Free Shipping over a specified value

Name: freeship1.0.zip

Version: 1.0

Author: ryandelany

Short Description: Free Shipping over a specified value

Long Description:

This mod allows you to offer Free Shipping if your customer purchases more than a specified dollar value. It also allows you to enable/disable the feature from the Admin interface, and specify the dollar value from the admin interface. Documentation includes all necessary installation instructions.

[Download File]

Guest roby2003

HI,

I added everything in the script except the SQL databases as i dont know how to.

I logged in myphpadmin and how do i add these lines there?

ALTER TABLE `$dbname`.`$prefixstore_config` ADD `free_ship` CHAR(1) DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL AFTER `sale`, ADD `freeshipamount` DECIMAL(10,2) DEFAULT '0.00' NOT NULL AFTER `free_ship`

Sorry i am newbee and have no idea about these databases. But i do see a free ship in my admin, but when i turn it on it doesnt work.I guess i need to create the new dbnames lik eyou suggested. Can yu please tell me as to how i can add these 2 new fields with phpmyadmin?

Thanks

Guest ryandelany

When you are logged in to phpmyadmin, scroll down until you see a text box labeled:

Run SQL query/queries on database <databasename>

The <databasename> will be different depending on your setup. In any event, copy and paste the code below into that text box, replacing $dbname and $prefix with your actual values (the $dbname will be the same as <databasename> above, and the $prefix will be something you selected when you installed Cubecart. If you didn't select one, then just delete $prefix altogether) and hit the Go button. You should see a message indicating that it was successful.

Good luck!

Ryan

Guest roby2003

I did what you suggested but now i am getting this error.

MySQL said:

Duplicate column name 'free_ship'

How can i fix this plz.

Thanks

Guest qdpie.com

If it says dup column name. The field already exists. You shouldn't need to add it. If you want to change it. You need to find it in phpmyadmin and drop or delete it. There should be an option to drop fields.

Guest roby2003

if the field already exists shouldnt the script work when i turn it on from my admin?

At present it doezsnty work even if i turn it on.

Thanks

Guest ryandelany

roby,

There is no other way to do it since you have to make the change to the database for it to work.

My suggestion would be to use phpmyadmin and drop (delete) the free_ship and freeshipamount, and then run the script again. Once that completes successfully, take a look at the table and see if there are any values in those two fields.

When you look at the General -> Settings page, is the No button selected and does it have a value of 0.00 in the Free Ship Amount field?

If that is the case, then you might not have made the other changes correctly. If you want, I can send you the already changed CubeCart files and you can drop those in. Keep in mind that the files I have are straight from the download and don't have any other mods made to them. If you have made other changes to those files, you will lose the changes.

Let me know if you are interested in that and I will zip them up and send them to you.

Ryan

Guest ryandelany

roby,

You can download the zip file here.

Please post here if you still have more questions. These files were created with the standard files pulled from the latest CubeCart 2.0.1 download package. If you have other mods in these files, you will lose them if you overwrite with these files.

Good luck!

Ryan

Guest ryandelany

srgoods,

You do not add a new table, you add two rows to the store_config table. The location doesn't really matter, I only recommended the location I did so that it fits logically into the table. It doesn't really matter where the rows are though (beginning, middle, end) as long as they are in the store_config table.

Good luck!

Ryan

• 1 year later...