FIX for incorrect grand total in 3.0.3 onwards

Guest estelle

Guest estelle

Hey guys,

I finally got around to looking at this bug. The bug is observable in 3.0.3 onwards. When a user starts to checkout and selects a shipping method, then stops at the payment gateway step and starts shopping again - when they next view their cart the total will be incorrect. The total still includes the selected shipping price, but the shipping is displayed as n/a.

In includes/content/cart.inc.php, find this line:

$shippingPrice = $lang['front']['cart']['na'];

Insert these lines *after* it:

// Bug fix for incorrect total - reset shipping cost

$basket = $cart->setVar(0,"shipCost");

Tiny change, hey. Please post here if you discover any problems with this fix!

Estelle.

Guest Frustrated Father

When you say 'after' do you mean behind the code or on the next line down?

Yes, I admit it, I'm a complete newbie with this stuff, but I ask so I don't screw something up.

Pretty sure I did the change correct but still get the N/A on shipping Get the na when I click to view basket. Updates the shiping when I click continue then I click Homepage and then view basket and still get the N/a? Do I have something else messed up?

Guest estelle

The fix does not change the n/a. The n/a is there to indicate that the shipping value is not known until the customer reaches step4 where they select the shipping method.

The fix is to correct the *total*. The total was incorrect under particular circumstances that I explained in my first post.

The bug was:

The total still includes the selected shipping price, but the shipping is displayed as n/a.

After the fix:

Now, when the shipping is displayed as n/a, the selected shipping price will be reset to zero and the total will be correct.

That makes scense that it would not know the shipping until the customer chose the method. Sorry, I am just learning the program and sometimes I miss the obvious...When running low on coffee...I am getting the hang of it though..thanks for explaining it to me..

• 2 months later...
Guest tbladecki

the only problem that i see is it is included in the 3.0.7pl1 code already and it still is not calc the shipiinng correct?? I am using UPS and USPS

• 1 month later...
Guest graphixw

I am using 3.07 p|1 and the fix is already in the cart.inc.php. Now as I proceed to check out the "n/a" is there until the last page before the payment page, then it gives me a blank drop down box with nothing inside it. Is there a fix for that? I tried using flat rate shipping in this case. When I use ship by price it works but I have to enter an amount for free shipping and I do not want this. Can someone please advise? Thanks! :D

Guest graphixw

I think i got it to work for ship by price! I wanted $5.95 so I just typed in "5.9500000000" (filled it up with zeros at the end until it couldnt go no more)in the box and now it appears on the step 4 page of checkout BUT in a drop down box. Why is that? Is there maybe a way to type a little message on the step 3 before proceeding "shipping will be calulated on the next page"...or something similar to this? It would be nice! :D

• 1 year later...
Guest susanfrancis

i'm trying to ship by category, and also have that empty drop down box. anybody know how to fix this? my shipping NEVER shows up, and i can't afford to ship for free!!!!!