tax is not getting added

I am having trouble getting tax to add to the order.

I tried searching in the forums and see in some posts that the tex buttons are reversed but this didnt make it work.

I also read something about the user's location affecting tax rates and shipping rates but am not sure how that applies because for this site we have only 1 country (new zealand) with no zones, all using one tax (12.5 GST) so all orders need tax irregardless of what the users location is.

Am I missing something? what else do I need to do to get the tax to show on all carts automatically?

Guest estelle

Is tax never getting added to the total at all... or is it initially showing as "n/a" then changes to a proper value after they have logged in or registered a new account? Taxes are not shown until CubeCart knows the customers billing state/country.

Admin: Products

- Each product must be correctly set to Standard Tax, and the same for shipping methods if tax is to be charged on them also.

Admin: Taxes

- Taxable country must be set to NZ (with state set to --ALL--)

- Standard Tax must be correctly set to your NZ tax rate

Admin: General Settings

- Include tax in prices must be set to No (I wish Brooky would just switch the Yes & No!! :P)

estelle, thanks for looking at it !

tax and shipping are both showing n/a, even when I have registered as living in New Zealand.

There is only one one country set up and tax is set to 12.5 for new zealand

There are no zones so I assume that is what you mean by state set to --ALL--

Guest estelle

Okay, well shipping is working to some degree. I've got one Mexican Chiapas in my cart and i have the choice of 1st class shipping for $7.88 or 2nd class for $9.

Tax is still showing up as n/a though

Guest estelle

Can you confirm that you double checked this:

- Each product must be correctly set to Standard Tax, and the same for shipping methods if tax is to be charged on them also.

Hi

I have the same problem. Tax is not adding at all to me as a NY resident.

- Each product must be correctly set to Standard Tax, and the same for shipping methods if tax is to be charged on them also. Yes it is

Admin: Taxes

- Taxable country must be set to NZ (with state set to --ALL--) Yes it is but for US and NY

- Standard Tax must be correctly set to your NZ tax rateYes it is for NY

Admin: General Settings

- Include tax in prices must be set to No Yes it is

Guest estelle

@dingfelder

I created a new customer account, [email protected] with password test. If you try that account maybe then you'll be able to see the shipping.

As for the tax, i don't have any other ideas. If you want, setup a new administrator account with full permissions for editing/adding products & settings, then i might be able to figure it out. PM me the username/password.

Estelle.

strange. I logged in as that user and do not see either tax of shipping for the order in their shopping cart. now im wondering if it is a cookie or cache issue.

I set up an admin user and PMed it to you.

Guest estelle

Okay, i'm not sure how or why, but there was something wrong in your countries, counties, or tax zones in the database.

And i noticed you deleted all the countries in your database except for NZ? Maybe that caused something to go wrong...

If anyone else has the same problem, what i did was:

- In Admin -> Countries/Zones, i created new States (this step may not have been required)

- In Admin -> Taxes the state selector had two options, first being "-- ALL --" and the second being "" (ie. blank). I selected the second option and clicked update.

- Now the State selector is set to the blank entry, and magically taxes are working....

- So i deleted the new States that i had created (once again, this step was probably not required)

Looks like there's a bug in Admin -> Taxes.

Estelle.

(Shipping works fine for me. Try deleting your CubeCart cookies)

I agree that the tax is now working (much thanks) but I still don't see any shipping, even after clearing both my cookies and cache. :P

I tried in both IE and firefox, after clearing

- In Admin -> Taxes the state selector had two options, first being "-- ALL --" and the second being "" (ie. blank). I selected the second option and clicked update.

Estelle.

Where is that option...under Tax?

I only have 2 options to edit in that section

Apply Tax ONLY the following area: (which is where you choose your country and state to tax.

OR

Tax Class (ehich is where you put the % of tax to charge..

Guest arrabalero

Hi. Here´s what I think the solution.

When you are in the TAX Admin select the 12,5 tax you want to charge. Then choose New Zealand and click on apply tax ONLY in the following area choosing -ALL-, and you´re done.

You´re lucky with only that country. System doesn´t allow more countries, and I have to do it with every UE country, so I have to create 25 different taxes with an only tax ratio.

System fails also here bacause you cant control clrearly how taxes are being charged. It gets registered somehow because then the shop automatically charges it for that country, but no good control panel for dealing with it.

Guest estelle

Mel,

Where you choose "tax ONLY this ...", there is a Country selector and a State selector. The State selector had a second option, a blank option, and somehow when I chose that option and clicked update, taxes started working.

If you want me to have a go at fixing your admin, setup a new test administrator account with permissions for settings and products, and PM me the details.

Estelle.

Ok...is that in the Admin Tax

Cause this is what I see...I have it set up for US and NY...

Or should it be for NY only...cause I don't see an option for NY only...

Guest estelle

Oh, i see - you probably won't have the weird blank option then, since you have States listed for your country, obviously. Mel there's not much more i can do - if you want me to have a look further you'll have to setup an admin account for me.

Guest estelle

Why? Melissa, i am a professional programmer, and my signature shows that I develop mods for CubeCart. If you don't want my free help, thats fine, I am working on a mod right now for which I am being paid, so to be honest I should be putting 100% of my time into that.

I was just asking...you never know now adays...

I had an instance happen to me on Mambo. That person had Mambo Dev in his signature line. Which in fact he was not and messed up my shop. In fact locked me out of it. So I was just checking. Certainly do not take it personally, I was speaking from my perpsective. And I appreciate the offer.

In fact I have no idea how I would set up another admin account.

Guest estelle

Okay, sorry for getting snappy, its just that it takes so many posts back and forth to get things happening around here.

In Admin -> Administrators you can create a new account. Just setup whatever login username and password you want, save it, and then click on Permissions to add full permissions for products & settings. Then PM me the username/password. Don't worry, since it is not a superuser its impossible to mess with your account, and its always impossible to extract passwords etc. The worst I could do is mess with your products or settings, which I have no interest in doing. And as soon as I'm finished looking into your tax problem, you can delete the account.

Estelle.

Guest estelle

For anyone else who might have a similar problem - the tax rate has to be set as a percentage (i.e. 8.00 rather than 0.08).

(Sorry i didn't pick up on it in the image you posted, Mel :wacko:).

E.