My Work Still In Progress

Guest sunshine

Guest sunshine

Hi Everyone,

Site is still being worked on but I think I'm almost there. It was initially gold but between trying to learn - thank you all :lol: and such, got sick of looking it at. Some of the font and a button still need to be larger; other than that, I appreciate your thoughts, opinions, critiques.

My Webpage

Damn nice work bud. You've managed to get rid of the common CC look. Your prices are very good and I might find myself buying from you. The only thing that came to my mind was the mouseover color being too light to read but that might have been your intention. Of course there's the &nbsp in the meta description tag and that tag is way too long anyway. It needs to be at most 18 words. I hope you'll do a Google SiteMap when you get more product. I'd be glad to help you out there for some of your expertise in coding.

Nice job!

Guest sunshine

Hi Roban,

lol Thank you. I didn't realize the meta description was too long. I'd better take a look at what I have there. &nbsp is in the nav too that pulled up a warning for validation, it still passes.

The light on mousover, yeah, that was the intentional but do you think the it's bothersome.

Thanks again for feedback, it really helps :(

sunshine,

I like the layout, it's modern... which of course fits. :)

But I'm a stickler for consistancy. I see at least three different colors of blue on your page. They're not horribly different, but enough to throw the design off.

I like the color you used in the "blu" of the top logo. I think you need to use that color everywhere else. It's hex color code is: #02ccfe (in case you didn't know) ;) I would use that on the text in the welcome box and for your .active mouseover color. The ultra light blue could be very annoying to some people.

The color you're using for your other stuff is #66ccff. It's a very similar shade but lighter. Stick with the #02ccfe. :)

Oh, and your copyright text at the bottom is just barely visible. Not to be a butthead, but that's against the rules of the license agreement. I don't want brooky to have to come and spank you.....and if you want that, please don't tell us. :(

Guest sunshine

Hi */*

Thanks Sir William :) Roban and you gave some good feedback. The changes will be made later today - meta tags, mousover color, consistent blue throughout - I changed the color a few times, by then it was hard for me to tell they were different. :w00t: The copyright color is the same(should be the same) as the other baby blue I used throughout. That was the same color against the old gold. I really like the color so need to figure out how to incorporate it. I'm not live yet and don't have my copyright there either but if I knew how, it would be the same color as Brooky's anyway. Well besides that, once 3.05 is installed and the gateways go up I'll be purchasing the license. Brooky's name will stay, I'm just going to drop the version.

Very nice and clean, i like it very much. :w00t:

Something is missing but i cant pin point it :)

In a modern home you put an item thats is old, on a white wall you hang a picture just to break the monotony. Sorry cant express it any better but i hope you understand what i mean. :lol:

Guest sunshine

Something is missing but i cant pin point it 

Hi Vrakas, lol...products :w00t:

In a modern home you put an item thats is old, on a white wall you hang a picture just to break the monotony. Sorry cant express it any better but i hope you understand what i mean.

Interesting comment. I will definately take some time to think this through. I think somewhere in the beginning when it was initially gold, subconsciously that could have been the reason I chose it. I hope though, with the varying styles of products that will be offered, they help to complete the message. Please let me know if determine what's missing or could be done. :lol:

***Just One Man's Opinion...

Perosnally, I base my opinion of a site, and my decision whether to shop there or not [partly at least], on how the site looks.

An "attractive" site has more chance of getting my business than a bland site.

Your site, unfortunately, in my opinion falls into the latter category.

It is bland.

It is missing graphical elements.........color........life!

I respectfully submit that if you wish to a) attract customers, and b ) entice customers to buy, that you should liven up the site. Add some pictures........add some color. [And not just product images. I think you would be stretching it if you were to rely on product images to add that touch of life.]

JMHO

Guest sunshine

Hi PhantomMenace,

Thank you for giving me feedback. :P Yes, my site is bland right now. I'll be adding 'Free Shipping' 'gift icons' pics, stuff like that. Is there something else you suggest? :w00t: Don't want to add flash.

Don't want to add flash.

As a dial-up user.......I am very glad to hear that! lol

I absolutely abhor sitting there and waiting for some darn flash animation to load because some idiot thought it was cool! :w00t:

I would suggest a simple [read "fast-loading"] background image perhaps.....something understated.

Also [don't ask me why, it just occurs to me that it might look better], might I suggest making your box titles a bold font?

Guest sunshine

Hi Phantom Menace,

How about blue instead of bold? I did it accidentally before then lost it. For the life of me now, I'm getting into every other code but ;)

Hi sunshine,

Here's my opinion and some suggestions, I'm a graphic artist so my opinion is based soley on the look of your site.

The wordmark looks good, my only suggestion with that would be to change the color of "Real life living" to a dark 70% grey. The index page as a whole has too much white space and is unbalanced. You need to either move more tables into the right column or move the shopping cart box over in the left column, take out the right column and make the center column go clear over to the right side. Adding a grey border on the page surround box will help anchor things, right now they look like they are floating. For the box titles, I think a dark grey background with white text would look best. Your rollover colors are too light, I would save the tourquiose color for that. And also change your bullets to tourquise filled disks (circles) too, that would give little accents of that color on the page without being overwhelming. Rollovers for most of your buttons: examples- "buy" and "more" from the catagory pages are different sizes than the original so they 'jump' when rolled over-- and are too light, again I would use the tourquise color. I like Login, Register, and the sitedocs being the tourquise color, but I'd have the rollover/hover color be the dark grey. By making those changes I think it would greatly improve the look of the site.

Good luck, you've done a good job so far. You might want to check out the tips page on my site. I find my "notes" helpful when I am building a skin.

Jen :w00t: