This Web site Rocks!

Guest Princecrew

Guest Princecrew

Hey Brooky, Is this site a content managment site? Did you write it yourself? Can I ask these questions here?

I don't want to be rude or out of place, and if these questions are out of line (none of my business) then please just delete this post and you will answer my question.

However, This is a really nice site. It has everything that I am looking for in a web site; discussion boards, download section, easy menus, ease of use, search, support section, and best of all the ability for users to log in to it only once to use all the features. I would really like to get a hold of a site with all of these features. Thanks in advance for consideration of these questions.

Princecrew

I'm going to hazard a guess and say no. The forum is Invision Power Board, the bug system is FlySpray (not on the same login BTW). I haven't played with the ticketing system, so I dunno about it. I'd say that brooky built most of it himself by tieing other web apps together around his central site. He then worked with the skins of each to achieve a more unified look/feel.

I agree that it all works very well. I run a site with as much or more traffic and more content. I'm working on migrating more parts of it together and getting it to be more unified. And let me tell you, it is NOT an easy or fun project. It's been ongoing for a year or more and I'm still not done. Running a one-man-show is a LOT more work than the vast majority realize. For that, my hat's off to Mr. Brookbanks.

Thankfully, I have 20+ moderators, a VERY qualified Super Moderator and a Vice President to hold down the fort when I'm not around. :P

The site is for the Thunderbird and Cougar Club of America - http://www.tccoa.com/

I founded the club several years ago and it's been growing ever since. I'm doing around 2.5 million page views a month. Maybe one of these days it'll make a dollar or two. :P

Yeah, I know the design needs LOTS of help. Anybody who wants to offer up some volunteer designing, feel free. :D

BTW, you can see my car here: http://www.turbothunderbird.com/ (yeah, one day I'll finish it too)

:w00t: