Product options + Stock Level

Guest dunkirk

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

Is there a way you can specify a product option eg: size 3, 4 , 5 or 6 and the stock level decreases for each individual size.

I am using CC version 3.0.4

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest estelle

Hi,

This functionality is not part of standard CubeCart.

I have considered (and still am considering) developing this mod. It wouldn't be a small mod, and right now I've got a few too many things on my to do list. But if there's enough interest for this mod I will develop it.

Estelle.

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

This functionality is not part of standard CubeCart.

I have considered (and still am considering) developing this mod. It wouldn't be a small mod, and right now I've got a few too many things on my to do list. But if there's enough interest for this mod I will develop it.

Estelle.

HI,

I really hope people do show alot of interest. Because my page looks like a mess

because i have to list 5 of each item cos i have 5 of each item. Anyway thanks for you reply back. and pls let me know if you have developed it in the futhure.

Thanks again

Guest estelle

At the moment this mod is looking too complicated to be worth developing. But if you guys can drum up some more support for it, then I will investigate it further...

Guest nystevez28

I too am very intrested in this option, I have a retail site and this would really clean the site up, no more listings of 5 or more of the same item just due to sizes.

I am begging for this option, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Guest johnkolk

I would really like the option as well. as it is i need to delete an iteam as it runs out of stock in a color and then put it back in as I get more.

I really need such a mod for my granddaughter's site. Otherwise, customers will not be able to choose their own colors on assorted color items, since quantity can't be tracked by option attribute. We'll have to go with something like, "choice of color subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute colors," which I think will be unprofessional and bad for business. :rolleyes:

Guest Denver Dave

Seems like every one that wants to track stock levels and has options that are not really optional but specifications would need this mod. Otherwise we are having to setup a category for essentially the product and a separate product for every size / color combination.

Does any shopping cart handle this stock level by option?

Guest dunkirk

Great to see people are supporting this cause. We need more people to come and add to this thread, so we might have estelle convinced. More support for this module Pls.

put me on the list this, verry usefull

perhapps brooky can add this in "cubecart the next geneartion"

is it a idee to join force's and have a development group fore mods and skins ?

two now more than one and so on, i see some great idee's out there puting them together wil make cubecart stronger, and there wil still be room for commercial mods and skins.

oke i gave the pass, lets join up and bring CC to the final of the e-commerce champions league.

Allrude

I too would be interested in this mod. It would be much better than the category solution (which is what I use right now). I agree that saying choice of color is mine is unprofessional. I usually won't buy something like that unless color, shape, etc. REALLY doesn't matter.

This mod is really the only additional improvement I can see for my store. CubeCart is the greatest and I have told many Web developers about it.

Here's my store (it is still inprogress): Alpaca Apparel

I hope the need for this is great. Thanks for thinking about creating this mod. :w00t:

Guest Denver Dave

Might be a complicated mod, because we are essentially defining a new product. Each combination of options will require:

1) stock level

2) product code

12 sizes x 5 colors = 60 products - would be nice to be able to have 1 product with 12 size and 5 color options.

===========

I did look at Zen-cart - I'm not sure if it handles the producto option stock level or not

Guest estelle

LOL. I didn't even think of that before! :w00t:

I was just thinking that you would maintain a single stock level for each product option of each product, and that in itself was still going to be a pain in the butt.

And how would you display that an item was out of stock? The customer would have to choose a combination of product options first, and only then could you inform them that they can't have that particular combination.

I know there's quite a big number of people who have voiced interest in this mod, but to be honest I'm still not sure if it would be worth trying to develop it.

And i should probably point out, that if any other developers want to to do this mod.... go for it! (Just let me know, to make sure we don't both start developing it..)

And.. I think I was wrong about OSC/Zen having this functionality - I was getting confused with pricing for different quantities (which I thought was being done with product options). Example

Estelle.

Add me to the growing list! I've been looking for this functionality for over a year now and I'm not willing to give up CC. I'm also wiling to put up a few bucks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmaynard

I did look at Zen-cart - I'm not sure if it handles the producto option stock level or not

Zen Cart definitely does NOT do this. I have one store on Zen and this is sorely missing from Zen too.

Yep I would also be interested in this mod!!

I sell sunglasses online so for example I have...

A pair of sunglasses in various different colour combinations. I would like only to list one pair and have either a drop down list to change the colur/price/stock etc.

Do you think your mod could do this? If your are going ot do it when do you think it will be ready? As I am currenlty looking at making a few changes myself

Cheers

A