Upgrading.. Store is Screwed!

That has nothing to do with your upgrade...UNLESS you wrote over your config.inc.php file which contains your database access credentials.

It's either that or there are server problems. :w00t:

You are correct.. I overwrote the 'global.inc.php' file. ;)

And I had no backup of this file.. I tried manually entering some of the stuff, but am getting error pages, and I cannot access the admin panel.

Here is what I put in:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'blahblahname';

$glob['dbhost'] = '16.5.4.1';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'password';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'blahblahname';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'airplanereplicas.com';

?>

This is the store: www.airplanereplicas.com

As you can see there is an error message at the top.. Any idea what's wrong? (I have uploaded all files to the server - double checked).

Guest jeromas

Assuming your config file is correct, if you have shell access to start the mySQL daemon, try this command at the shell prompt:

host:~user$ sudo safe_mysqld

And then of course enter your password that allows you to execute commands as a superuser.

I've had the same error before, and that fixed it. I don't remember the source of the error however..

I uploaded all files as per instructions, then put in the 'upgrade.php' file, and hit submit.. only to get this message:

"MySQL Error Occured

2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)"

And in the meantime, my site no longer works.. Any suggestions??

That has nothing to do with your upgrade...UNLESS you wrote over your config.inc.php file which contains your database access credentials

You are correct.. I overwrote the 'global.inc.php' file

;) Do we have to save both "config.inc.php" & "global.inc.php" or just "gloabal.inc.php" as the uprade txt file says?????

;) Do we have to save both "config.inc.php" & "global.inc.php" or just "gloabal.inc.php" as the uprade txt file says?????

I couldn't find a config.inc.php file.. I think he was reffering just to the global which I overwrote..

I have tried manaually to fill in the info, but am getting TONS of error messages everywhere.. Any help?

On the front page I get:

Warning: opendir(airplanereplicas.com/language): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/content/1/2/3/747/html/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 41

And the admin section is all garbled up too.