Double row of catagories in Killer skin

Guest sachie

Hi all,

I did a search for this but could not find anything related.

Is it possible to add a second row of catagories in the Killer skin?

I need this because I have quite a few catagories to add and they will make the page very wide.

Thanks in advance

Sachie

With some coding, yes it is definitely possible. You have to create a new class in layout.css, plus new versions of categories.php, viewcat.php, changing the names to something like categories1.php, etc and then incuding them in your index.tpl. Then there's the admin area to add it to so you can add categories and products. A bit of work. Definitely not a freebie.

Thanks Alex your a star mate!

I would offer money but the site hasn't yet launched but once it does I'll be sure to remember you for helping me out.

Thanks

Sachie

Hi Alex,

I might be an idiot vut I am currently getting this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT cat_id FROM store1_CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id

----------

QUERY = SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM store1_CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id in (SELECT cat_id FROM store1_CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0) ORDER BY cat_name

----------

Don't suppose younow whats causing the error. Is the mod compatible with 3.04?

Cheers

Sachie

I promise I didn't stole it, I JUST downloaded it when the link was there ;) but I want to download it again as there is some compatibility issue :)

So plz bring the link back goober ;)

Yunus

Hi goober,

Installed the mod and all working now. All I need to do now is sort out my sub catagories.

Thanks again goober its really appreciated.

Sachie

Hi goober,

just one thing....

As I have the same sub catagories for each of the main catagories. Is it posible to have the mod for the second row only to look at one of the main catagories to get the second row?

Cheers

Sachie

btw my site is here:

I'm just wondering if the parent catagory id can be coded into the catagories.inc.php file for the second row. So that it only pulls sub catagories from that id rather than all of them. I have tried a few thing but not had any luck. Mind you I am a complete newbie whenit comes to php.

Could you reccommend a good book to start learning?

cheers

sachie

I'm just wondering if the parent catagory id can be coded into the catagories.inc.php file for the second row. So that it only pulls sub catagories from that id rather than all of them. I have tried a few thing but not had any luck. Mind you I am a complete newbie whenit comes to php.

Could you reccommend a good book to start learning?

cheers

sachie

Sachie,

just replace the second row query statement on line 78 with this

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

Replace the 0 with the id of any category that would be used to pull subcategories for second row.

/Goober

• 3 weeks later...
Guest speak2stv

Hey, Goober.

I have two categories that have sub-categories. If I say, "WHERE cat_father_id in ($father_cats)", I get all the sub-categories. However, I'd rather have the subcategories display only when the main category is pressed (similar to a drop down box).

For example, in my case, if "Breads" is pressed, I'd like to have the second category show on the 2nd line with the sub-categories/types of breads. Same thing for a different sub-category, "Empanadas." If I have both subcategories showing at the same time, it gets confusing. :wacko:

Any ideas how to go about setting this up? Am I missing something?

Example: www.bakery1.com

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-speak2stv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I did a search for this but could not find anything related.

Is it possible to add a second row of catagories in the Killer skin?

I need this because I have quite a few catagories to add and they will make the page very wide.

Thanks in advance

Sachie

Hi all,

I just created, and uploaded to the downloads section, a new take on the double row of categories mod for the "Killer" skin.

This new mod will break up the top level categories on two rows. The mod has a variable that can be set to control the number of tabs for the first row with the rest of the tabs going to the second row.

The mod is available in the "Downloads" section of this forum or on my website here

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

/Goober

Hi Goober

I am using the Killer skin mod that display top level categories in the top row and second level categories in the second row (ur first mod). It is working fine !

BUT

When I select other skin "Classic or Legend" the top level categories are vanished, only Home Page is displayed at the left Shop by Category box, any help ? using CC v3.0.6

Regards

Yunus