V3.0.5 Admin E-Mail Fix in HERE!

Guest ColeFlournoy

Ok, that makes sense... So the order of events are like:

1. Customer adds products and clicks checkout

2. Customer registers and goes to payment window

3. Customer is sent e-mail that the order is complete and payment verification is underway

4. Customer enters payment info and completes order (or just closes the window and doesn't pay)

5. (If paid) Customer is sent another e-mail stating that payment has clear and order will be shipped out asap.

With this though, what are the two seperate e-mail files that I modify to say exactly what I want?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bikeman

My absolutely fundamental problem is that I dont actually use CubeCart! Ironic isn't it?

mmmmm ironic? sensible? maybe you need to use it!

There seems to be a lot more issues in CC3 than there ever was in CC2. Fundamental problems in operation that previously worked in CC2 seem to be commonplace. Several issues I recognise were highlighted during beta but apparently ignored. How can this happen?

Guest limkimpoh

hello guys, how are you ? I got a small question here i need some assistance please.

I download the email fix and patch it, everything works fine for me, except a small problem, the email my customers get is in USD, by default i presume even though they have selected to view and pay thier orders in, say, singapore dollars. I have enabled the pay in multiple currencies options in the admin page, my question now is there any way to link the print order form to the email my customers get ?

E.g if my customers choose to view and pay in singapore dollars, the email they received should all be in SGD, and not in SGD for print order form and USD in email, this confuses them a lot, especially the elderly customers.

Thank you so much for your attention. :P

Guest estelle

whats the "pay in multiple currencies" setting that you're talking about?

I was under the impression that everything is actually done in the default currency, so the customer always has to pay in the default currency (but some gateways eg PayPal will convert the amount if their funds are in a different currency). Its just that when shopping they can *view* different currencies.

Guest ColeFlournoy

Ok, that makes sense... So the order of events are like:

1. Customer adds products and clicks checkout

2. Customer registers and goes to payment window

3. Customer is sent e-mail that the order is complete and payment verification is underway

4. Customer enters payment info and completes order (or just closes the window and doesn't pay)

5. (If paid) Customer is sent another e-mail stating that payment has clear and order will be shipped out asap.

With this though, what are the two seperate e-mail files that I modify to say exactly what I want?

Hey guys -- any answers to my request?

Guest estelle

The emails are stored in the language file. Just have a search through.

Be careful with the %s things.... variables will be inserted into those positions.

Guest limkimpoh

pay in multiple currencies.. if a customer chooses to view the page in USD, and checks out, print order form shows USD. if AUD, it shows AUD, if GBP, shows GBP, etc .... but the email customer gets only displays USD, the default currency.

how can i edit to make the email to display like what the feature in CC is doing, displaying what the customer chooses the currency he is browsing in ?

Guest estelle

Ahh, okay. If you look in modules/Print_Order_Form/orderForm.php, there's a few lines related to currencies:

// get exchange rates etc override users curency if need be

if($module['multiCurrency']==0){

$ccUserData[0]['currency'] = $config['defaultCurrency'];

}

include_once("../../../includes/currencyVars.inc.php");

I think you'd want to edit includes/orderSuccess.inc.php, where Sir William's email fix is, and perhaps do something similar. But you'll have to look into it...

Estelle.

Guest Lorissia

I've tried the email fix in this thread and I'm very confused because it doesn't work, the original files don't work. Here's my information:

CubeCart Version: 3.0.5 (Upgraded)

PHP Version: 4.3.11 Number of Products: 24

MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard Number of Customers: 2

Image upload folder size: 460 KB Number of Orders: 4

Server Software: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Client Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

I've upgraded cubecart over a period time from 3.0 all the way to 3.05

Each upgrade has had it's share of problems, but emails haven't had a problem until 3.05

I don't get any admin emails, and customer doesn't get emails.

I am not using SSL

I've tried both mail() and SMTP choices

I've tried both Paypal standard and Paypal IPN choices (I've enabled IPN on my paypal account when I chose IPN in cubecart)

I've checked the email address in Admin and it is correct

Emails don't go out when order is marked pending

Emails don't go out when order is manually marked as processing (Yes, inform customer box is check when this status is changed)

It makes no difference if the customer pays via Paypal or Postal order form. (these are the only two options accepted)

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Buttercup

I may as well add my pen'orth as I sit here weeping quietly!

Everything works beautifully except the order confirmation to the customer - they get zilch from the site - just the payment confirmation from nochex/paypal.

Admin gets an email

order status emails work...

Hmmmm

Debs

:wacko:

Hi Debs

Well I’m blue in the face for asking about this problem. :wacko: I feel ignored!

Maybe part of the reason some CC’ers will have this problem if they haven’t set-up email correctly! But as you and myself have pointed out email is fine in all other aspects just the automatic Customer email is a FLOP!

FYI: One of my 1st posts on the subject:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....topic=11710&hl=

Good luck!

Jabba, the reason you're not getting answers is that it WORKS for most everybody else. My customers all get e-mails. If I can reproduce your problem, I can't find your answer. That goes for all of us. We've gone over things to check time and time again. I'm not sure why you're having problems....and without going over all the settings and even the code on your site, I may never know what's wrong. Please don't think I'm trying to be negative or a jerk about things, but you need to know where we stand on it.

:wacko:

Jabba, the reason you're not getting answers is that it WORKS for most everybody else.  My customers all get e-mails.  If I can reproduce your problem, I can't find your answer.  That goes for all of us.  We've gone over things to check time and time again.  I'm not sure why you're having problems....and without going over all the settings and even the code on your site, I may never know what's wrong.  Please don't think I'm trying to be negative or a jerk about things, but you need to know where we stand on it.

:w00t:

Thanx for the reply Sir Will

I guess if it WORKS for mostly everyone else then this must be a problem either with my install! And the others that have reported the same problem!

One of my posts did ask for a complete list of installed Files and Folders and perhaps something like a CRC check per file so I could tell what if any files were different or even missing?

Is there anything like this available as a CC tool?

As I am a novice with php could you please tell everyone what are the Files that handle the Customer email process or even better the line numbers as well so I can look at these myself in hope to find a solution?

Thanx for looking into this but without the feedback on this specific problem I wasn’t to know anyone was looking into it in any detail! And I am desperate to get this working as are other CC'ers. My site will not be using any other payment system apart from Postal Order!

Plus the bug reports I did find didn’t list any details on this problem.

I think the assumption might have been from my and other CC’ers posts on this problem is what the heck have these guys done wrong! But I had a clean install and all other email options work 100%

I was hoping to see Ver. 3.0.6 last week from Brooky! But I think I’ll try a Ver. 5 install and test that!

So it would seem from my interpretation from your “stand on it†is that no further looking into this problem?

BUT; Any help on the files and code that get automatic Customer emails moving would be appreciated?

Otherwise I’m looking for a very small needle in many large haystacks!

The only jerk is me, as I don’t know enough about PHP! LOL… ;)

Guest timecrisis

;) :w00t:

I have email probs too...It is too complicated to recreate and makes my head hurt..and question the meaning of life...

So I have been waiting for the new version...anyone heard any news on it.. 3.0.6?

Guest estelle

timecrisis - From looking at the code, the admin email fix by Sir William has been included in 3.0.6 (although it has been modified slightly), and no changes have been made to the customer emails.

Guest timecrisis

Hi Estelle,

Thanks for the reply..

1: Does that mean customers don't recieve an order email even tho they have paid?

2: Does this rely on an IPN set up sending data to the DB?

Sorry I am still installing 3.0.6 right now to test but we have ligtening over here and my connection keeps on going down (if lightening can be to blame?!)

:unsure: