mals cart not cleared after order

I set up the mals gateway and it does transfer my info to mals, and the order gets set up on their site...

but...

once they come back to my site, the shopping cart is still populated, as if they never went through the order process.

How can I set the system to clear the cart upon successful return from mals?

bump... a couple days, lots of reads but no responses...

Can someone give a brother a hand here ? I need to get this cart up and running but the Mals cart seems non-functional because of this issue

bump

one would get the feeling that nobody is here if it were not fr the fact that this thread has 30 page views...

too bad it has ZERO replies except for me :whistle:

Is nobody else using mals ?

I did try and open a ticket there but it says you must be a "customer" which I assume means a paid customer (since I am logged in and it still complains)

I certainly am considering bcoming a (paid) customer if I can get the system up and running but this bug makes me hesitate.

So, Im not sure what other option there is (other than opening a defect in the bug system like I did)

Hi,

I was unaware of this problem BUT I can see that it is an issue. Thanks for the bug report I'll do my utmost to have it fixed in 3.0.6 due in eht next few days.

It will take a little experimentation.

Out of interest does Mals-E successfully return you to the confirmation screen of your store?

OK, to help test and fix this issue, I did the following steps:

after adding something to cart, select view cart.

basket shows address and order --> /cart.php?act=step4

press continue

basket shows 1 radio button for credit card --> cart.php?act=step5

(Q - if only one option, why make them select a radio button? seems unneeded)

press continue

see a "transferring" screen

you get to http://wwX.aitsafe.com/cf/pay.cfm (wwwX changes for each site)

shows the order and address correctly

press continue

brings you to a ssl payment page

enter credit card 4111111111111111 , leave date and use verification 666

press order now

brings you to https://wwX.aitsafe.com/secure/payprocess.pht

which shows: Thank you. Your order has been successfully processed.

press back to site button

brings you back to the main site, where you are still logged in and cart is still filled.

maybe it needs to bring you to some other URL that does the clearing?

(im not sure what the confirmation screen page URL is)

Guest ColeFlournoy

Hi -- I have this same problem with PayPal Pro. I mainly use Firefox and that may have something to do with it but i've had several customers tell me they had that problem too that do not use firefox - so I'm stumped... Anybody else had this problem useing paypal or any other gateway?

Dingfelder,

I have seen your threads on this - at the moment I am stumped with this too.

I have a client's store just waiting to be upgraded to 3.05 but I can't see a way of returning to empty the cart as Mals-e cannot return to anything other than a static html page as far as I can see. It will not let you go back to where a customer session is still active to enable a return to the store, clearing the cart.

I have a very flaky work around for my CC 2.07 store which seems to only make sense to about 25% of shoppers who use it, who don't read that they need Pop-ups enabled.

My client has spent hours onbuilding the store and really hates this situation and I will not implement 3.05 or 6 or whatever until it can be fixed - Brooky please!!

My rubbish work - around ( came from help in prvious cc2 thereads now deleted)

Customer goes from the order.php page to checkout.

This page goes to secure.php page which then sends the summary of the cart to Mals-e in a new page which pops up over the top leaving secure.php still there behind it.

The return from Mals-e goes to a static page on the site thanks.html

A javascript triggered by clicking "click here" closes that window to reveal the secure.php page they came from.

They then click " CLICK HERE" to confirm their purchase and get to a page where they can go back to the store.

Try it here if you like www.devotion.co.uk/store

login as [email protected]

password ohbert

Use a test card number for purchases 4111 1111 1111 1111 1111

any valid date and verification number.

I won't upgrade till this is fixed I'm afraid.

Mals in this case is not used as a shopping cart. It takes the basket from CC as single item "order" . It also has some good automated batch order processing we use.

Mainly it is used as a free, secure way to take cards and manually clear them through a Pdq terminal machine.

Guest bikeman

Wouldn't it be easier to just get enable SSL and collect card details via cube cart for processing offline. I don't do this myself but it is something I may want to do so I am enquirying to understand the carts limitations.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get enable SSL and collect card details via cube cart for processing offline. I don't do this myself but it is something I may want to do so I am enquirying to understand the carts limitations.

Hi no there are far to many security implications. The solution is to clear the basket just after the form is posted to Mals-E.

I'm working on this today and fix should be out tomorrow.

should the cart be cleard at that moment?

I was pondering having the return url from mals return you to the "clear cart url" instead of clearing it as you goto their site.

What im thinking is:

If I enter data into my cart, and go to their site, then realize I didnt want to hit submit, but instread go back to cubecart, it would be great if my cart still had my order since I did not complete the credit card entry

Does that make sense?

Guest bikeman

Hi no there are far to many security implications. The solution is to clear the basket just after the form is posted to Mals-E.

So what is the enable SSL option for in admin?

what url shouldI be returning to from mals when I am done on their site?

I assume I just replace the transfer.inc.php file with the one you attached and don't need to do anything else?