usps Web Tools question

ok I been tweeking the usps shipping modual a little and I went and signed up for an account with usps webtools. I got the email today and it has my tools user Id. Is this the same as the usps username in the usps shipping modual?

Second question is..they no longer require a password from the letter I just got from them. Is this a problem as CC wants usps username and a password.

Guess I got one more question...is there any threads about ship by weight and USPS? and running no shipping on some items and shipping on others. I get one or the other to work but not both...I am selling postal mailing leads(no shipping) and consumable products (shipping ) on this site...

thanks all..

Can anyone make heads or tails of this? I almost got everything to work I think..ups seems to be working but usps gives these errors . I have an account and they have updated the account.

after enering a zip of 99362 and enabled and debug checked in CC

(error)

USPS::submit_request: domxml_open_mem is uncallable

after enering a zip of 99362 and enabled Checked checked in CC

error

USPS::submit_request: domxml_open_mem is uncallable

after entering a zip of 99362-8966 and enabled and debug checked checked in CC

error

Request XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<RateV2Request USERID="Undisclosed user ID" PASSWORD="no password required now"><Package ID="0"><Service>EXPRESS</Service><ZipOrigination>99362-8966</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>99362</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>Flat Rate Envelope</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV2Request>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-Undisclosed #</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV2;RateEngineV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender. </Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV2Response>

no password in CC as required by USPS now.

error

Request XML:

</Request>

Return XML:

<Error>

<Number>Undisclosed Number</Number>

<Description>XML Syntax Error: Error getting USERID attribute.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

Not trying to be a pain, but it really doesn't help to double post. Try to just wait for an answer next time.

As far as I know USPS is not functional in 3.0.5 or .4...can someone verify this?

nor was I amefa. Just trying to give as much info as can be given. I saw little bits of info all over the forums about this and thought if I was detailed on what I was recieving in error that it would be easier for the next person to put it all together...sorry.

Guest KPalicz

Not trying to be a pain, but it really doesn't help to double post. Try to just wait for an answer next time.

As far as I know USPS is not functional in 3.0.5 or .4...can someone verify this?

Then what would help? He asked a question 3 days ago and so far no one has helped...

Oh yea, I have search for the last 3 days for threads related to the problem and found lots of people having problems with it but very little input as to how to fix it. I would think this would be one that would take priority. :)

I really like the look and the way CC works but if shipping doesnt work then we cant sell anything...Well I will be patient and wait for someone to come up with a fix for it though. It is a very very nice cart script...

I think I forgot to mention I am using V3.0.5 , Killer_Silver_blue skin,...I found the thread about being detailed ...but sometimes I space :)

thanks for the reply

@treasure_55

the answer was not intended for you my friend :lol:

Well I will be patient and wait for someone to come up with a fix for it though

:) magic word patient :)

If nobody answers your post it means it has either been answered once to many times or they are trying to find a solution. B)

Guest KPalicz

Oh yea, I have search for the last 3 days for threads related to the problem and found lots of people having problems with it but very little input as to how to fix it. I would think this would be one that would take priority. :D

I really like the look and the way CC works but if shipping doesnt work then we cant sell anything...Well I will be patient and wait for someone to come up with a fix for it though. It is a very very nice cart script...

I think I forgot to mention I am using V3.0.5 , Killer_Silver_blue skin,...I found the thread about being detailed ...but sometimes I space ;)

thanks for the reply

Well after doing plenty of looking I'm seeing lots and lots of people asking questions about an obviously (and seriously) flawed usps module and I am seeing very few answers coming from the company. Just a bunch of bewildered customers each with one part of the solution helping each other out as much as they are able since the software designers seem unwilling or unable to do it.

So. That being said, treasure, I can help you out with that error. Your issue seems to be a server issue, so send an e-mail to your host and tell them the error that you are having and ask if they can update their domxml support (or something like that). Hopefully they will know what you're talking about and be able to fix it for you.

After navigating many bugs and errors with the USPS module, that's where I'm at. Unfortunately I still have many errors yet to navigate. After fixing the domxml problem now I get an error that says:

"We cannot ship an order of that total weight."

After searching on the forums I've found others with this problem (and many other problems), but no solution to this one. So considering how very unlikely Cubecart itself is going to help, I guess I'm out of luck.

It does seem a bit strange that it wouldn't be addressed sooner...maybe brooky is addressing it in 0.6 hope I hope..I just don't know enough about this stuff to help myself through these little bugs. But I am learning fast ;)

btw I checked the host server info and this is the v of the xml thing

XML Support active

XML Namespace Support active

EXPAT Version 1.95.6

is this a current version?

I don't want to start a flame war or anything like that because so far this is the best shoping software I have found...Both ease and support...friendly also. But this has got to be addressed. This is a major shiping option a lot of folks use and depend on. I do hope no one holds this against me though...

And thanks for the reply back and to all the folks working on this bug..

Guest KPalicz

Don't worry, they'll reserve their rancor for me, I'm the one being belligerent. ;)

But seriously, with this many problems and this many people having problems with the USPS thing, you'd think they would have put this in a FAQ or something. Or fixed it by now. *shrug*

Brooky, I believe is a single developer??? Unsure though...But his time is better spent on programming that adding FAQ's...bugs.cubecart.com has the problem listed and confirmed a few times though.

Guest KPalicz

USPS is not functional in any versions yet...I just got a bug update that it will be fixed in 3.0.6

Any word on when .6 is coming out?

Any tips on what I should do until then? Like other good shipping modules.

I believe I saw it was due out in a couple of weeks...Cool...

AmeFa It would help if bugs forums didnt have a password and user name for members. My password wont work for that forum.. ;)

I do hope no one holds this against me though...

Don't worry, they'll reserve their rancor for me, I'm the one being belligerent.

Thats it you both had it now and you are banned LOL ;) (Just joking)

No way someone will hold anything against any poster with this kind of discucion. It is a bug and you are concerned on how to overcome this problem. :D

It has been reported as a bug a few times and it is been worked on, hopefully this issue will get fixed soon.

I dont have a clue when CC3.06 is due but i do know that every time we rush brooky to release it there is something niglected. I am going to wait but i will ask him and find out when he plans to release it. :)

Sorry i cant help you out but i dont really know the solution to this problem, wish i knew :lol:

Thanks Vralas.

I to will wait for the upgrade and fixes This is a cool package as I stated before and I am sure it will be worth the wait... ;) So many of you put effort out and we all apriciate it for sure...one day I may even be able to answer the less tech questions for newbies like myself...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest internetpilot

USPS is not functional in any versions yet...I just got a bug update that it will be fixed in 3.0.6

Any word on when .6 is coming out?

Any tips on what I should do until then? Like other good shipping modules.

UPS? It seems to be working when I've been testing my cart. Admittedly, though, I haven't gone production yet, and I haven't searched the forums to see if UPS is another known broken module and I just don't realize it yet.

Well, word from above says that 3.0.6 will be out VERY soon. I'm not sure yet if 3.0.6 will have a working USPS module or not. If not, I already know how I would make it work and will recode the module to get it right....cause that's just the kinda guy I am. :rolleyes: ....NUTS!