V3.0.5 Admin E-Mail Fix in HERE!

Hi it means the store administrator get the email once per order number.

The state needs to change to processing for the customer to get it.  :(

Hi

What about Automatic Customer email after orders are placed Brooky?

My customer requires the Postal Order option only!!

The email that should automatically be sent to Customers from CC after placing an order!

Mine and many others you can see in this thread it doesn't work for!

For me all my other email functionality in CC 3.0.4 is working apart from Customer Order email confirmation.

Possibly Register and Mailing list but that’s less important to me.

I reported it as a bug and it was closed by you as Duplicate Alread fixed in 3.0.6 before V3.0.6 was released!

I requested it be reopened but haven't heard back from you guys as yet.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/?do=details&id=417

Can you please confirm if this function is going to be fixed and an idea when as I need to launch my 1st site in about a week and without it the I will not have a happy customer!

Thanx in advance for a reply on this.

:unsure:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, perhaps I'm being overly anal here, but if you take your customer to a screen to PRINT OUT, they don't NEED confirmation until you receive that printed sheet in the mail. THEN you change the status and they get confirmation that you have received and are processing their order. This is NOT complicated.

Now, with that said to help explain the reason it's setup like it is, I'll look into what it would take to send an order confirmation on the Print Order Form. I just wanted you all to know that it is a design feature and NOT a bug or a mistake.

:unsure:

Well great news that you’re gonna take a look at an automatic email notification for the Print Order form. :w00t:

My tuppence worth:

There are going to be several reasons many CC’ers are going to go a little ape over this one!

My opinion for what it’s worth “cough†is that if you have functionality in a previous version of software and that Feature is removed people will notice! They will notice it more if they were actually using that feature be it perhaps not as intended but nevertheless as part of the way they have been able to use it previously!

Automatic Customer email using the Print Order form after all works in Ver. 2.0.1 etc…!

Communicating any change of functionality per versions should I think be carefully recorded and published as a reference to avoid confusion.

Perhaps this is already done!

I did post a lot on this subject including the Bug section but it was said “that it WORKS for most everybody else.†And “Alread fixed in 3.0.6â€

I’m not pointing this out to BUG anybody but it does highlight a comms breakdown or just plain old misunderstanding I guess.

Anyway the important thing is that some of us can spend a little less time posting and a little more time drinking, ooops working I mean!

Looking forward to the Mod! Happy to implement a quick fix until a more permanent solution can be put together!

Cheers :P

Guest limkimpoh

So I got rid of that admin e-mail and built a new admin e-mail in the gateway.inc.php file. The old admin mail was sent early in the process before any of the order details had really been processed. Instead, I build and send the message after the order has already been inserted into the database. By doing this, all features of the order are listed including all products, options, etc.

So, are there any ways for us to receive an email in the EXACT format as what the customers get in the Print Order Form ? The reason being, it could be used later as a packing slip because the feature "Print Packing Slip" in administration displays all orders in USD only, the defaulted currency, regardless of what currencies the customers have chosen to view and pays in and i can't change the default because of Paypal you see, Paypal don take singapore dollars .....

My main concern here is the word "Exact", i need to receive an exact replica of the print order form as what the customer gets after the confirmation...

Thanks for your attention.

Guest chaleepas

Hey, thanks for the email fix, it appears to be working great. I am new to cubecart, and I too noticed that a copy of the initial order does not get sent to the customer, is there a way to add a variable or something for a cc to the customer when the order gets placed? Even that would be better than nothing. The more automated the better in my book.

I did see that they get a notice when the order status changes if admin checks the box to request it, so that's cool.

Keep up the great work. I love how modular this is, being a newbie even I was able to set up my own "Customer Pick-Up" Mod in shipping... NICE!

Guest chaleepas

I am using a customer pick up only version at this time, so they must print out the order form, it appears that this is the only case in which the customer does not get an email confirmation. Oh Well...

Guest eveoldfield

Well my head hurts after reading this forum... */*

I have upgraded to 3.0.5 and added Sir Williams e-mail fix and am too still having e-mail issues.

I have tried everything I can think of but my problem is as following (and seems to be similar to others peoples problems):

- when an order is made there is no admin e-mail sent

- however when the order status is changed a customer e-mail is sent

I have tried different admin e-mail addresses, mail and smtp.

I am using paypal.

I'm not expecting an answer with a solution here! Just thought I'd add to the general confusion of this forum!!!

