Promotional Products

Guest Chell

Well, we are ready to go live and would love some feedback. We still have a little work to do on our Lanyards, which should be done either Monday or Tuesday. But besides that......... if you notice anything we'd love to hear about it.

I'd like to thank you all who have helped me so far, and for the rest of you....... I'd like to Thank in advance.

And with that said..... Let me have it!!!!!!!....lol

www.InComPromotions.com

Thanks,

Chell

I would really like to hear what you think of our website!!! Good or Bad!!!! :):o:Dwww.InComPromotions.com...........Products that Promote

Guest jeromas

Very nice looking site. I like how it is layed out. The only things I could suggest would be to have logos on the front page indicating what types of payment you take (Visa, MC, Paypal, etc) and brief text descriptions for your latest products instead of just a price. Got to get people excited about the newest additions to your store. Also, while your store logo says it fairly well, a brief description on the page of what your products are for or what they can do for your customer would make it much clearer.

Overall, very impressive.

Thanks for the input, great information, it really helps,

Today we are implementing some of your ideas and also working on the meta tags.

Thanks again!!!

Any more ideas or suggestions Please let me know!! B):D :w00t:

Ok, I have added Meta tags and description but having problems with the Latest Products. Oh, and I still need to add payment options.

I have not been able to add descriptions to the Latest Products box. I have searched the forums and found a few other people looking for the same thing but no solutions.

Can anyone help???????????????????

www.InComPromotions.com

Also, If you notice anything else........please give it to me......good or bad

Thanks, Chell :rolleyes:;) :blink:

HELP!!!!!!

Our store went live a week ago, we've paid a marketing guy to do his thing, I've set up meta tag keywords, but still not getting any business. I have even listed with several search engines.

Am I missing something?? Is there something more or better I should be doing??

Please help...................

www.InComPromotions.com

Guest jbdancer

Our store went live a week ago, we've paid a marketing guy to do his thing, I've set up meta tag keywords, but still not getting any business. I have even listed with several search engines.

It takes some time to get listed and have some orders

Jbdancer is right. It takes about 6 months for a store to get traffic but you can do a couple of things to help your case.

1. A Google Site Map

2. Backlinks

3. Froogle

4. Optimize your keywords and content Your title is not great and neither are your keywords: advertising specialties, corporate gifts , custom logo, customized merchandise, give aways, imprinted merchandise, incentive, logo items, logo merchandise, marketing products, mugs, personalized gifts, personalized pens, premiums, products, promo, promotional, promotional gifts, promotional giveaways, promotional items, promotional products, promotions, specialty advertising, tradeshow giveaways , tradeshow items, pens, lanyards

They don't have much to do with what a SE spider sees when they spider your site. Your main content lacks...well, CONTENT.

You can do much better!

I like you CC skin very much. Nice & neat, and not many people dress them out in shades of gray. A great design in many ways.

One criticism, you need to translate all the different languages if you're going to have the language dropdown in such a prominent position, IMO.

Do you still wish to have the product description appear in latest products? This can be accomplished by minor editing of three files . . .

Guest andytoys

Can someone explain why sitemaps are so important?

I can see why they are important if you have a load of unconnected pages but surely if all your pages are linked together the 'spider' will discover all your pages without a site map?

Second question: What's the easiest way to generate a sitemap file? Are there any online tools?

Site Maps are important because:

1. when you make one you will also find broken links

2. spiders don't always index your whole site, especially images ('alt' tags are important)

3. spiders don't go as deep as as you'd like when following links

There are many online site mappers but none that I have tried (and I've tried them all) will give you a useable map that you can use as a map page. (they are free after all)

Trellian makes one as does CoffeeCup but they will also map sessions and you don't want that.

I use a program that is developed to submit Google maps and filters all the badies. I keep this under my hat because I make money with it.

There is a free program called Xenu that will follow all the links on your site and point out the bad ones.

Do you still wish to have the product description appear in latest products? This can be accomplished by minor editing of three files . .

Yes, I'd still like to have this done. Can you help??

Guest mr. visual

Hi Chell,

You have a nice layout and it works well for your products. Roban makes some great points in getting your site listed on search engines and building traffic. Link exchanges have been working really well for me too.

As for the pop unders...

Well when I viewed your site the first time (about a week ago) I spent a few minutes searching through your products and browsing around. This evening I saw your link on the home page and clicked it again since I didn't recognize the URL. As soon as I saw the pop under spawn I immediately closed your site and wouldn't think about viewing it again.

I personally abhor pop-ups. When I visit any site that uses them I close the window and have no interest in returning.

In my honest opinion I think the pop unders will do more harm for your site than good. I know that it may be a possible revenue stream but I would look to other forms of advertising within your site instead of "behind" it.

My two cents. ;)

This evening I saw your link on the home page and clicked it again since I didn't recognize the URL. As soon as I saw the pop under spawn I immediately closed your site and wouldn't think about viewing it again.

Well I am a little confused about this comment because we have not yet added any pop-unders or pop-ups to our site. Only considering it.

I think you were looking at someone eles's site and not mine.

Chell

www.InComPromotions.com

Do you still wish to have the product description appear in latest products? This can be accomplished by minor editing of three files . .

Yes, I'd still like to have this done. Can you help??

Following is quoted from this thread:

Ooops! I just noticed, you wrote "along with description and price."

I have done this also, but there are more changes required. In includes/boxes/randomProd.inc.php

FIND around line 49:

$randProd= $db->select("SELECT name, image, productId FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ".$whereClause." ORDER BY RAND(".$seed.") LIMIT 1");

REPLACE with:

$randProd= $db->select("SELECT name, image, productId, price, sale_price, description FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ".$whereClause." ORDER BY RAND(".$seed.") LIMIT 1");

(added after productId     , price, sale_price, description)

FIND around line 63:

$box_content->assign("PRODUCT_NAME",$randProd[0]['name']);

ADD AFTER:

$box_content->assign("TXT_DESCRIPTION",$randProd[0]['description']);

NOW, you can use {TXT_DESCRIPTION} in your randomProd.tpl to place the description.

• 2 weeks later...

pop ups and pop unders are A n O y I n G ! People dont like them, and music is another thing is a page greats me with pop anythings I <ALT><F4> the windows and leave the sight for good, if it is poping stuff then who knows what else there is lerking and I realy get tired of cleaning up spyware, malware,scumware,adware,etc... I have to do it all the time for my customers and I dont want to have to do it for myself... you might ask why the hell is he ranting about spywhere when all I asked was about popups etc... well many of those popups have that junk in them, perhaps your dont and wont, but many do, so I take no chances, and the general public I belive dislikes pop-anythings... I know I though it was realy cool the first time I made a popup and it was just a simple do you want to bookmark my site, but I noticed on the sites where I added the popup users started to not return... years later, I understand...