Paypal Pro Problem

Guest Frustrated Father

Guest Frustrated Father

I've gotten to the point where it isn't worth my time or trouble any longer to mess with this, I'm irritated, and right at the point of saying to hell with it and go to pay for a monthly cart.

I have installed all the upgrades, bug fixes and have tried to follow all the FAQ's around here as well as called Paypal and gotten the afirmation that I have gotten everything alright on THEIR end.

I need Paypal Pro working 100% on my website with the Direct Payment and Express Checkout, with everything working seemlessly, no 'order has failed' messages and the e-mails working properly (which I believe they are as I did Sir's update).

To this end, the individual that can get this working I will donate/gift/pay whatever the heck you want to call it, $50USD. I will give you a temp account access to the webstore and will confer with you through MSN or AIM. You will NOT have access to my paypal account but I will be more than happy to take screenshots or relay information or change it as need be in order to get this fixed.

So, contact me please. If you can get this running, I will give you $50USD and to top that off, I'll buy a license to the program on the off chance that it will help with some helpful documentation to get this stuff done so that laymans that don't know PHP and all the rest can do this without resorting to screaming and crying in these forums as quite a few of us seem to be doing.

Contact me at nathan at wyrd-games dot net.

Guest limkimpoh

i am having the sme problems too, paypal standard/IPN works fine, but the express checkout and paypal direct keeps returning a "sorry your order failed" at the last stage.

Have tried to dig through all the helps, but nothing is helping.....please someone help me test my site and you'll see what i mean.

my test store is http://www.baoyanbirdnest.com/upload

i am having the sme problems too, paypal standard/IPN works fine, but the express checkout and paypal direct keeps returning a "sorry your order failed" at the last stage.

Have tried to dig through all the helps, but nothing is helping.....please someone help me test my site and you'll see what i mean.

my test store is http://www.baoyanbirdnest.com/upload

Do you have ssl enabled?

Guest Frustrated Father

Roban got ahold of me last night in MSN, but still no luck as of the moment. I did have something configured wrong in Papal for the IPN URL that I found as I was going through the PDF he sent me from CC3Biz, but the Direct Payment and Express Checkout is still dead.

www.wyrd-games.net/shop

Still being looked into, hopefully a solution here in the near future.

Guest Frustrated Father

And just so I don't confuse anyone, and to give out the proper information, here is what I have for my account setup.

Cubecart version 3.05.

Have done ALL of the updates posted here in that sticky provided a week ago.

pear directory 755, pear tmp directory 777.

cert_key_pem.txt downloaded and installed.

SSL installed and running correctly.

Static IP for the website.

All the info from the CC3Biz PDF has been followed, turned off, setup.

Direct Payment and Express Checkout Enabled and LIVE, no sandbox.

Guest Frustrated Father

And as a side note, the Paypal IPN still gives an 'order failed' when going from paypal back to the wyrd webshop.

Just tested it.

Hey Guys,

I am the one who wrote the Paypal Pro Install and FAQ that is pinned in the general section.

I'd be willing to set you up for $50, just drop me an e-mail at [email protected].

Check out my store at www.USASkiClub.com/join -- it is live though, so don't make "test" orders please unless you would like to join the club! I am using PayPal PRO 100% (and SSL which is not required).

There you go Nathan. :w00t:

Guest Frustrated Father

That works for me - I'll be happy to pass along any pertinant information should it get up and running. My pain, your gain - atleast I sure as hell hope so because this is irkin' the hell out of me.

Guest limkimpoh

i did what you wrote in that FAQ ColeFlournoy, but still didn't work for me.. kept getting that "sorry, your order failed" message...

sigh :w00t:

As to the checklist for PayPal IPN, please note that it is aimed at CCv.3.0.2-3.0.4

The first section of that "tutorial," which deals with needed updates to certain files, is not applicable to 3.0.5 because the changes were incorporated into that release!

The second and third section, "What to do at PayPal" and "What to do in ACP" are still pertinent.

All this is spelled out in the download section where you would go to get the file.

I am still in 3.0.4, and PayPal IPN with automatic digital downloads is working perfectly.

When I upgrade to 3.0.5, I will also update the tutorial more fully. I am working on other, larger tutorials just now :rolleyes:

Guest brosville

excellent checklist - thank you!

If I may add -if you're not getting it to work clear all your cookies and reboot - I'd been lulled into a false sense of security using Firefox all the time - I just don't usually have "cookie issues" with it, so presumed the faults were elsewhere! :wacko:

Guest Frustrated Father

The offer still stands - I have yet to hear a solution from anyone on how to fix Paypal IPN, Direct Payment and Express Checkout as of yet.

$50 anyone ..

(grumble)

Guest brosville

had a major spring clean of cookies? :wacko:

-worked for me! - like a dose of senna it was! :sourcerer:

ps, if it works, please send the $50 dollars to some charity that'll spend it on hurricane relief in the US of A! (and next time, call the UK, we'll have rescue there a damned sight quicker than your lot!) :dizzy:

Guest Frustrated Father

I'll try that tonight when I get home - had two other individuals try it though yesterday, and they got it as well, so I'm not quite sure that is going to work.

Wot exactly is it you want to do and why do you want all those paypal options

i may be naive but i have one option and ipn activated amd i can take paypal and credit cards and my store works on digital downloads fully automated.

Guest revolvere

I have CC 3.0.5 and the PayPal Direct Payments and Express Checkout, seems to be working for me. I also have SSL enabled, but it works without.

Perhaps I may be able to help you? I'm not saying I'm a wiz, but if I can get mine working, and I can't get your's working, then it might suggest its something unrelated to CC.

Guest ColeFlournoy

Hi, Sorry frustrated father -- I have been completly swamped with orders that have been coming in to my new store and I am having other bugs I have to work out. I should get time to look at it this weekend. But make sure 1st that you have exactly followed my faq on a clean install of 3.0.5. PayPal IPN has NOTHING to do with PayPal Pro and you do not need to do any of those fixes - I haven't tested this, but doing thoses fixes could possibly stop PP Pro from working. Number 2 -- Be certain that your credit card info is correct including your name and address. I was stuck on this prob for a while and it was just b/c I wasnt using the right credit card info -- any little problem such ass address or you 3 digit verification code will make you get the orderfailed error.

Also -- its not clear in the customer info screen for the address to people in the USA.

For town - put your city

For state - put your state

For postcode - put your zip code

Also -- the state does not carry over from the customer info screen to the credit card screen so you have to re-select it.

I changed all of these in my language file to make more sense to my users, including the error message. My errors now explain to the customer that they entered the wrong info -- it does not just say "Order failed" -- this is a qucik fix as it doesn't really tell the user what is amatter like it should -- which would be a great mod for someone to make...