Sitting waiting to see if this can be solved, or I'll be compulsively checking my admin site for new orders for the rest of my life, ahhhhhhh

Eve

http://www.artbodyandsoul.co.uk/store

Sir William Posted: Oct 16 2005, 01:09 PM   

Man I hate finding bugs in my work. I left out one stinkin period! Anyway guys, on line 113 of /includes/content/gateway.inc.php the assignment needs to concatenated, not strictly assigned.

So instead of this:

CODE 

$prodtext = sprintf($lang['front']['gateway']['admin_email_body_4'],

$basket['invArray'][$i+1]["name"]);

It needs to read this:

CODE 

$prodtext .= sprintf($lang['front']['gateway']['admin_email_body_4'],

Sir William, sorry but I can't see any correction

Guest estelle

Can you spot it now? ;)

ricx - the email is only sent to the customer if the order is set to Processing. I.e. if payment is successfully received through an online payment gateway. If you are using the Print Order Form the emails are not sent (until you receive payment, update the status to Processing, and click on the Click Here text).

Estelle.

Can you spot it now? :w00t:

ricx - the email is only sent to the customer if the order is set to Processing. I.e. if payment is successfully received through an online payment gateway. If you are using the Print Order Form the emails are not sent (until you receive payment, update the status to Processing, and click on the Click Here text).

Estelle.

Hmm, is there no possible way that a costumer gets an email when they make a order ? Im not using any gateway to pay online, because they pay cash when they come to the store.

Guest estelle

There is no functionality build into CubeCart to do this. But you could post in the Request A Mod forum and you might be able to find a modder willing to develop it for you :w00t:

sir w, you have saved my life, this sorted not only my email problem, but quite mysteriously another problem where the orders section of the admin pages wasnt showing the order status.

i can now go and watch eastenders and be happy, thank you. :wacko:

Guest timecrisis

I am using a customer pick up only version at this time, so they must print out the order form, it appears that this is the only case in which the customer does not get an email confirmation. Oh Well...

Hmm..Well i think someone pointed out that if they print the order form why do they need an email?

But I can see that maybe some people don't have a printer etc...

This may have been changed in 3.0.6 but the urge to play counterstrike has taken me so you will have to check for yourself... :wacko:

I have version 3.06.

Emails to customer work when status is changed, admin does NOT receive emails.

When an order is placed (I have worldpay set up) the cusotmer recieves an email with the order number in the subject. ie "051123-173828-9875", but there is nothign in the email body.

They also then recieve the standard worldpy confirmaiton emails...

Admin email does not receive an order confirmation when the order is made.

HELP!!!! have checked at these fixes, but seems they are included in the 3.06 i have, so I have a new bug.

Guest badduck

I have also the problem with the e-mail confirmation to customers. ;)

cant someone help us and let us know what to change in the code so it will send a copy to customers of the order they've made. :w00t:

Guest bikeman

Hi it means the store administrator get the email once per order number.

The state needs to change to processing for the customer to get it.  ;)

1. With Sir Williams fix the admin gets an email which gives details of the order. For me the fix was still required to be added manually even to 3.0.6.

2. When the payment gateway has processed the payment, the callback sends the customer to confirmed.php, empties the cart and changes the state from pending to processing. This change of state kicks off an email to the customer with the order number as the subject line. Unfortunately the email is empty - no order details nothing. Very confusing for the customer.

This can't be design intent surely?

Have tried the fix and looked through the code, the fix hasn't allowed me to receive admin emails, and looking through the code changes made seem to have been included in 3.0.6, so I am unsure for the reasons for this.

Obviously there are others who are worried about this email, would like to see a fix. It is a concern that customers get blank emails. As for the admin side, i get a confirmation from worldpay anyway.

Guest timecrisis

Hmm, The email saga continues...

I am using 3.0.6,

The admin is recieving emails OK and the order status's are being updated OK by WorldPay and or PayPal.

The only issue I have is blank emails going to the customer....

wibble wibble

:(

Guest estelle

For everyone who uses the Print Order Form gateway, I am writing a mod/fix so that a confirmation email will be sent to the customer when they choose this gateway. This email will include information about the possible payment options (cheque/card/bank transfer).

Thread Here.

Note: this will *not* fix any current issues with the Worldpay gateway, or with customers receiving blank emails, etc.

Estelle.

Guest timecrisis

Hi Estelle,

That mod will be handy for me.

I still have an issue with blank customer emails. Does anyone know if this is the same issue as "The Worldpay issue"?

Can anyone tell me what the Worldpay issue is and also if it is known what causes the blank emails in 3.0.6?

Sorry if I am missing something..This is due to me missing something.

:lol:

Thanks as always!