Thumbnail not displayed

Guest berrberr

Hi,

my problem is same - I create image but thum is/will not create.

I am not expert for php - this is error report come in admin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to access /DISK3/WWW/bundes-shop.cz/www/store/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_tt7600.jpg in /DISK3/WWW/bundes-shop.cz/www/store/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Invalid filename '/DISK3/WWW/bundes-shop.cz/www/store/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_tt7600.jpg' in /DISK3/WWW/bundes-shop.cz/www/store/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn´t made no changes in ../store/classes/gd.inc.php

I instaled 3.0.5 and next day 3.0.6 and by both versio was same report.

Can you help me?? Thank you

Next - I have transtaltin in czech for ver. 3.0.5 - I want to bring available - WHERE can I do it??

I have also problem with the thumbs. Yesterday all worked fine and suddenly today I get this error message.

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to access /customers/hungarianpetnet.com/hungarianpetnet.com/httpd.www/store/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_FT311.jpg in /customers/hungarianpetnet.com/hungarianpetnet.com/httpd.www/store/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

Warning: imagejpeg(): Invalid filename '/customers/hungarianpetnet.com/hungarianpetnet.com/httpd.www/store/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_FT311.jpg' in /customers/hungarianpetnet.com/hungarianpetnet.com/httpd.www/store/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

Can anyone please give me a hint on what is going on? I have tried with different images and on one other computer but I still get this error message. I'm still using 3.0.2 and everything has work just fine until today.

Please, Anyone?

I have some more information I hope can help us to solve this problem.

My host has upgraded PHP this weekend and my guess is that it's something about that, that has messed with my thumbs not been uploaded.

According to my adminpanel I now have PHP 4.4.1

Don't ask me what I have before :) beacuse that I really don't know.

I read in the CC2 forum that it had been some trouble with images before and upgraded PHP so I believe I'm on the right track here...

So can anyone with more knowledge about PHP help me PLEASE!

Guest nightmare

Staying on here too....

My host says php-upgrade has nothing to do with it... but php is a delicate thing he says so I must have altered programming ;) as if I knew anything about that lol

Did send a mail to php-support at my webhosts... I hope to get an answer soon... will post it here.

/Susanne

Guest estelle

Hey! Dood! I started getting error messages about 2 and a half weeks ago when my webhosts did something to PHP...

Warning: unlink(/--xxx--/cubemods/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_prod_images.jpg): Permission denied in /--xxx---/cubemods/admin/products/index.php on line 172

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/---xxx---/cubemods/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_prod_images.jpg' for writing in /---xxx---/cubemods/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

Think they're related?

I think the error message is still being shown and thumbnails are still successfully generated, but i'm not sure haven't really paid close attention.

estelle

Lucky you ;) if you get your thumbs generated.

Do you have any idea that to do to fix this?

This is a huge problem for me, I have about 150-200 new products I will put up in my shop but it's no meaning if the thumbs don't generats.

Guest estelle

Hmmm, nope, no idea sorry. Looking closer it appear my webhosting company has fixed the problem for me....... great!

But, there's a few image utilities which can batch create your thumbnails. Try XnView, or IrfanView. And then just make sure the thumbnails are named correctly, and then FTP the fullsize images to your image/uploads dir, and FTP the thumbnails to your image/uploads/thumbs dir.

Now I have some more information and I need some help.

According to my host has the upgrade to PHP 4.4.1 done something with how imagejpeg is function and right now they don't know if they will modificate it or not. My host said that I can get around the problem bye having a touch($filename) and now I wonder if anyone can tell me how I do that? and Please, write so a two year old would understand, I'm total newbie to PHP.

Thanks,

Susanne

Guest estelle

Hi Susanne, you might (also) want to try posting in the Request a Mod forum, as lots of the PHP developers watch that forum ;)

I do recommend that you create your thumbnails yourself. It will probably be easier than trying to get around your PHP error. Also your webhost company might fix the PHP problem eventually.

Hi Susanne, you might (also) want to try posting in the Request a Mod forum, as lots of the PHP developers watch that forum ;)

I do recommend that you create your thumbnails yourself. It will probably be easier than trying to get around your PHP error. Also your webhost company might fix the PHP problem eventually.

Yes, I will try the mod forum, Thanks!

estelle, can you explain how I create my own thumbs, I'm so sorry but I don't understand how I shall do.

Guest estelle

You will need to use an image editor to create the thumbs. A good image editor that I use is XnView. With this editor you can resize and save many images at once using its Batch operation in the Tools menu.

You will need to use an image editor to create the thumbs. A good image editor that I use is XnView. With this editor you can resize and save many images at once using its Batch operation in the Tools menu.

How do you do after you have created the thumb?

I have tried do resize the image to a thumb and after that uploaded the resized picture to the thumb mapp on the server but I doesn't work.

Guest estelle

Susanne, perhaps you can do a search, because this has been discussed before :wacko:

You have you name your thumbnail images with the correct naming format (thumb_origfilename.jpg or thumb_origfilename.fig where origfilename is the filename of the original image)

Susanne, perhaps you can do a search, because this has been discussed before :wacko:

You have you name your thumbnail images with the correct naming format (thumb_origfilename.jpg or thumb_origfilename.fig where origfilename is the filename of the original image)

Thanks estelle but I don't think a search would help me so much because I have done just as you have written and it doesn't work just like smallbang also have experienced. I thought you have done it in another way, perhaps a magic way :wacko: but so lucky can I probably don't be...

This problem is very annoying.

There's another thread about this here.

You will need to tell me your URL for me to have any idea what might be going on.

I have tried to do exactly as it says in the other thread and it doesn't work.

Here are the address to the category there you can see my problem. This is the products I have uploaded after my host upgraded PHP and no image is available.

http://www.hungarianpetnet.com/store/index...ewCat&catId=152

I'm not sure why, but your thumbnails don't exist. Are you sure you uploaded them to the correct folder?

E.g. http://www.hungarianpetnet.com/store/image..._akitaft341.jpg

This file doesn't exist.

It's a mystery...I think I will sleep on it and hopefully wake up in the morning and my host has got in a better mood and have fixed this issue for me.

Thanks for all your help, estelle!