Product options + Stock Level

Guest dunkirk

It would be great to see someone develoope this aswell as the other product options mod where you can click a link and options for that item pop-up...

Please someone create both... Im too lazy to have ago myself... :P ...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - I'd love this mod. At present I have to manually remove the option when I notice we have sent the last one out. Sometimes this involves chaning the price! ;)

We have products avaibale in various colours and sizes, customer request specifically which they want, listing each product 10 times over would make site look very messy!

Guest digilution

:w00t: Yes I also would like the option as one of my products come in different colours and if one colour sells out I cant have a sold out option for that colour where I would still have stock of the other colours ;)

Guest estelle

I've started planning the design, but I need to work on some other things so this one won't be ready for a couple of weeks or perhaps longer. But its underway, slowly but surely :)

Guest Denver Dave

How will this mod work? Will a separate product code and stock level be assigned (perhaps optionally) for each product/ option1 / option2 ? How will prices work?

There is a difference between options that are really optional - addons and options that are really product attributes or specifications like color, size, etc. (some products must have a color and size).

Are there any other shopping carts that handle product attributes and stock levels that we could review for ideas?

Guest estelle

Are there any other shopping carts that handle product attributes and stock levels that we could review for ideas?

Already done :)

How will this mod work?  Will a separate product code and stock level be assigned (perhaps optionally) for each product/ option1 / option2 ?  How will prices work?

I wasn't going to worry about having a unique product code, but perhaps I should? Is it needed?

There is a difference between options that are really optional - addons and options that are really product attributes or specifications like color, size, etc. (some products must have a color and size).

Yes exactly, and product attributes will almost always require unique stock level for every combination (eg. colour and size), whereas the addons are things which affect the price but don't require a separate stock level (eg. gift wrapping, etc).

I'm also considering allowing the weight to be specified along with the stock level.

Its definitely turning out to be a major mod (as I knew it would be...)

Hi All

This is my attempt at sorting out the problem http://www.shopmx.co.uk/

If you click on Smith Sunglasses -> Interchangeable -> Axis

You will see when you mouse over the images the product info etc changes. Then when clicked it take you to the full description of the item.

I have done this by changing the ViewCat scripts.

Works good for me :unsure: (Even when searching!!)

Cheers

A

Guest drodrigz

Count me in! It is really important if you have an apparel business with different sizes / different colors of the same item! Please let me know when a mod or a new release comes out with this feature!

Thanks!

Guest Denver Dave
OSC already had this built in from start...I am suprised that CC does not
I was not aware of this, does OSC treat each option as a different product code?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Steve-C

I have been struggling with OSc over the past couple of weeks and can assure you that it does not have this feature as standard!

It is a very big add-on by a contributor and has a 48 page support forum to go with it. I have not managed to get it working properly.

I would be very interested to see Estelle's efforts with CubeCart, it would be worth it to me to make the change.

Guest Joker8118

Hi All

You will see when you mouse over the images the product info etc changes. Then when clicked it take you to the full description of the item.

Works good for me :sourcerer: (Even when searching!!)

Cheers

A

Has this been released as a mod? Looks very good in my opinion.

Hi All

Works good for me ;) (Even when searching!!)

Cheers

A

Has this been released as a mod? Looks very good in my opinion.

I would like this mod too. :sourcerer:

Guest dorianrave

Thank You Estelle for even taking the bull by the horn on this one. I hope that everything works out because this mod would be wonderful for many people. Good Luck on this one.

;)

Hi Joker8118 & Puppy

My Smith Sunglasses website http://www.shopmx.co.uk/ was my method of sorting out the product options issue and not related to estelle forthcoming mod... I am not sure how estelle's mod will work but at present I am happy with what I have done. I still have a bit of work to do on it as FF does not display is correctly.

If your interested in the mods I have carried out let me know!!

A

Guest Denver Dave

scweb: Looks like you did what we did and created lots of categories and a separate product with a separate product number for each color - is that correct?

Guest estelle

Thank You Estelle for even taking the bull by the horn on this one. I hope that everything works out because this mod would be wonderful for many people. Good Luck on this one.

Thanks dorianrave, its complicated, but its coming along nicely :D

Should be ready within the next week!

Estelle.