track as to the problem, and also if anyone has offered a definitive solution.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a really hair tearing time but finally found this setup worked perfectly:

Secure Server Setup (use editconfig.php)

$config['rootRel_SSL'] /~vomnz/cart/

$config['storeURL_SSL'] https://eagle.oksecure.com/~vomnz/cart

$config['rootDir_SSL'] /home/vomnz/public_html/cart

It seems that where the store is not in the root then it needs the folder name in every entry above.

;)

Guest dashbrookins

I can't get this Shared SSL thing to work either (surprise surprise). I contacted my host Network Solutions three times. They gave me the "Absolute SECURE URL to store" but they were clueless as to what Cube Cart wants by: "Server SECURE Root Directory:" So I did a ton of searching and found this thread: ThreadSSL Thread which I guess the previous post alluded to.

Okay so I followed what the other SSL thread said and then enabled the SSL and still get an error message but this time I get "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are being blocked".

I guess that's better than "No input file selected" which was what I was getting before.

Any suggestions?

-Dash

Guest dashbrookins

Well I would have hoped that with over 1,200 views in the folder there would be someone who knew how to make this shared ssl thing work. My host simply doesn't understand what Cube Cart is looking for since it doesn't seem to be using standard language to ask what it needs. My host even suggested that maybe the cart doesn't work with shared ssl and they promptly suggested that I purchase my own certificate.

Frankly if I have to shell out $129 for my own certificate, $20 a mod for anything extra I want Cube Cart to do (like Coupons or group pricing for wholesalers) then I might as well bite the bullet and pay several hundred dollars for a more sophisticated ecommerce solution that comes with free support. Don't get me wrong. I really do like Cube Cart but the customer that gets Cube Cart does so because they are usually new at ecommerce, have low volume, or limited funds. Then that stands to reason that they didn't shell out $100 for their own ssl certificate and will need SHARED SSL support...or at least something better than "go search in the forums".

So my solution?

Cube Cart (I told you I still like it) and Mals. Maybe another Cube Cart release will have TRUE SHARED SSL support.

-Dash

www.andalusmg.com (won't show the Cube Cart interface until January but you'll see that I use Mals on the back end-I needed a Paypal Pro solution).

• 7 months later...
Guest murph

I am just about to start using cubecart for my client's websites, but this SSL thing has got me worried! I have a vps and plan on getting an SSL certificate for a domain on the same vps (so it will be shared SSL). Because it's on the same server, will this work for me?